Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Keep moving!' Couple brandish an AR-15 and a handgun at protesters

Site Supporter
    STD Disclaimers previously made in this thread at Post 106 and others

RJ

UUW and Assault 4 were the two charges that jumped out v their defenses re stand your ground etc. I attached links to the statutes in post 106 as mentioned above.

The road may be long and winding for these folks but i stand by my original prediction. When the dust finally settles they

1. will not be felons
    2. will not go to jail
    3. will keep their law licenses
    4. will still be millionaires and can cherry pick who they represent re personal injury and other plaintiff oriented litigation.

edited to add:

are armed tonight with a similar or better rifle if they want to be...and pistol.

It should be fairly easy to prove if they have had litigation against the manufacturer of the pistol and if that "pistol" has been an "exemplar" or exhibit.

Site Supporter
    How would the police know that they confiscated the weapon that was in the video?

If they did not know that it was the weapon in the video, how could the confiscation be justified?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    How would the police know that they confiscated the weapon that was in the video?

If they did not know that it was the weapon in the video, how could the confiscation be justified?
    I'm guessing that you just uncovered the defense strategy.

Prove it was a deadly weapon that meets the statute and not an Airsoft replica or demil museum collectable that I had in my hands at the time.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post

Warrants are based on probable cause, not complete certainty.

Convictions are based on beyond a reasonable doubt, not complete certainty. Jury trial instructions include something like "there is very little in this world we know with absolute certainty...(and then an explanation of what reasonable doubt is)"

A gun that looks like the gun in the video is probably the same gun, especially if no other gun or replica is located. Let the defense make the argument that they had an exact replica and that's what the guy actually had, but it's since been removed from the house and the real one left behind, and see if a jury buys it. Maybe they will decide that's a reasonable explanation, maybe not.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

There will be no jury (or trial), so all this is merely academic.
    It is fun watching a couple of high resource lawyers fuck with each other in real time under a spotlight though.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    STD Disclaimers previously made in this thread at Post 106 and others
    I keep reading this incorrectly.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Prove it was a deadly weapon that meets the statute and not an Airsoft replica or demil museum collectable that I had in my hands at the time.
    It can be done. As far as I know, I had the first successful federal case in the United States where a person was convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm based off a Facebook photo.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    It can be done. As far as I know, I had the first successful federal case in the United States where a person was convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm based off a Facebook photo.
    This guy won't have a public defender handling his case.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    This guy won't have a public defender handling his case.
    Neither did my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    God Bless you sir, I like to imagine that every time this happens an angel gets it’s wings.

User Tag List