Page 161 of 346 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I probably missed it, but A) what sights did you get on yours? And, B) did you notice that the Gen5 26 has an unusually stiff recoil spring? The 26 is probably the G that I am most familiar with, and I got to fondle a Gen 5 today at my LGS. Racking the slide was way stiffer than any other G26 I have shot. Not a deal killer, but doing a redundant safety check when the sales guy handed it to me was a surprise right off the bat. Just curious. Also, do you feel like the texture on the 26's abbreviated grip gives you enough control? I appreciate any thoughts in advance. I was all hot to trot to grab another 26 with the announcement of the gen 5, but now I'm not as sure that I need one after checking it out.
    I think the gen 4 G26 is going to be hard to beat! I traded off my earlier versions over the years, but the 4th Gen 26 is here to stay.

Unlike the 19 in particular, it doesn’t seem folks have fit issues with the grooves on the 26.
    Last edited by LSP552; 01-26-2018 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Auto correct on the 19 Thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I probably missed it, but A) what sights did you get on yours? And, B) did you notice that the Gen5 26 has an unusually stiff recoil spring? The 26 is probably the G that I am most familiar with, and I got to fondle a Gen 5 today at my LGS. Racking the slide was way stiffer than any other G26 I have shot. Not a deal killer, but doing a redundant safety check when the sales guy handed it to me was a surprise right off the bat. Just curious. Also, do you feel like the texture on the 26's abbreviated grip gives you enough control? I appreciate any thoughts in advance. I was all hot to trot to grab another 26 with the announcement of the gen 5, but now I'm not as sure that I need one after checking it out.
    Mine has the plastic ball 'n buckets.

Yes! I did notice that the recoil spring was stiffer than what I expected. It runs though. I even ran a few mags suppressed with a G19 KKM barrel. Not a hitch.

I did notice when I got home that the trigger pin had walked a bit. It was sticking out the right side of the frame about 1/8". I don't know how because it was super tight to push back in.

The Gen5s, at least my three 19s and this 26, don 't hold the trigger pin captive with the slide stop like they used to. To disassemble just push it out.

Good stuff @M2CattleCo, @LSP552

I have to say, I like the new finish on the Gen 5s, the trigger, and I love the deleted finger grooves on my 19. But... and I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm not so sure about deleting the frontstrap groove on the little 26. Meh on the ambi slide lock as well. My old 26 is the G I shoot most accurately, and it has always run and ejected wonderfully.

I'll probably still get a Gen 5 because it's there, but it's not keeping me awake at night like a kid on Christmas eve any more.

I don't have much experience with the 26s. I briefly had one ten years or so ago, but the lack of finger grooves didn't seem to bother anything. The texture on it pretty good, not aggressive, but plenty adequate. Gun feels very locked into my hand. I just didn't shoot it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Gun feels very locked into my hand. I just didn't shoot it very well.
    Good feedback, thanks. And, to be fair, a new set of sights is always good over OEM plastic, but that goes double for a 26. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Question: these don’t come with a mag with a pinky extension, do they? Just three 10 Round Flat floorplate one’s, right?

I saw on Brownells I think a Glock +2 extension; carrying 12+1 in a extended mag with a Gen 5 trigger seems like a good thing.

ETA: Found it:

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...prod71424.aspx
    Hi Rich, I got to comment on this for a moment... and I'm not in any was targeting you.

Most people choose the sub-compact G26 and G27 for their enhanced concealability (real or perceived)... as an example, detectives and P/C officers in my department. But invariably, they add +2 extensions and the sort onto their pistols, now making them G19 length in the grip area. And invariably, they carry the pistol that was 24/7. For goodness sakes, most don't carry a spare magazine, let alone know where it (they) are. Unless you (or they) are looking for a "G26X" why not just go with the G19...?
    I just saw a plainclothes guy on my department yesterday carrying his G27 in the issued concealment holster and couldn't help but notice how weird it looked with the magazine grip extension/sleeve he had on it. I swear, it was the length of a G17! He said he prefers the "smaller" GLOCK since it conceals better.
    Rambling over....

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Hi Rich, I got to comment on this for a moment... and I'm not in any was targeting you.

Most people choose the sub-compact G26 and G27 for their enhanced concealability (real or perceived)... as an example, detectives and P/C officers in my department. But invariably, they add +2 extensions and the sort onto their pistols, now making them G19 length in the grip area. And invariably, they carry the pistol that was 24/7. For goodness sakes, most don't carry a spare magazine, let alone know where it (they) are. Unless you (or they) are looking for a "G26X" why not just go with the G19...?
    I just saw a plainclothes guy on my department yesterday carrying his G27 in the issued concealment holster and couldn't help but notice how weird it looked with the magazine grip extension/sleeve he had on it. I swear, it was the length of a G17! He said he prefers the "smaller" GLOCK since it conceals better.
    Rambling over....
    I do not agree. A g26 with a +2 mag is still considerably shorter in the back of the grip. Which prints the most. Also you still have a pistol that can be carried in stock form that is even less of a footprint. I love the g19, but the g26 will print a hell of a lot less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    You can carry the G26 with the 10 round mag or the +2 depending on situation versus the G19 is a 15 round length all the time (unless you use a G17 mag for even longer). I shoot the G26 better with the +2.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post

Rambling over....
    I can't help but chime in to concur. EVERY SINGLE AGENT in my office that carries a G27 carries with an extended +2 magazine. Most carry in an OWB holster as well, so there's simply no reason for them not to carry a G23. Makes not a lick of sense to me, but I've officially given up trying to "educate" most of my co-workers - too damned painful...

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I do not agree. A g26 with a +2 mag is still considerably shorter in the back of the grip. Which prints the most. Also you still have a pistol that can be carried in stock form that is even less of a footprint. I love the g19, but the g26 will print a hell of a lot less.
    While these days I mostly carry my G19, I agree that the G26 with (in my case) the 12 round Magpul magazine prints less than my G19.

But since I can draw the G19 from AIWB better than the G26, (even with the extended mag), I am generally saving the 26 for times when clothing dictates the smaller gun...or...travel to other locales where magazine capacity is restricted.

That said, I love both guns and would not want to have to choose one over the other as each fills many niches.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List