Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen5 vent

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Same here. Finger grooves on the Gen 2.5/3/4 guns fit me well.
    My only complaint is that my issued Gen 4 G23 likes to smack me in the forehead with hot brass about once in one hundred rounds.
    It doesn't like to, it just feels responsible to check to make sure that you're still awake.

Think of it as the Netflix "Are you still watching?" feature.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    My understanding is that those where made for the brits and mimic the safety location of their L85 rifles.

Those predate the brit program
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Same here. Finger grooves on the Gen 2.5/3/4 guns fit me well.
    My only complaint is that my issued Gen 4 G23 likes to smack me in the forehead with hot brass about once in one hundred rounds.
    I guess I got lucky on that “feature” too.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

The only thing that gives me Glock knuckle worse than a Glock is my Milwaukee cordless framing nailer. That thing is brutal. On the up side I've developed a big enough callus that shooting my Glocks doesn't ever faze my finger any more.

For my daily carry gun, going to a MR920 frame and using Glock parts for the rest cured my Glock knuckle woes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    My Glock knuckle has significantly diminished since they removed the finger grooves.

Also, ergonomics that "feel good" don't necessarily always translate to shooting performance.
    This plus I think the finger grooves looked fugly.

Look Good - Feel Good- Shoot Good 😊

Last edited by HCM; 08-26-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Never had Glock knuckle until I got a Gen 5 and then only after extended range session. Added the medium backstrap and no more Glock knuckle.

Chamber/freebore much smaller/shorter than previous versions, which means I have to take that into account when I reload ammo. My uncle came by the house last night to “unjam” his gen 5 19 that he’s got my reloads through. Cleared the gun, and inspected and it just wouldn’t plunk his barrel, but no issues plunking in my 365, M&P, gen 4 17, and the ammo ran fine in the FNP I let him borrow a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Chamber/freebore much smaller/shorter than previous versions, which means I have to take that into account when I reload ammo.
    I heard that when the Gen 5 came out, but I seem to recall folks have said that was addressed by Glock.

I'm pretty sure it's addressed somewhere in this Glock Gen 5 thread

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....s-and-Thoughts

I'm interested to know if this is an issue with current production.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I heard that when the Gen 5 came out, but I seem to recall folks have said that was addressed by Glock.

I'm pretty sure it's addressed somewhere in this Glock Gen 5 thread

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....s-and-Thoughts

I'm interested to know if this is an issue with current production.
    Not with any of my Gen 5 Glocks using quality commercial FMJ or JHP ammunition.

Hated the finger grooves on anything smaller than a 17 (read full sized) frame. Loving my G45 MOS. A Gen5 26 MOS would intrigue me enough to likely purchase.

Here’s what I want out of Gen 6 though

- Even better grip texture, and put it higher up the frame. Something similar to the PDP would be nice just not quite as aggressive as the M&P 2.0 line.

- Extended slide stops as factory standard. Seriously why is this not already standard? I can hit the current standard okay but the extended I can’t recall ever having messed up trying to hit.

- Add the beaver tail to the frame mold. All you folks who can shoot without it and not get your hand tracked are freaks.

- SCD from the factory. Because extra layer of safety and it’d be amusing to watch the internet implode over it.

And I want some hybrid 19 grip with a 26 slide model. Just to really shake things up.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List