Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Practical testing shows that the Walmart Ozark Trail Yeti cooler clone is better

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Given whom I know at the NRA (many folks on here know of whom I speak of), I sincerely doubt the NRA went off half cocked. I'm betting that Yeti really dropped the ball here.

Possibly, and if that is the case than I'd like to know as I have a bunch of their stuff.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Practical testing shows that the Walmart Ozark Trail Yeti cooler clone is better

This is Yeti’s response to my email stating displeasure with their NRA action.

YETI
    Shop
    Custom Shop
    This is YETI

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

Logo
    Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Spotify
    Logo
    Let us help you find what you're looking for.
    FAQHELP
    SHIPPING + RETURNSREGISTER YOUR YETI
    ACCOUNTOUR STORYCAREERS
    [emoji767] 2018 YETI ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    Web Version
    Email sent by YETI Coolers
    PO Box 163686
    Austin, TX 78716
    512-394-9384 | customerservice@yeti.com
    Terms | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy

Site Supporter
    Emphasis is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    This is where everything originated https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...nra-foundation

DATE: April 20, 2018
    TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
    USF Executive Director
    NRA Past President

For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
    outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.

https://www.yeti.com/contact-us.html

YETI
    CORPORATE OFFICE

7601 Southwest Parkway
    Austin, TX 78735
    1-512-394-9384
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    This is Yeti’s response to my email stating displeasure with their NRA action.

YETI
    Shop
    Custom Shop
    This is YETI

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

Logo
    Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Spotify
    Logo
    Let us help you find what you're looking for.
    FAQHELP
    SHIPPING + RETURNSREGISTER YOUR YETI
    ACCOUNTOUR STORYCAREERS
    [emoji767] 2018 YETI ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    Web Version
    Email sent by YETI Coolers
    PO Box 163686
    Austin, TX 78716
    512-394-9384 | customerservice@yeti.com
    Terms | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy
    What motivation does the NRA have to pick on Yeti, a corporate sponsor?
    How do you get from "refused to say why", to "YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program".

Who do I believe? Marion Hammer FTW.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 04-24-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Emphasis is mine.

What motivation does the NRA have to pick on Yeti, a corporate sponsor?
    How do you get from "refused to say why", to "YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program".

Who do I believe? Marion Hammer FTW.
    Yep! Big difference and I figure Yeti is just trying to do damage control. I own one Yeti cooler for the boat, and was in the market for another. It won’t be a Yeti.

I'd be willing to bet someone (ETA: or an entire department) at Yeti is in hot water over the hate train that followed that NRA email.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; 04-24-2018 at 02:20 PM.

I'd love to know what those PR brainiacs at YETI thought they stood to gain by severing those ties. I don't see too many vintage bicycles with yeti stickers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I'd love to know what those PR brainiacs at YETI thought they stood to gain by severing those ties. I don't see too many vintage bicycles with yeti stickers.
    Living in the Austin bubble... they probably thought the gains would outweigh the losses.
    Apparently nobody was smart enough in Marketing to stop them and count (survey) the number of Hipster customers vs those from NRA country before showing their Social Justice Ass.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Whoops.
    Last edited by Peally; 04-24-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    I don't FB. I found that here, but verified the Pelican FB page has the same offer.
    http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/04/23...ions-tumblers/

https://www.facebook.com/pelicancool...weMB7J_39BK9lw

Name:  pelican-nra-660x660.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  62.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I don't see too many vintage bicycles with yeti stickers.
    Unless they are Yetis!

When I see Yeti, I think of mountain bikes... I didn't realize there was a cooler company named Yeti, too, until a few years ago.

https://www.yeticycles.com/tribe/company

User Tag List