Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allegheny Gun Works' 92FS -> 92G conversion?

Allegheny Gun Works' 92FS -> 92G conversion?

Anyone done business with Allegheny Gun Works before? I saw some buzz on the Beretta forum that the 'smith there developed a way to mill out 92FS slides to use 92G parts. As a fan of the G configuration, I'm tempted to send off an older 92F for the treatment, but I wanted to gather as much info on them as possible.

just from doing some cursory research on the guy and his input on Berettaforum, it looks like he does know his stuff regarding the 92. The modification is highly promising, but I am going to wait for a bit before doing this. Need more time to see if the guys on BF.net run into any issues or not.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    just from doing some cursory research on the guy and his input on Berettaforum, it looks like he does know his stuff regarding the 92. The modification is highly promising, but I am going to wait for a bit before doing this. Need more time to see if the guys on BF.net run into any issues or not.
    That was kind of my thought. The guys on BF tend to have some specialized knowledge on the platform, but they also tend towards fanboyism. I was hoping to get some objective reviews before I send a blaster in and drop $200 on the conversion.

I guess it could be more promising than Beretta bringing back the Elite's...

Site Supporter
    Can someone explain the difference between the 92FS and 92G to me? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Can someone explain the difference between the 92FS and 92G to me? Thanks.
    FS has a safety/decocker. It stays down (safety on) when you decock and you have to manually flick it back up to take it off safe.

G has a decocker only. When you push it down to decock, it will automatically flick back up. It is therefore impossible to accidently put the gun on safe. These guns were limited production runs for police departments. All of the 'G' variant 92s are highly sought after.

Site Supporter
    Thanks. I've done a bit of shooting with the 92FS, just wasn't sure what the "G" model was. Sound's like a good idea.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Alleghney Gun Works

Has anyone heard of these guys?

Came across them on a thread on M4.net and it sparked my interested. Given how most of the Beretta threads end up in lamentations over the fact that some of the best 92s never saw mass production, it seems like the packages offered by AGW could correct that?

I have a 92 or two that I would be more than interested in turning into Vertec "G" models

Prices ain't cheep, but they are cheeper than buying a new gun that is off roster here in Kalifornia.

I've no personal experience, but the folks at the Beretta forum seem rather enamored of them. I've been tempted to send off a couple of my Berettas, but I want more objective reviews of their work first.

Never heard of them other than from someone who wanted me to acquire a Beretta from them for a holster and then send it back.

I am not willing to write them off but I would like to believe if they were any good I might have heard just a little bit more.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List