Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock grip chops

Site Supporter

Glock grip chops

Anyone have/had a chopped Glock? Just to clarify I'm talking glock 34/17 chopped to a 19/26 grip lenth. Are they worth the effort? I love the 19 grip length just wondering if anyone finds a big advantage when combined with a 17 or 34 slide and sight radius.
    Last edited by wmu12071; 12-05-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spell checked...

I don't see the advantage of that. I switched from a 19 to 17 because I kept pinching my palm on reloads.

See this thread:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?t=2398
    My pics are there.

I chopped a 17 to 19 length. It works well for me and I shot it at a class recently. I've never had the 19 pinching issues but I don't have big meaty mitts, either. I usually have a 17 mag as reload anyway.

I think it's about ideal in the AIWB carry position because the grip length is just enough shorter to make a difference in printing, but the longer slide is not a penalty, I might consider it a benefit in that position, actually, due to leverage/mechanics of it.

All that said, I don't know that it provides a huge enough benefit over a 19 to switch if you already had a 19, or if you had to pay someone else for the work. I just happened to have an extra 17 and time and an itch to try it.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I cut a G22 down to G27 grip length. I personally don't think there is any real advantage over just going with a normal compact or sub-compact Glock. I did it just to prove that I could. It shoot well, carrys like a dream and I have seen no performance degredation compared to an unmolested G22.

I have a 17 chopped to a 19. I think that's about the ideal setup and wish GLOCK would build them from the factory this way.

The one I have is my most accurate shooter or at least I shoot it more accurately than any other pistol I own. Prob a coincidence and not the chop job so I'm not claiming it really "helps". It just feels good and allows me to conceal it just a little easier and utilize my stockpile of 19 mags.

Ben at Boresightsolutions did the work on mine.
    Carries like a dream
    Pittsburgh, PA host for www.aliastraining.com , and www.shivworks.com

www.anti-fragile.net

That is really clean-looking, nice piece.
    "Will this work so that I can use it instinctively in vital combat against an opponent who is determined to prevent me from doing so, and who is striving to eliminate me by fair means or foul?" ~ Col. Rex Applegate

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    Ben at Boresightsolutions did the work on mine.
    Carries like a dream
    Ben @ Boresight did mine as well, pictured left.

Ben at boresight did my 17 to 19 cut

DSC_8638.jpg by Willowofwisp, on Flickr

DSC_8626.jpg by Willowofwisp, on Flickr
    Chemist.

Ben looks like he has a long wait. Any suggestion for someone to chop a G19 grip to 26 length?

User Tag List