Page 658 of 680 FirstFirst ... 158558608648656657658659660668 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Sounds like there are a number of cons to this stock, what are the pro's? Based on past experience with similar stocks on other rifles and shotguns, they aren't much fun with heavy loads.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I will occasionally have that happen in dry practice ever since I started running the 1301. I've always chalked it up to the shortness of the dummy shells as I've never had it happen on a live shell. Some of it may also boil down to technique. When I do my reload I end up with my hand towards the back of the ejection port with my index finger right up by the bolt release. That tends to keep the shell fully on the lifter so it's not positioned where the top of the shell can hang on the top of the mag tube.
    Interesting. I need to get to the range and give it a go with live ammunition. If it doesn’t happen with live rounds I’ll chalk it up to the shorter dummy shells. I’ll pay more attention to how my hand is oriented during an emergency reload as well. If I can’t make it work, I’ll just drill a hole in the OEM follower.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Found this on YouTube!!!

https://youtu.be/3nxPe8iMW38?si=-TIp8TKbyxe35oJH

Gives a lot of insight into the new parts from Aridus and the new features of the g2 1301.

It looks like the mag tube is the same as previous 7 round 1301s but the polymer tube cover is 2 pieces. Hard to tell, but it looks like the heat shield mounts directly to the barrel.

Great, just great Adam

Now I'm going to have to buy a new SGA stock adapter because he updated it to finally fill the half moon cutout of the SGA stock, and he also updated the ZKuhov adapter forend to allow the full M-Lok slot use (I'm assuming with that, I can now use a simple Magpul M-Lok QD cup with screws ground flush on the forend, which is what I've wanted to do all this time as I don't use it on the barrel clamp

I know mine is a lowly gen 1 but adding the Pro Lifter recently and already having the Gen1 latch and shroud and Nordic 1301 Extension kit I may as well keep updating to the newest version, not like 1301T prices are coming back down to the $650 range when I snagged the Arms Unlimited deal around 2018? Before the Gen2 came out

Just take alllll my money, I guess I could sell the SGA stock adapter and first gen Zkuhov handguard affordably (and waiting for him to confirm the new handguards work on all 1301T's which I assume they do)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Great, just great Adam

Now I'm going to have to buy a new SGA stock adapter because he updated it to finally fill the half moon cutout of the SGA stock, and he also updated the ZKuhov adapter forend to allow the full M-Lok slot use (I'm assuming with that, I can now use a simple Magpul M-Lok QD cup with screws ground flush on the forend, which is what I've wanted to do all this time as I don't use it on the barrel clamp

I know mine is a lowly gen 1 but adding the Pro Lifter recently and already having the Gen1 latch and shroud and Nordic 1301 Extension kit I may as well keep updating to the newest version, not like 1301T prices are coming back down to the $650 range when I snagged the Arms Unlimited deal around 2018? Before the Gen2 came out

Just take alllll my money, I guess I could sell the SGA stock adapter and first gen Zkuhov handguard affordably (and waiting for him to confirm the new handguards work on all 1301T's which I assume they do)
    Have some patience before you do anything... I asked him on FB about the possibility of releasing just an update kit for the Zhukov forend and he implied that it should be an option.

^^Absolutely will! I'm confident he'll have the updated hardware available for those of us who want to retrofit our existing Zhukov setup - I don't mind buying a new SGA adapter from him since its been improved over the years with an internal buffer and now closing off the half moon on the stock (which is cosmetic I know but the new version will look more finished)

Thankfully, those of us with the Briley handguard already kinda-sorta have a heatshield insofar as the rail segment extends high enough to give you purchase away from the barrel.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    Tim nailed it with the industrial/economic situation in Europe for the price increase. Energy prices in Europe have gone through the roof, and that issue compounds at every level of supply chain for raw material, vendor operations, shipping, etc. Inflation of the Euro vs USD has actually blunted that edge a bit, but there's no avoiding it's impact.

The new features added were to continue to improve the platform in a way that tracks with that price increase so the value of the product for the consumer stays in line with the cost. The last thing we or any company wants to do is just pass along an inflationary markup to our customers if we can help it.

The new 1301 forend kits are being targeted to be available on the market before the end of Q1. The trigger groups will be at least a year if not more since thats a bottleneck item.

The Mod. 2 stock is the same as the original 5 shot tube 1301 (which are gen 1 kickoff compatible). When the first 7rd tube 922r approved 1301 came out a couple years back we had to use one of our US made, and non-kickoff compatible, stocks to meet the domestic parts count. That new forend is US made, so we were able to revert to the original stock. Practically speaking, that original stock is actually better due to the LOP, texture, and grip angle; not the kickoff compatibility (but that's harder to explain to the mass market).

Long time listener, first time caller.

@Ben_G - thanks for this insight. Appreciate your input on this thread + YT.

Could you expand a little bit on what makes the V1/Mod2 stock "better" than the V2 from a LOP/texture/angle POV?

Thanks

Okay, so THIS is goddamned insane: https://www.ebay.com/itm/116044583246

As is this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/196195628194

And they’re both SOLD!?!? I picked up mine directly from Beretta for about $60 a few years ago!!! They have them listed on their site for $69 but currently out of stock.

User Tag List