Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allegheny Gun Works' 92FS -> 92G conversion?

There was another thread on the subject a while back:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ight=allegheny
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    There was another thread on the subject a while back:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ight=allegheny
    Threads merged.
    #RESIST

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Threads merged.

3 Demerits for me not using the search function.
    3 more for it being a thread that I should have caught when it came out.

Josh at AGW (Allegheny Gun Works) makes custom parts for Berettas; he also does all kinds of machining work, and is an overall excellent gunsmith.

If it weren't for Josh's custom low profile decock levers, I wouldn't be carrying a Beretta right now since G versions aren't readily available. The AGW custom low profile decock lever mitigates the concern I have of accidentally engaging the safety (which happens to me quite regularly with the standard lever).

Also, his speed-bump triggers are great. There hasn't been anything like it since the Langdon days. He stocks all kinds of Beretta parts and can do complex machining work, e.g., FS to G configuration, removing a rail on a dust cover, making a standard grip a vertec grip, etc.

I'll be sending him a couple frames soon for mag well flares and front and back-strap checkering.

Josh has developed quite a good reputation, and after talking with him on the phone, buying parts, getting work done, I would enthusiastically encourage anyone with Beretta needs to give him a call.

God Bless,
    David
    Last edited by David B.; 03-08-2013 at 11:49 PM.

David, That's an awesome gun. How do you carry it?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    David, That's an awesome gun. How do you carry it?
    I'm currently carrying it in a Blade-Tech Razor IWB holster @ 3:30 - 4 o'clock position.

I don't care too much for the Razor, but that's the only holster I can find for the A1. I'm working on another option though. I purchased a 92A1 blue gun from Beretta and I've been in contact with some holster makers to see what they can do.

God Bless,
    David

Beretta 92G compact (or Centurion) is one of my "buy on sight" pistols.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I received this barrel back from Josh a few days ago. It's a simple cut and re-crown. It's the second one he's done for me.

I also stripped a slide and mailed both the slide and barrel today to CCR for another CPII plating.

In the next month or so I'll also be sending a frame to Josh for front and back-strap checkering and a flared mag well. The frame will need to be striped and re-anodized.

Then the gun will be exactly the way I want it. If only Beretta would build one to this spec from the factory... oh wait, they did, it was called the Elite II.

God bless,
    David

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by David B. View Post
    Josh at AGW (Allegheny Gun Works) makes custom parts for Berettas; he also does all kinds of machining work, and is an overall excellent gunsmith.

If it weren't for Josh's custom low profile decock levers, I wouldn't be carrying a Beretta right now since G versions aren't readily available. The AGW custom low profile decock lever mitigates the concern I have of accidentally engaging the safety (which happens to me quite regularly with the standard lever).

Also, his speed-bump triggers are great. There hasn't been anything like it since the Langdon days. He stocks all kinds of Beretta parts and can do complex machining work, e.g., FS to G configuration, removing a rail on a dust cover, making a standard grip a vertec grip, etc.

I'll be sending him a couple frames soon for mag well flares and front and back-strap checkering.

Josh has developed quite a good reputation, and after talking with him on the phone, buying parts, getting work done, I would enthusiastically encourage anyone with Beretta needs to give him a call.

God Bless,
    David
    Thanks for the info! My mind is awash with ideas.

Mine too. I'm thinking my 92G compact may need a speed bump trigger, spurless hammer and a bevel on the mag well...

User Tag List