Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Contemplating being done with the G43

In its niche, I don't think anything replaces the J frame... Even if I had a pocketable auto, it wouldn't change the equation for me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

For me, the G19 is the answer 90% of the time--I shoot the G19 as well as bigger pistols like the G17 & G34, but it is much easier to conceal AIWB than the larger handguns. In addition, the G19 conceals nearly as well AIWB for me as G26's, but the G19 shoots much better than both G26's and smaller 9mm's, as well as J-frame's. The only time the G19 does not work for me is during pocket and ankle carry--a J-frame is best for me in those situations.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    How perishable would you consider J-frame skills vs. those needed for the G43?
    I don't think I can make the a comparison as I flat out love dry firing snubby DA revolvers. Even my little .22 LCR with its heavy trigger is fun to practice with. Making the front ramp stay steady on Beat 'em up Bob's eye for click after click after click makes me happy. I might go well over a week without carrying a snubbie, but I couldn't tell you the last time I went a whole week without pulling out a snub for at least 20-30 presses.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    For me, the G19 is the answer 90% of the time--I shoot the G19 as well as bigger pistols like the G17 & G34, but it is much easier to conceal AIWB than the larger handguns. In addition, the G19 conceals nearly as well AIWB for me as G26's, but the G19 shoots much better than both G26's and smaller 9mm's, as well as J-frame's. The only time the G19 does not work for me is during pocket and ankle carry--a J-frame is best for me in those situations.
    Doc,

Is this the G19 with the grip mods to accept the G26 mags?
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Doc,

Is this the G19 with the grip mods to accept the G26 mags?
    And if it is, how about some pics, for reasons... Like it's a bad ass solution that deserves more pics.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    And if it is, how about some pics, for reasons... Like it's a bad ass solution that deserves more pics.
    This the modification to which I referred...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-rd-mag-limits

I was just wondering if the combination of the shortened front strap with the finger hook and the standard length back strap on the modded G19 was enabling the OP greater performance than was possible with a G26.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Living in a free state (though it has become less free than it was), my preferred carry gun of late is the G48 with 15rd Shield mags and for my reload, a Shield mag with 5rd extension. If there was a 10 or 12 rd double stack steel magazine available, I think a G43x/48 with the grip shortened to G43 length would be a viable replacement. I have a friend who does security work that requires him to travel, sometimes to states with 10 rd limits. His solution for the moment is a G43 with a G48 slide for more secure appendix carry, and 2rd extensions for the magazines.

If the magazines were available with a template for cutting the frame, I'm positive there would be gunsmiths doing the conversions for those unwilling to cut the frames themselves. Then it would be a viable alternative to the Sig, S&W and Ruger offerings.

A G19 modified to use G26 mags as depicted in the other thread definitely shoots better for me than a G26 if forced to use 10rd magazines; fortunately I am still able to use standard capacity ones for now....

Last edited by DocGKR; 09-12-2021 at 12:11 AM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I should have known better than to brag on Glock 43 reliability.

Bone stock 2020 43, about 1K rounds on it, 6 round mags, 147gr American Eagle. Had several nose dives with different mags. Gun was locked up, had to rearrange the round through the ejection port to get that magazine freed up.

I’m done with anything smaller than a 19. They. Just. Are. Not. Reliable.

^^^^

Bon voyage!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List