Page 187 of 234 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2335

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Site Supporter
    So I need to buy a can of Turtle Wax for my P365? I read somewhere the old-timer revolver guys used it on their revolvers to keep the rust away. I make everything rust. I found rust on my firing pin spring on my G19, and my holster has a sweat shield.

I'm not sure what the other 99 uses are for Turtle Wax, time to search...
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    So I need to buy a can of Turtle Wax for my P365? I read somewhere the old-timer revolver guys used it on their revolvers to keep the rust away. I make everything rust. I found rust on my firing pin spring on my G19, and my holster has a sweat shield.

I've also read of people using Barricade or Renaissance Wax.

I have a P365 coming into my FFL this week, so I may be trying one of these anti-rust measures.

I think Turtle Wax probably does the same thing Renaissance Wax in so far as rust prevention, i.e. form a very thin protective film. Renaissance Wax is specially formulated for conservation purposes. I'm familiar with Renaissance Wax as it relates to high carbon steel knives, where it does provide protection from rust.

re: rust

I notice that Sig has a factory titanium nitride FCU option, though not all parts are coated. Has anyone tried that?

Has anyone tried an aftermarket hard chrome / np3 / etc finish? I'm not 'up' on the 365 FCU but the 320 seemed to have a reputation for fiddly bits that a plater not specializing in Sigs could get wrong during reassembly. Would that still be a concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Renaissance Wax has been great for P365 magazines IME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Agreed wax is a good inexpensive solution for mag bodies. Has anyone found a coating that sticks to the safety lever? I had mine all coated the same as my mags. The mag bodies have been holding up really well but I wore through the coating on the safety lever, and am seeing rust develop by the end of the day. I hate having to oil it to clean it up every time I spend any time outside or working on projects. I wish I could get Certum's from Tenicor with a full sweat shield. I feel like the finish would hold up like it has on other stuff if it wasn't rubbing directly against my body all day. I love the 365 series but the coatings Sig is using suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post

I tried some Griot’s wax, and then the eezox sorcery- both rusted.

The Renaissance wax is expensive, maybe it works better.

I was doing clp once a month on my carry or used training mags. Now I'm doing once every three months. No more issues. Takes five minutes to wipe down my three 365xls and 15+ mags

I have not read the entire thread, but at any point was Black Ice coating discussed?

I know guys who swear by this coating for their older, pre-nitride in-line muzzleloaders for corrosion prevention.

Double post

I live in SE Texas where humidity is very high most of the year. I have been carrying a P365XL now for about 9 months coming from many years carrying a Shield. I just keep my mags wiped down and have not had issues. I use anything from a gun oil to Amsoil MP (kind if like WD40).

One of the best products I've found for rust prone pistols and magazines is Corrosion-X. It's an excellent lubricant as well. I've been using it since the late 90's with excellent results.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    One of the best products I've found for rust prone pistols and magazines is Corrosion-X. It's an excellent lubricant as well. I've been using it since the late 90's with excellent results.
    Here's a study a blogger did where Corrosion X was featured and looked to be a good performer https://dayattherange.com/?page_id=3667

User Tag List