Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W 642 Power Port

S&W 642 Power Port

Grabbed this from Jackson Armory, along with an older 640 (because it had the Spegel grips on it...and I like the 640 for a training J frame). It's a just over 15 oz gun, stainless cylinder and barrel that are blackened. My understanding is the port really works and is not a blast furnace (.38 special gun). The key is a dovetailed dot front sight, and the longer barrel gives full length ejection. It is light, feels really good, looks bad ass, and other than having a Hilary hole where the soul leaks out (which will get filled), is about a near perfect carry J frame. It is getting shot ASAP and should go right into the daily carry rotation.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

You just keep running up the score don't you? That's okay I guess, it's going to a good home. I'd be super jealous but you do have to fill the Hillary hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feelin' Donnie Baker anger/envy right now. Noticed last night the ol' Zebra 442 is getting my crusty looking after living in a pocket holster in my pocket for nearly a decade in the hot funky crotch of Middle Tennessee (AKA the Nashville Basin).

Wish we had a Jackson Armory around here.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Can you stop buying all of the older 640s? That would be awesome....
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I've been looking for one of those. Didn't S&W make some with the same length barrel but non ported with a pinned front sight?

JR1572

Site Supporter
    I have one of these - minus the Spegel grips. Nice little gun.

Site Supporter
    I need to add one to my list. Looks like a great gun for my wife

I really need to wander down there with a fist full of credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Can you stop buying all of the older 640s? That would be awesome....
    I have no idea what it is lately with J frames. The 640 I got today I just did because it had the Spegels on it and I got a good trade in for the 642 Power Port and 640 for a Colt .380 Govt. I swapped grips and figured the 640 will make a good gun for my daughter some day as a EDC to compliment her Model 65.

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    I've been looking for one of those. Didn't S&W make some with the same length barrel but non ported with a pinned front sight?

JR1572
    Not sure. From all the research I did, the port both works, and is not a burner. Guy on YouTube shot one with his bare arm over the port. I think it will make it pretty shootable for an Airweight.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I really need to wander down there with a fist full of credit cards.
    They just got a bunch of very cool revolvers in. It was hard to leave with just 2. They also had one of the Hertiage Lemon Squeezers that was pretty neat and a pre model number .22 J frame.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    They just got a bunch of very cool revolvers in. It was hard to leave with just 2. They also had one of the Hertiage Lemon Squeezers that was pretty neat and a pre model number .22 J frame.
    Well, nothing like a holiday weekend spent at a gun store. I'll be waiting for them to open up Saturday morning.

User Tag List