Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Glock connector stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    Sorry to bring up a 3 month old thread. Is the 9mm gen 4 frames smaller or different internally enough that a factory minus connecter rubs on something? Is it possible that the gen 4 45 auto guns have a larger frame and therefore more space for parts to move freely? Is the dot connector rather than the minus connector the better choice for a gen 4 glock?
    1. It is just at a slightly different angle.
    2. The .45 and 10mm have larger receivers which does not effect the connector.
    3. Try both and use the one YOU like best.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    1. It is just at a slightly different angle.
    2. The .45 and 10mm have larger receivers which does not effect the connector.
    3. Try both and use the one YOU like best.
    I had a Glock 19 gen4 and i tried both and liked the dot connecter better. I like the minus connecter in my Glock 34 gen3 which is my current police duty gun. Regarding my Glock 41 45 auto, the dot connecter and minus connecter feel similar. I wish i had a trigger gauge to measure them. I may reserve the minus factory connecters for gen3 and gen4 45 auto / 10 mm Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    I had a Glock 19 gen4 and i tried both and liked the dot connecter better. I like the minus connecter in my Glock 34 gen3 which is my current police duty gun. Regarding my Glock 41 45 auto, the dot connecter and minus connecter feel similar. I wish i had a trigger gauge to measure them. I may reserve the minus factory connecters for gen3 and gen4 45 auto / 10 mm Glocks.
    The .45 ACP and 10mm large frame Glocks have a slightly heavier trigger pull than the small frame Glocks. Denham Springs, LA. PD and Walker, LA. PD run G34 Glocks also.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The .45 ACP and 10mm large frame Glocks have a slightly heavier trigger pull than the small frame Glocks. Denham Springs, LA. PD and Walker, LA. PD run G34 Glocks also.
    Do you mind if I ask why they like 34's over 17's?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Do you mind if I ask why they like 34's over 17's?
    Many of the local SWAT use a G34/G35 and many shoot a G34/G35 better at distance.

Site Supporter
    If you're going to run a light, the 34 is often better at keeping the lens cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    If you're going to run a light, the 34 is often better at keeping the lens cleaner.
    This and a G19 with a light is just as long as a G34 with a light. So long as the grip is not an issue the G34 is likely better.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Thanks. Those answers make sense to me. I take it no one has had problems with debris and the like entering the slide and causing a jam?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Thanks. Those answers make sense to me. I take it no one has had problems with debris and the like entering the slide and causing a jam?
    Some info in this thread.

https://pistol-forum.com/archive/index.php/t-12375.html

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    Just apply a bit of vaseline to the bezel/lens. When it begins to dim from residue accumulation, just wipe it clean lickety-split and drive on...

User Tag List