Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1007

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

That is where I am at. I got a good one. Needs a sight adjustment that is not a huge deal. This is sort of like winning in Vegas. I will simply take my good one and walk away from the table. I do not know what is going on behind the scenes, but I would think somebody at Wilson should be having some serious conversations with the folks at Beretta who should be having some internal reviews of QC standards.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Took mine out today specifically to shoot against the LTT Elite. I shot a couple of the normal drills and put it away. The sights need to get bumped right a bit. Overall, the CenTac is a great gun for someone who wants to carry a Service Size Beretta 92. I love the sights, my trigger is good, gun functions well with decent Ammo (WWB 115 doesn’t always go bang) and mine is fairly good on the machining and finish side. With that said...I shoot the LTT Elite better and am enjoying it more. I will not be actively getting rid of the CenTac, but am not getting a second one as planned. I will likely be getting a second LTT Elite. I will say that the CenTac does have a certain recoil characteristic to it that I really do like better than any of my other 92’s.
    I have a BrigTac and a CenTac that both seem to have a mild, rolling recoil compared to any other pistol. I’ve always attributed it to the heavier slide, but others seem to have a “dipping issue” mentioned in other threads.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I have a BrigTac and a CenTac that both seem to have a mild, rolling recoil compared to any other pistol. I’ve always attributed it to the heavier slide, but others seem to have a “dipping issue” mentioned in other threads.
    There is just something about the Centurion size guns. Not sure why, but the combo of the tailed frame and the Centurion slide and mine has a flat wire spring installed. It works well in the recoil impulse and sight tracking department.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by flgunnie View Post
    Put me in the unhappy customer column with the Centac. I bought it sight unseen directly from Wilson. Loved the concept of the gun. However, the quality that Beretta is putting out on these guns is what you would expect out a 3rd world country 40 years ago. If look at the pictures is like they made this guy with a chisel. The machining is rough and of poor quality. The bore on my gun is totally dark and rough, so rough that it sheds cooper on the crown as in melted cooper that bonds to it and has to be scraped of with a pick. I sent it to Wilson, who were very nice in looking at it. But sent it back and said it is a "milspec gun" sorry. The said they polished the bore, it looks just as dark to me. I even asked Wilson to take it back and replace it, they said no. I asked to have them take it back, give me credit and I will buy a 3x more expensive 1911, they said nope.

I can't recommend anyone spend $1350 on this gun. I don't understand why Wilson allows it or thinks this is acceptable. A half cost CZ gun, the quality and machining on it, it is light years ahead of what Beretta is putting out. This purchase is my biggest regrets so far. I will never get sucked in by the hype and buy another gun as a web order sight unseen.

Attachment 29702
    Attachment 29703
    Attachment 29704
    Attachment 29705
    Attachment 29707
    If it’s worth anything, I have purchased factory new Berettas in 2013 (92FS), 2015 (92FS Compact), 2016 (PX4 Compact), 2017 (Cheetah Inox) and 2017 (92A1) and none have had remotely that rough of finishing. You may have just received a lemon.

If it functions I wouldn’t fret but for the prices you pay on a Centac I would make a small, reasonable fuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Well I've been kind of wanting to pick up something new and was mildly considering the cen tac but based on these reports may pass... Perhaps a legion 226 instead

Vending Machine Operator
    Somehow I missed that you had already sent it, I’m sorry. That’s a letdown.

State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I'm considering a CenTac at the end of the year, or possibly an LTT 92. Fortunately, I have a shop here locally that stocks the Wilson Berettas, so I can examine them in hand before purchase.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Welcome news!

In the meantime ,here's a picture of my pair for morale purposes.
    You don’t NEED these. You did not build them. You must SHARE them... [emoji48]

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I'm considering a CenTac at the end of the year, or possibly an LTT 92. Fortunately, I have a shop here locally that stocks the Wilson Berettas, so I can examine them in hand before purchase.
    The one I bought from WGC was perfect 224. If I had known you were thinking of one I would have let you try it before I traded it off.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    The one I bought from WGC was perfect 224. If I had known you were thinking of one I would have let you try it before I traded it off.
    WGC is the place. Nice selection in there.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List