Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Glock 19x?

I have a 45 and 19X. The 45 is probably better but I love my 19X.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    I have a 45 and 19X. The 45 is probably better but I love my 19X.
    I too have both a G45 and 19X and in their triggers, handling, accuracy and performance they've been identical twins. The G45 kicks brass farther for sure. But I've not gotten any BTF etc with the 19X.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    So I'm interested in a Glock. I know there is the 17 and the 19 as the two most popular and reliable 9 mm out there. But also doing some research I know they have the Glock 19 X which is sort of a combination of the 19 and the 17. I personally wish it was kind of backwards with the 17 slide on the 19 frame, if that makes sense. But for those who owned the 19 X what are your thoughts?
    The G19x and the G45 make plenty of sense, to me, because my aging right hand needs a full-sized Glock grip, for orthopedic reasons. The “heel” of the grip needs to make firm contact with the “heel bone” of my right hand. This means a G17-sized grip is necessary, nowadays. (I traded-away three G19 pistols, in 2020, because they had started hurting me, in 2017, and 2020 was a good time to sell/trade pistols.) The shorter barrel/slide are nice, because they “clear leather” just a bit quicker, which is especially nice if carrying IWB.

Notably, I never noticed a practical difference in conceal-ability, between the G17 and G19, so, had usually carried a G17, due to the noticeably better accuracy potential and “shoot-ability.” That full-length grip is what I believe made the most difference, in shoot-ability, by helping me to attain a consistent grip, and, grip length is not what makes a Glock difficult for me to conceal, anyway. To get enough of a difference in conceal-ability, to matter, I needed to drop all the way down to a “baby” Glock, and I now only shoot “baby” Glocks with my healthier left hand. That same firm contact with the “heel bone” of the hand, with a G17-sized grip frame, amounts to an added point of contact. So, I believe that I would prefer a G19x/G45, to a regular G19, regardless of the “aching old man” factor.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Oooh.... That will make a lot of people happy if they ever release it.

Thats awesome! Thanks guys. I wonder if it'll have an MOS like the 45?

That image does not have a plate at rear of slide. Also, as someone noted earlier, no announcement of availability here in US.
    G45MOS if you’re in the market now…

Mirror what has been said. The 19x was cool but my 45mos was the better gun.

And also there is just some special sauce in the g17 grip and g19 slide length. Dang thing just shoots, especially with a dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    Thats awesome! Thanks guys. I wonder if it'll have an MOS like the 45?
    What you referenced in your original post, 17 length slide with a 19 length grip is also known as a 17K or 19L

It's been talked about a fair bit here but a while ago, have a look here or here or search for Glock grip chop.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    What you referenced in your original post, 17 length slide with a 19 length grip is also known as a 17K or 19L

It's been talked about a fair bit here but a while ago, have a look here or here or search for Glock grip chop.
    I wouldn’t bother with a chop if the 49 is on the horizon.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I wouldn’t bother with a chop if the 49 is on the horizon.
    With the options now available and with the move to PMO, I wouldn't chop either but till the 49 is released, a chopped 17 would answer the original question. Is it the best option? Hard to say unless we knew more about the shooter.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    This. If you enjoy hot brass falling down your shirt and occasionally getting stuck in your glasses, the 19X will not disappoint.

Otherwise the 45 is the better choice if you want a 19 with a longer grip.
    Never experienced that with any of mine. I also replace Glock’s MIM extractor with the Apex part and they extract like SIG P226 pistols. Seems like your ejector may be ever so slightly long??

User Tag List