Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steyr M9 help

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I had an early M9 and M357. Liked the way they handled, hated the sights just because they were SO different from any other type of sights I'd ever used. At that time (WAY back circa 2000-01) there were no aftermarket sights for the pistol.

Mine were mechanically reliable, accurate and shootable. If Steyr brings out an updated version with "improved" ergonomics and normal sights, I might take a look at one as a lark...
    I seem to recall that "normal", three dot sights were an option from Steyr somewhere near that time period?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I seem to recall that "normal", three dot sights were an option from Steyr somewhere near that time period?
    I'm pretty sure they were Trijicon tritiums.

Best, Jon

I couldn't resist any longer and got myself a brand new Steyr L9 last Saturday.
    When to the range and shot about 300 rounds through it.
    OMG. This gun is a marvel. I even took it apart (with some help from Youtube). That part was very easy. It's now clean and ready for next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    I couldn't resist any longer and got myself a brand new Steyr L9 last Saturday.
    When to the range and shot about 300 rounds through it.
    OMG. This gun is a marvel. I even took it apart (with some help from Youtube). That part was very easy. It's now clean and ready for next weekend.
    Please shoot the mess out of it, and let us know how it does in the 2000 Round Challenge thread.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Would you know if their are aftermarket sights made for it?
    My L9 wears Truglo TFX PRO sights (TG13SM1PC). I put Trijicon sights on a friend's compact. He likes them. https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...c.php?pid=ST01

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    The holster would not fit a L9. It's for the original M40. Regarding sights, I believe Trijicon makes a set of tritium's for the Steyrs. Best, Jon
    http://www.truglo.com/firearms-handg...gun-sights.asp

Thoughts? I thought about getting a set of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    My experience exactly, extraction/ejection issues in both a M9 and M40. Back to Steyr they went but they came back with the same issues. Got rid of them fast and no more Steyr for me. But, when they worked, they worked well.
    I think that they fixed the problem with the extraction/ejection issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponeer View Post
    I think that they fixed the problem with the extraction/ejection issues.

They must have fixed what ever issues they had, mine ran just perfect.
    Have I told you this is one of the best handgun I have shot? It points naturally and absorbs most of the recoil. The trigger needs a bit of work, but ammo count should help that a bit, and some polishing too. Any idea what parts/areas to polish?

Site Supporter
    You might want to check out Steyr Club. There is a lot of info on the pistol over there.

They must have fixed what ever issues they had, mine ran just perfect.
    Have I told you this is one of the best handgun I have shot? It points naturally and absorbs most of the recoil. The trigger needs a bit of work, but ammo count should help that a bit, and some polishing too. Any idea what parts/areas to polish?
    Yeah, I think it was fixed in the last gen of the A1. Mine works great. I end up getting mine because my father bought one, I fired it and loved it. He said that I’d get it when he died and I figured I’d get one now.

Never had a problem with the trigger. To me, it’s better than Glock. On par with the PPQ and VP9. Love the triangle sights but missed having night sights. TruGlo TFX Pros.

Not sure about polishing any parts. My feed ramp is polished. Outside of the sights and putting an Apex trigger on a P320, I tend to not mess with my pistols too much. If you find something to improve on it, let me know. I will say that it’s great to find Steyr pistol fans though.

User Tag List