Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

Put me in the unhappy customer column with the Centac. I bought it sight unseen directly from Wilson. Loved the concept of the gun. However, the quality that Beretta is putting out on these guns is what you would expect out a 3rd world country 40 years ago. If look at the pictures is like they made this guy with a chisel. The machining is rough and of poor quality. The bore on my gun is totally dark and rough, so rough that it sheds cooper on the crown as in melted cooper that bonds to it and has to be scraped of with a pick. I sent it to Wilson, who were very nice in looking at it. But sent it back and said it is a "milspec gun" sorry. The said they polished the bore, it looks just as dark to me. I even asked Wilson to take it back and replace it, they said no. I asked to have them take it back, give me credit and I will buy a 3x more expensive 1911, they said nope.

I can't recommend anyone spend $1350 on this gun. I don't understand why Wilson allows it or thinks this is acceptable. A half cost CZ gun, the quality and machining on it, it is light years ahead of what Beretta is putting out. This purchase is my biggest regrets so far. I will never get sucked in by the hype and buy another gun as a web order sight unseen.

Name:  20180831_154847938_iOS.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  27.4 KB
    Name:  20180831_154752980_iOS.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  45.2 KB
    Name:  20180831_154706617_iOS.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  52.3 KB
    Name:  20180831_154646220_iOS.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  57.3 KB
    Name:  20180831_154630692_iOS.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  48.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by flgunnie View Post
    Put me in the unhappy customer column with the Centac. I bought it sight unseen directly from Wilson. Loved the concept of the gun. However, the quality that Beretta is putting out on these guns is what you would expect out a 3rd world country 40 years ago. If look at the pictures is like they made this guy with a chisel. The machining is rough and of poor quality. The bore on my gun is totally dark and rough, so rough that it sheds cooper on the crown as in melted cooper that bonds to it and has to be scraped of with a pick. I sent it to Wilson, who were very nice in looking at it. But sent it back and said it is a "milspec gun" sorry. The said they polished the bore, it looks just as dark to me. I even asked Wilson to take it back and replace it, they said no. I asked to have them take it back, give me credit and I will buy a 3x more expensive 1911, they said nope.

I can't recommend anyone spend $1350 on this gun. I don't understand why Wilson allows it or thinks this is acceptable. A half cost CZ gun, the quality and machining on it, it is light years ahead of what Beretta is putting out. This purchase is my biggest regrets so far. I will never get sucked in by the hype and buy another gun as a web order sight unseen.

Name:  20180831_154847938_iOS.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  27.4 KB
    Name:  20180831_154752980_iOS.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  45.2 KB
    Name:  20180831_154706617_iOS.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  52.3 KB
    Name:  20180831_154646220_iOS.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  57.3 KB
    Name:  20180831_154630692_iOS.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  48.7 KB
    That’s really too bad.

I have several Beretta 92s, I guess they’re all “milspec,” but none have any of the issues that you’re having.
    One would like to think that buying from Wilson would ensure a higher level of quality control before they put their name on it (literally).
    I’d suspect that it was an issue with the new Beretta plant in Tennessee, but my newest gun is an LTT Elite made there, and it looks fine.

Wonder what’s going on?

Obviously Beretta made bad product and shipped it out the door as can be seen on the two examples of pictures here from different members. But my disappointment is with Wilson. I bought it directly form them, they shipped it out. Obviously they don't have any QA either and are fine sending this low quality product out the door. For a gun that cost 2x a regular Beretta this is unacceptable.
    I am happy to hear that Langdon must be doing QA and not shipping out subpar product. I had ordered the LTT and cancelled it to get the Wilson, that turned out to be the wrong move. I bought the gun on July so it was not an early production model.

so you don't like the machining marks that are on the inside of the gun?

does is function properly?

is it accurate?

mine works just fine.

Wow - I'm bummed to see this. All of the Beretta guns that I've got have been Accokeek models as opposed to Gallatin models and they have solid finishes/etc. Def light years better than the rough machine on the older CZ guns.

I've never seen a WC beretta machined so poorly - I'd reach out to Beretta and WC CS. Be polite but firm...

I’d send a pm to @WilsonCombatRep
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Took mine out today specifically to shoot against the LTT Elite. I shot a couple of the normal drills and put it away. The sights need to get bumped right a bit. Overall, the CenTac is a great gun for someone who wants to carry a Service Size Beretta 92. I love the sights, my trigger is good, gun functions well with decent Ammo (WWB 115 doesn’t always go bang) and mine is fairly good on the machining and finish side. With that said...I shoot the LTT Elite better and am enjoying it more. I will not be actively getting rid of the CenTac, but am not getting a second one as planned. I will likely be getting a second LTT Elite. I will say that the CenTac does have a certain recoil characteristic to it that I really do like better than any of my other 92’s.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The inside of the @flgunnie CenTac is pretty bad. What's worse, to me as a 2x Wilson and 1x Beretta Wilson buyer, is Wilson turning people away full-stop. I get it, Wilson didn't manufacture the pistols, but they did choose to stick their premium name on them, sell them at a premium price, and also do this direct. There should really be more interest from Wilson to see that these guns reflect the premium brand that Bill spent a long time building.

IMO, Beretta shouldn't accept that level of quality either. If I saw that as an uneducated consumer, nothing about it would inspire me to buy a Beretta, let alone spend twice the price to buy a Wilson variant. It's pretty disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Wow - I'm bummed to see this. All of the Beretta guns that I've got have been Accokeek models as opposed to Gallatin models and they have solid finishes/etc. Def light years better than the rough machine on the older CZ guns.

I've never seen a WC beretta machined so poorly - I'd reach out to Beretta and WC CS. Be polite but firm...
    The gun went already to Wilson CS, they had it for 3 weeks, sent it back. They fixed two other functional issues as in the takedown lever being so rough it would get stuck halfway and I had to hit with a screwdriver to move it down, and I couldn’t swap the mag release because the grip was too thick on the right side it wouldn’t let the mag drop.

Wilson Combat only has one Beretta gunsmith they told me. I asked the service manager to replace the gun. They declined. They were very nice about it, but in the end didn’t do the right thing. I can’t see Beretta doing anything either. Everybody takes the tack that if the gun is functional, that is all there is to it. I trusted the Wilson name for a high quality product. They don’t have my trust anymore.

I own both a Brig Tac and a Cen Tac, both with the action tune, and an LTT with the trigger job. All are exceptional pistols luckily for me.

There has been several complaints on another forum about QC issues with some Cen Tac pistols in particular. Until recently it seems WC had really stepped up to the plate in taking care of many of these issues even though the web site states these are Beretta manufactured pistols and therefore warranty issues are to be handled by Beretta. I have defended WC in a few of the forum threads as my experience with WC CS has been outstanding while at the aame time it seems some people would only be happy if Bill Wilson personally kisses their ass, it seems there are certainly some valid complaints by owners of some Cen Tac pistols. Not quite sure what is going on with WC now as it seems they are stepping back from working to go the extra mile to resolve some of these issues. Hopefully things get straightened out for this forum member, and Beretta gets their problems straightened out PDQ!!

In response to the post above I really like my Cen Tac. I feel it balances better than the full size pistols while still shooting very comfortably. Interestingly enough I have also experienced a few light primer strikes with wwb. Also, I find that while the triggers on my WC pistols are noticeably lighter and the trigger breaks further from the frame in DA than in the Langdon pistol, which I prefer, the Langdon trigger is silk smooth in DA.

The Cen Tac can be an outstanding pistol when done up properly. It seems that a potential buyer needs to pay particular attention before signing on the dotted line unfortunately.

User Tag List