Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Beretta - Langdon Wish

Site Supporter

Future Beretta - Langdon Wish

I love my Langdon tuned 92 LTT and PX4 Compact so much that I sold my HK P30s. Now with release of a 92 LTT compact I think another Beretta deserves to become a LTT model. Ever since I was injured and did not bounce back I have been thinking about an orthopedic / elderly years carry gun. I think the tip up barrel Beretta model 86 would be a great investment for old age or injury. Believe me; ordering a left hand holster after rotator cuff surgery is not good. I had a model 86 back in the 90s. I bought it for a woman I was seeing that did not have the hand strength to rack a glock 19 slide or the grip strength to handle a colt detective special for more than 50 rounds. Side note- when she shot my HK P7 she would put the whole magazine.in one ragged hole at 10 yards. The girl is long gone and the beretta when soon after. I never really liked any of my 380s to put them in the never sell pile. I still have the P7.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I love my Langdon tuned 92 LTT and PX4 Compact so much that I sold my HK P30s. Now with release of a 92 LTT compact I think another Beretta deserves to become a LTT model. Ever since I was injured and did not bounce back I have been thinking about an orthopedic / elderly years carry gun. I think the tip up barrel Beretta model 86 would be a great investment for old age or injury. Believe me; ordering a left hand holster after rotator cuff surgery is not good. I had a model 86 back in the 90s. I bought it for a woman I was seeing that did not have the hand strength to rack a glock 19 slide or the grip strength to handle a colt detective special for more than 50 rounds. Side note- when she shot my HK P7 she would put the whole magazine.in one ragged hole at 10 yards. The girl is long gone and the beretta when soon after. I never really liked any of my 380s to put them in the never sell pile. I still have the P7.
    This may be the only gun that would tempt me to buy a .380

Site Supporter
    It’s so big for a 380 it might as well be 9mm. But the 380 works for the low recoil requirement for injured / arthritic hands

Beretta has made some fine firearms in it's history and the 86 is certainly a neat part of the collection. I personally own an 87 in .22lr that i will never part with. Unfortunately, Beretta due to modern economics will never likely make the 86/87 firearms mainstream again. It is too busy focusing on the 92/APX lines. It would be nice though.

BTW, good decision on the P7. Amazing engineering and I think that every firearm enthusiast should own one. I sold off my two years ago and it was a huge mistake.

Had one several years ago, but sold it less than 6 months after the purchase.

I have arthritis, and the 86s recoil impulse was quite unpleasant. Really painful.

The only 380 which I've found comfortable to shoot, quite surprisingly , is the G42.

Still have that one

of course ymmv

cc
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 12-23-2019 at 06:37 PM.

You might want to look at the two M&P EZs. Came out couple years ago in .380 and a couple weeks ago in 9mm. As I understand it they make it easy to rack by going to an internal hammer action. Think like this. To rack a normal striker gun you are pulling against the recoil spring and the striker spring. In this design you are pulling against a recoil spring and a hammer spring. But because of the geometry of the hammer movement and the slide movement the effort to pull the hammer spring actually decreases as the slide moves rearward.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Had one several years ago, but sold it less than 6 months after the purchase.

I have arthritis, and the 86s recoil impulse was quite unpleasant. Really painful.

The only 380 which I've found comfortable to shoot, quite surprisingly , is the G42.

Still have that one

of course ymmv

cc
    This is an interesting observation, and not surprising. Straight blowback guns have less pleasant recoil than an equivalent size, weight, and caliber gun with a tilt barrel or other barrel that moves rearward with the slide. The tilt barrel is a neat feature but perhaps is not the complete solution to the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I once got to shoot the 86. It is not as easy to operate as you think, based on the little .25s.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I feel that the only thing missing from the LTT line is RDS capability. I’m still not sure RDS is where it is at yet, but it is the future...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    I feel that the only thing missing from the LTT line is RDS capability. I’m still not sure RDS is where it is at yet, but it is the future...
    It may be the wave of the future, but it's not something I am anywhere near ready to go anywhere near.

User Tag List