PDA

View Full Version : Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

JSGlock34
06-21-2016, 05:11 PM
Ernest Langdon's Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/BG5UfuJNvud/?taken-by=ernest.langdon) feed is full of interesting nuggets...recently he posted pictures of these VZ ultra-thin grips bearing the Langdon Tactical Technology logo...

Having taken a few classes from Ernest with my Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical, I was interested in purchasing a pair for myself. But I saw Ernie dropped this in the comments -

ernest.langdon - Soon I hope you will be able to get them direct from me. They will also come on a special gun from Beretta late this year.

First the Wilson guns, then Ernest's PX4 Compact Carry, now this...Beretta is definitely moving in the right direction.

So what's on the way? The 'Langdon Special' has long been the M9A1 frame with Vertec slide (the original is pictured below)...let the speculation begin! Hopefully Ernest will drop in and give us some hints...

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x131/JSGlock34/ARM_2761_zpsiyw964q9.jpg

Welder
06-21-2016, 05:49 PM
If this is the case, I'll drop the standing order I've had for nearly a year for an M9A3 G and go for this instead...those grips are for the standard frame which has always fit me better anyway.

PNWTO
06-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Gotta be his M9A1/Vertec combo, maybe with a fiber optic front for a sort of boxed "gamer" package?

Colt191145lover
06-21-2016, 06:16 PM
Gotta be his M9A1/Vertec combo, maybe with a fiber optic front for a sort of boxed "gamer" package?

I sure hope so, thats one of my favorite combos ! Its a pain having to buy multiple guns to piece them together .

breakingtime91
06-21-2016, 06:22 PM
I need a second Beretta...

Sal Picante
06-21-2016, 06:25 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/731798/PF/boner.png

Steven T
06-21-2016, 06:34 PM
If it's a M9A1 frame with a Vertec slide, I could definitely use another Beretta. And I'm kinda liking the grips as well!

Edwin
06-21-2016, 06:41 PM
The Langdon Special is a great second step towards a perfect gaming 92. Hopefully peeps at BUSA are looking at Les' thread and are taking hints at what kind of a specific build it's going to take to compete with Tanfo/CZ.

https://i.imgur.com/HuLuD.gif

SeriousStudent
06-21-2016, 06:58 PM
I would happily buy such a Beretta. They have long been a challenge to shoot with my wee little paws.

Nephrology
06-21-2016, 06:59 PM
I might actually buy one...

Kyle Reese
06-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Do want.

Dave J
06-21-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm glad to see Beretta is paying attention to E.L.'s input.

Time to start setting funds aside.... :)

GJM
06-21-2016, 07:44 PM
Ernest Langdon's Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/BG5UfuJNvud/?taken-by=ernest.langdon) feed is full of interesting nuggets...recently he posted pictures of these VZ ultra-thin grips bearing the Langdon Tactical Technology logo...

Having taken a few classes from Ernest with my Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical, I was interested in purchasing a pair for myself. But I saw Ernie dropped this in the comments -

ernest.langdon - Soon I hope you will be able to get them direct from me. They will also come on a special gun from Beretta late this year.

First the Wilson guns, then Ernest's PX4 Compact Carry, now this...Beretta is definitely moving in the right direction.

So what's on the way? The 'Langdon Special' has long been the M9A1 frame with Vertec slide (the original is pictured below)...let the speculation begin! Hopefully Ernest will drop in and give us some hints...

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x131/JSGlock34/ARM_2761_zpsiyw964q9.jpg

/thread

Close it, no need for any further speculation, as the guy with a Glock in his screen name seems pretty clued in about pizza guns.

Clobbersaurus
06-21-2016, 07:52 PM
Will buy.

Need more details!

The Apprentice
06-21-2016, 08:03 PM
Take my money and take even more if you make a Centurion version.

BehindBlueI's
06-21-2016, 08:05 PM
He mentioned in our class a Langton Tactical edition would be a factory Beretta option, as he was working with them on it.

Nephrology
06-21-2016, 09:06 PM
He mentioned in our class a Langton Tactical edition would be a factory Beretta option, as he was working with them on it.

I am hoping it is much later this year so my wallet has a little time to recover first...

Up1911Fan
06-21-2016, 09:23 PM
This I will be buying.

JSGlock34
06-22-2016, 04:44 AM
/thread

Close it, no need for any further speculation, as the guy with a Glock in his screen name seems pretty clued in about pizza guns.

Suddenly I find myself wondering if "Pizza Gun" is an available screen name?

I still own more Glocks than Berettas, but the gap has been closing...

Luke
06-22-2016, 04:51 AM
Suddenly I find myself wondering if "Pizza Gun" is an available screen name?

I still own more Glocks than Berettas, but the gap has been closing...

I looked, it's available:)

LittleLebowski
06-22-2016, 06:34 AM
The Langdon Special is a great second step towards a perfect gaming 92. Hopefully peeps at BUSA are looking at Les' thread and are taking hints at what kind of a specific build it's going to take to compete with Tanfo/CZ.

Yup. I note that you just don't see threads such as "How do I make this thing run?!" on Berettas like you do on CZ variants.

Hambo
06-22-2016, 07:09 AM
I'm on it like a motherfucker. Those of us who have been carrying and shooting Berettas since Bruce Willis blew up the Nakatomi Tower are finally in with the cool kids.

JAD
06-22-2016, 07:24 AM
Yup. I note that you just don't see threads such as "How do I make this thing run?!" on Berettas like you do on CZ variants.
Or Glocks.

rob_s
06-22-2016, 07:34 AM
Or Glocks.

Nor do you see the numbers of people shooting Berettas as you do either of those two guns.

orionz06
06-22-2016, 07:37 AM
Nor do you see the numbers of people shooting Berettas as you do either of those two guns.

Back before the PX4 was cool there were a good bit of issues and folks were flocking to them.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

Matt O
06-22-2016, 07:38 AM

No, but in this case it doesn't disprove his point. My CZ broke parts with regularity over its 7k round count. My beretta has yet to break a part and it has a similar live fire round count and even more dry fire use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hambo
06-22-2016, 07:55 AM

Come on, man. Don't pee in our punch bowl. You have no idea how exciting dovetailed sights are unless you've been looking at the same fixed front sight for thirty years.

breakingtime91
06-22-2016, 08:02 AM
Come on, man. Don't pee in our punch bowl. You have no idea how exciting dovetailed sights are unless you've been looking at the same fixed front sight for thirty years.

He trolls everyone who doesn't shoot glock or buy colt

JAD
06-22-2016, 08:06 AM
Or Glocks.

And to troll myself, there are entire FORUMS on how to get 1911s to run.

SLG
06-22-2016, 08:10 AM
He trolls everyone who doesn't shoot glock or buy colt

Au contraire, mon ami! It is not enough to buy colts and glocks. You have to do it for "the right" reason. If you use them for any other reason than his, you are wrong. Either way, you're just a follower and not a free thinking cool guy.

SLG
06-22-2016, 08:11 AM

yes, but there is only one forum on how to get gun owners out to shoot. Well, maybe two.:-)

farscott
06-22-2016, 09:02 AM
I assume the positives of the Vertec slide are 1) Dovetail front sight and 2) Fits 92FS holsters unlike the guns equipped with the Brigadier slide. For those of use who have 92G BT holsters (Sparks made me two), what functional differences/advantages are there? I assume the slide is lighter, so the perceived recoil is less.

On a semi-related topic, has anyone got any scuttlebutt on the next Beretta/Wilson Combat gun? Such as what it is and when it will be available? I heard rumblings about a G Centurion, which I find interesting.

GJM
06-22-2016, 09:08 AM
We don't do scuttlebutt here on PF.

I do know that Bill Wilson is fond of G models, and I would be surprised if any models coming from him had a regular 92 safety. He also likes 92 Compact, Centurion and full size models.

Jeep
06-22-2016, 11:21 AM
We don't do scuttlebutt here on PF.

I do know that Bill Wilson is fond of G models, and I would be surprised if any models coming from him had a regular 92 safety. He also likes 92 Compact, Centurion and full size models.

Yep, but none of them allow you to get a knife, a challenge coin and a special box, much less a full lifestyle, so obviously he is way behind the curve.

Robinson
06-22-2016, 11:55 AM

Don't buy crappy ones. Use good magazines and ammunition. Buy guns that are actually built to a specification. What the hell else do those forums talk about?

Hot Sauce
06-22-2016, 12:24 PM
Or Glocks.

Does this look familiar?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?19739-LL-s-quot-Almost-Guaranteed-to-Work-fixes-for-Gen4-Glock-9mm-issues-quot

Yes, it's getting pelted in the face versus a malfunction that doesn't let the gun shoot, but still.

JAD
06-22-2016, 01:03 PM
Don't buy crappy ones. Use good magazines and ammunition. Buy guns that are actually built to a specification. What the hell else do those forums talk about?

Wax. I don't know, I just buy and shoot the things.

JonInWA
06-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Back to the grips-Those Langdon ones could actually be a viable, and best alternative to the unobtanium ultra-thin Trausch grips.

Best, Jon

WobblyPossum
06-22-2016, 07:39 PM
Maybe I'll actually be able to buy my M9A3G by the time this new gun comes out. The grips do look really nice though. I like how high up the texture goes.

LittleLebowski
06-22-2016, 08:20 PM
Au contraire, mon ami! It is not enough to buy colts and glocks. You have to do it for "the right" reason. If you use them for any other reason than his, you are wrong. Either way, you're just a follower and not a free thinking cool guy.

Says the Stihl fanboy who isn't cool enough to be different with a Dolmar :D

Up1911Fan
06-22-2016, 09:16 PM
Anyone know when these might be available?

The Apprentice
06-22-2016, 09:23 PM
Not soon enough.

breakingtime91
06-22-2016, 09:23 PM
Anyone know when these might be available?

I think he said end of this year.

SLG
06-22-2016, 09:25 PM
Says the Stihl fanboy who isn't cool enough to be different with a Dolmar :D

More eye-talon crap? ;-)

TheNewbie
06-22-2016, 09:39 PM
If they released the thin grips and M9A3 style safety to put on your current 92 model, that would be rather awesome .

LittleLebowski
06-23-2016, 08:17 AM
More eye-talian crap? ;-)

<hipster voice>It's a pretty obscure German brand, I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it.</hipster voice>

Hambo
06-23-2016, 08:23 AM
<hipster voice>It's a pretty obscure German brand, I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it.</hipster voice>

I had to look them up and I have to say I'm disappointed. Their advertising is lacking hot blonde German chicks.

Welder
06-23-2016, 08:32 AM
Every now and then I scan through the most recent posts looking for the green avatar with the parachute.

Padwan
06-23-2016, 06:24 PM
Back to the grips-Those Langdon ones could actually be a viable, and best alternative to the unobtanium ultra-thin Trausch grips.

Best, Jon

Langdon mentioned in his IG post that these grips are the same dimensions as the WC Ultra Thins, but he asked them to increase the checkered area. Not sure if the Trausch grips are identically sized but someone with Ultra Thins can probably give an idea of thinness.

LangdonTactical
06-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Wow, this has become a whole big deal and I don't even know if I have time to read all of the post.

Let me start by saying my goal with this project is to build what I think is the best all around 92 without it costing an arm and a leg. I want it to be a great gun for competition as well as possibly a duty gun for fans of Beretta 92s.

So here is the plan:

M9A1 frame, all the same with checkering and mag well bevel.
With a cut or rounding under the trigger guard by the mag button area.
No lanyard loop, flush like a Vertec or Elite.
Big mag button like the Wilson Gun
VZ Grips like pictured at the beginning of the thread
Vertec Slide, with front Cocking Serrations like the Elite guns (back of slide is supposed to have a radius on the bottom sharp corners)
New style G Lever (I know some don't like it, but it is a better part and lets people convert back to an F if they want)
Wilson Rear Sight
Dawson Fiber Optic Front sight
Solid Guide Rod
Stainless Elite II style barrel, just like the Wilson Gun but not finished in black
Steel trigger
D model hammer spring
Elite II hammer

That pretty much it and I think it will likely be my favorite Beretta 92 of all time.

Thanks for the support guys!

Guinnessman
06-23-2016, 06:41 PM
Wow, this has become a whole big deal and I don't even know if I have time to read all of the post.

Let me start by saying my goal with this project is to build what I think is the best all around 92 without it costing an arm and a leg. I want it to be a great gun for competition as well as possibly a duty gun for fans of Beretta 92s.

So here is the plan:

Vertec Slide, with front Cocking Serrations like the Elite guns (back of slide is supposed to have a radius on the bottom sharp corners)
New style G Lever (I know some don't like it, but it is a better part and lets people convert back to an F if they want)
Wilson Rear Sight
Solid Guide Rod
Stainless Elite II style barrel, just like the Wilson Gun but not finished in black
Steel trigger
D model hammer spring
Elite II hammer

That pretty much it and I think it will likely be my favorite Beretta 92 of all time.

Sold! Will there be a PF.com discount for this model?;)

ReverendMeat
06-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Sounds really slick.

Is there any more information out there about the new style G lever? I've heard it mentioned here and there but nothing in terms of design, price, availability, or compatibility. Google was not helpful.

BCL
06-23-2016, 07:06 PM

So here is the plan:

Wilson Rear Sight
Solid Guide Rod
Steel trigger
D model hammer spring
Elite II hammer

I'm going to buy at least two of these.

breakingtime91
06-23-2016, 08:04 PM
I'm buying one

Clobbersaurus
06-23-2016, 08:30 PM
Oh man, I'm all over this!

LT92 for the win!

Guinnessman
06-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Oh man, I'm all over this!

LT92 for the win!

It will be my first pizza pistol. I can't wait.

cathellsk
06-23-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm getting one too, can't wait.

Mr. Langdon, we talked about this pistol last year in Nashville at the NRA show (I saw you this year in Loiusville but we didn't get to talk). I mentioned how a lot of people would like to see it and you alluded to the fact you were working on it. Glad to see it finally getting somewhere. It was right after talking to you I met Bill Wilson at the Beretta booth also and then Ugo Beretta showed up. Bill said it was funny he was getting excited to meet him like I was with him.

Also...if you're talking about a black frame/slide with a stainless barrel I'll probably get two of these. I love that look on a Beretta.

Welder
06-23-2016, 09:39 PM
Cancelled my M9A3 G order. Not like it was going to show up anytime soon anyway. This will be what we have been looking for all along.

Mitch
06-23-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm in for at least one.

JSGlock34
06-23-2016, 10:23 PM

So here is the plan:

Wilson Rear Sight
Solid Guide Rod
Steel trigger
D model hammer spring
Elite II hammer

Thanks for the details and congratulations on getting another project rolling with Beretta!

I was wondering about the "cut or rounding under the trigger guard by the mag button area" - we had discussed this particular zone and the merits of a carry bevel during one of your classes as my new Wilson Brigadier Tactical was chewing my hand up! Since then my BrigTac has been back to Wilson for a carry bevel and Armor Tuff, but I imagine this area is going to get some attention from the factory on your pistol? If so, what a great detail to address!

I was wondering whether we would see a custom color scheme like the gray/black of the PX4 Compact Carry - sounds like the stainless barrel will provide a distinctive appearance as well as the LTT grips.

EVP
06-23-2016, 10:25 PM
Nice, I am for sure going to pick one up when they are available.

Colt191145lover
06-23-2016, 10:58 PM

So here is the plan:

Wilson Rear Sight
Solid Guide Rod
Steel trigger
D model hammer spring
Elite II hammer

Just described my dream Beretta 92. I'll be in my bunk...

MGW
06-23-2016, 11:10 PM
I bought a MK25 to pay homage to my Navy days. Might as well get one of these to commemorate my Army time. Yes an M9 would be the proper purchase but I would much rather have one set up to be a shooter. And I've secretly always wanted a 92.

JSGlock34
06-23-2016, 11:11 PM
Should look something like this...

scw2
06-23-2016, 11:28 PM
I knew I should not have clicked on this thread. I've always sorta wanted a 92, but now I really want that one.

Edwin
06-24-2016, 01:38 AM
Congrats Ernie on another great project. I look forward to retiring my Brig Tac as my backup gamer gun and using your LT92 as my main comp gun until Les get his 92 project going. Cheers mate. 8740

Cory
06-24-2016, 09:13 AM
This looks pretty awesome! Thanks Mr. Langdon for letting us know what's going on with this. I'm sure your busy, but a few questions:

-How long has this project been in the works?
-Will this be a limited production gun that may disappear / be impossible to find?
-How drastic of a change to the trigger guard undercut are you picturing?
-Bruntion finish(other than the barrel?)
-Will an up angle be possible if someone swaps to FS similar to the A3?
-"Without costing an arm and a leg" is it safe to say this won't be WC or A3 price?

And that's the end of my inquisition. Not a lot of folks get as involved in the gun community as yourself. I really hope to take a class with you eventually. Thank you for your time.

-Cory

LearnedHat
06-24-2016, 09:39 AM
One thing is for sure. Ernest can design new variants faster than Beretta can get them to market. Maybe they just want to try to blow out inventory before it is undercut by new offerings, the timing of the PX4 sale with the additional mags makes it seem that way.

45dotACP
06-24-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm down for one...

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

breakingtime91
06-24-2016, 10:07 AM
I woke up this morning thinking a centurion would be pretty freakin cool also..

Edwin
06-24-2016, 10:57 AM
Sounds really slick.

Is there any more information out there about the new style G lever? I've heard it mentioned here and there but nothing in terms of design, price, availability, or compatibility. Google was not helpful.

It's the same right side lever that a Cougar 8000 used.

Up1911Fan
06-24-2016, 12:32 PM
Should look something like this...

Ernest, what holster is this?

SLG
06-24-2016, 12:44 PM

I'm betting kytac. There's another guy just like kytac whose name escapes me now. Might more likely be him, idk.

JSGlock34
06-24-2016, 02:28 PM
I'm almost positive he said it was Blade-Tech when I asked him.

SLG
06-24-2016, 02:35 PM
I'm almost positive he said it was Blade-Tech when I asked him.

I'm almost positive that I'm not positive. ☺

MMcCall
06-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Count me in for at least one, maybe two. This is the Beretta I've been waiting literally 15 years for.

JSGlock34
06-24-2016, 04:02 PM
Another pic from Ernest's Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/BHAT8JcNvvN/?taken-by=ernest.langdon)...look carefully and you'll see his Vertec/M9A1 wearing the new grips. Should give a good idea of what the production version will look like.

https://scontent-sjc2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13422896_1764847933785620_438812303_n.jpg

rojocorsa
06-24-2016, 05:07 PM
Is this new G lever ambi?

The inherent abmi-ness of the 92 is one of its greatest strengths, IMO.

JSGlock34
06-24-2016, 05:10 PM

Yes, here's a picture of the other side of the new G lever.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/12825879_582553808570047_33496201_n.jpg?ig_cache_k ey=MTIwNzQxMDY0MDIxNzg5NzUzNA%3D%3D.2%22%20style=% 22%22

LangdonTactical
06-24-2016, 05:23 PM

That would be a Comp Tac Holster

LangdonTactical
06-24-2016, 05:24 PM

Yes, it is ambi.

LangdonTactical
06-24-2016, 05:25 PM
Yes, here's a picture of the other side of the new G lever.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/12825879_582553808570047_33496201_n.jpg?ig_cache_k ey=MTIwNzQxMDY0MDIxNzg5NzUzNA%3D%3D.2%22%20style=% 22%22
Yep, that is the lever. It is a more robust design and will not be prone to he pins falling out and or cracking like the older F and G models.

LangdonTactical
06-24-2016, 05:32 PM
This looks pretty awesome! Thanks Mr. Langdon for letting us know what's going on with this. I'm sure your busy, but a few questions:

-How long has this project been in the works?
-Will this be a limited production gun that may disappear / be impossible to find?
-How drastic of a change to the trigger guard undercut are you picturing?
-Bruntion finish(other than the barrel?)
-Will an up angle be possible if someone swaps to FS similar to the A3?
-"Without costing an arm and a leg" is it safe to say this won't be WC or A3 price?

And that's the end of my inquisition. Not a lot of folks get as involved in the gun community as yourself. I really hope to take a class with you eventually. Thank you for your time.

-Cory

Project has been in the works for at least two years, started just after the Wilson Brig Tac Project. The move to Tenn has slowed things down.
Not sure on the limited production or know. I would say that depends on how popular the gun ends up being.
Not sure how drastic it will be, just needs the sharp edge nocked off more than anything. Depends on what they can do in production.
Yes, Bruntion finish except for the barrel.
Yes, the safety levers will interchange with the M9A3 levers if someone wants that, or standard F levers.
Should be a little less retail than the Wilson gun, but not exactly sure what that will be yet. The Brig Tac is $1195 Retail I believe.

CoGT3
06-24-2016, 07:28 PM
Another wonderful project from the LT/BUSA crew! Didn't know the Chinese calendar had a year of the Pizza gun.

What are the chances of installing the WT mag guide as a production part? If enough numbers are sold, which I am sure they will, it could make the mag guide production legal :)

This will likely relegate my Brig Tact to bedside service (anybody got a spare 92g-sd barrel for me to thread?).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cory
06-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Thanks for answering all the questions! Can't wait to see it in stores!

-Cory

Stony Lane
06-25-2016, 05:52 AM
How about a lower profile slide release lever? With the thumbs forward, frequently the slide doesn't lock back when empty.

farscott
06-25-2016, 07:10 AM
Interested enough to set aside funds for a pair of these for IDPA/local fun matches. Based on feature set (no additional finish on barrel; fiber optic versus tritium; regular steel guide rod versus Wilson fluted; magazines), price should come in a bit under the Wilson Brigadier Tactical. If so, this will be an excellent value.

Eastex
06-25-2016, 01:47 PM
I've gone from no knowledge of Berettas to seriously considering one thanks to these threads and this one sounds like it might get the edge over a Wilson BT for carry. So would a Beretta Langdon Tactical be called a BLT? Gotta stake out those acronyms.

irascible_joe
06-25-2016, 04:15 PM
Yep, that is the lever. It is a more robust design and will not be prone to he pins falling out and or cracking like the older F and G models.

Mr. Langdon,

Can you tell us anything about the gun in that picture, and if it will become a production item? Looks like exactly what I want.

SLG
06-25-2016, 04:26 PM
That would be a Comp Tac Holster

I was half right. On the tac part, that is...;-)

I was trying to remember Redi-tac, as that was my second guess. 2 up 2 down. Not doing so well.

EL,

I think we've talked about this before, but you prefer the 92 grip frame because of the size of your hands, correct? Being smaller, I prefer the Vertec frame, but I think you found it to be too small for you, or maybe it was too short a trigger reach?

Nephrology
06-25-2016, 06:22 PM
Want.

JSGlock34
06-25-2016, 06:42 PM

I was trying to remember Redi-tac, as that was my second guess. 2 up 2 down. Not doing so well.

Still closer than me!

SLG
06-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Still closer than me!

The spacing on the tension screws is what told me it wasn't a blade-tech, but obviously that was about as far as I got.

Who else spends time guessing at random pieces of black plastic on the internet? These days so much of the kydex out there looks so much alike...and still I waste brain cells. EL probably has a bazillion rigs....:-)

JTQ
06-25-2016, 07:38 PM
I feel pretty stupid jumping in on the "guess what holster" contest, especially since it's been answered by the owner already, but it looks like there are plastic caps on those screw heads (Comp-Tac doesn't currently do that, though they certainly may have in the past), and I'd have thought Comp-Tac would have had three tension screws for a gun with a barrel as long as the Beretta 92.

Edwin
06-25-2016, 08:31 PM
How about a lower profile slide release lever? With the thumbs forward, frequently the slide doesn't lock back when empty.

There are not enough likes in the world for this.

BN
06-25-2016, 09:13 PM
but it looks like there are plastic caps on those screw heads (Comp-Tac doesn't currently do that, though they certainly may have in the past),

Ready Tactical used to use the caps on the screw heads. I don't know if they still do.

matt7184
06-26-2016, 03:23 AM
The 92LT and PX4CC peak my interests. I like the direction Beretta is going in. I WANT a gun that I can just shoot out of the box without having to tinker with (including sights).

LangdonTactical
06-29-2016, 04:19 PM

EL,

I think we've talked about this before, but you prefer the 92 grip frame because of the size of your hands, correct? Being smaller, I prefer the Vertec frame, but I think you found it to be too small for you, or maybe it was too short a trigger reach?

I can shoot the Vertec fine, I just find that I shoot the standard frame better. Most of the guys that I know that have tried both and run them both hard end up going back to the standard 92 frame. It is really the difference in the way the gun contacts the heal of the strong hand and the leverage I can put on the gun.

Nothing wrong with the Vertec frame if that is what you like. The M9A3 is a hell of a package!

KG
07-15-2016, 01:08 PM
Ernest, will your new pistol use a holster designed for a M9A1, M9A3, or does it require a new design?

Thanks

Handy
07-15-2016, 06:54 PM
What is the advantage of combining a Vertec slide with a M9A1 frame over the 92A1 which already has the rail and the dovetail sights?

A lot of not-so-tactical people (myself included) would love to see a non-rail frame with a Vertec type slide. It seems like between the 92A1, Vertec, 90-Two, Brig, etc, every other combination has been represented but that.

pastaslinger
07-15-2016, 07:25 PM
What is the advantage of combining a Vertec slide with a M9A1 frame over the 92A1 which already has the rail and the dovetail sights?

A lot of not-so-tactical people (myself included) would love to see a non-rail frame with a Vertec type slide. It seems like between the 92A1, Vertec, 90-Two, Brig, etc, every other combination has been represented but that.

I think what you want did exist and it was called the elite 1A

I hope the Langdon model does come to market. Preferably with a Novak or other "normal" rear sight instead of the Wilson, which isn't bad but it isn't a lot of people's favorite

ReverendMeat
07-15-2016, 07:44 PM

There is no 92A1G, for one. The M9A1 frames also incorporate checkering on the front and backstrap and a beveled magazine well. I hear there are also some goofy differences with the 92A1 frame that make certain parts compatibility an issue but don't quote me on that.

I'm with you on the non-railed frame.

Welder
07-15-2016, 07:45 PM
I think what you want did exist and it was called the elite 1A

The E1A was not anywhere close to that. It was a Brig G slide on a Vertec frame.

JSGlock34
07-15-2016, 08:14 PM

The 92A1 slide is not compatible with the standard 92 lineup. The dimensions are slightly different from the standard 92 series.

Note that the Vertec and M9A1 frame (which was originally on the 92G-SD) both predate the 90-TWO and 92A1. The Vertec frame has had a rail since its introduction in 2001. The better question is why did Beretta introduce the 90-TWO and 92A1 when the Vertec, 92G-SD, Elite IA and M9A1 were already available? All of these pistols had accessory rails, and with the exception of the M9A1, dovetailed front sights.

The major 'innovation' of the 90-TWO and 92A1/96A1 was the recoil buffer, which was intended to increase durability when using .40 ammunition. The cost of this dubious improvement was reduced compatibility with the rest of the 92 lineup. As ReverendMeat pointed out, the 90-TWO and 92A1 were also never offered in a 'G' version (potentially of less concern if/when the 'G' conversion kit comes out). But I think there is a reason that the Wilson and Langdon guns are both 'G' models.

Personally I think Beretta's choice to base the M9A3 off the Vertec design and not the 92A1 tells me where the future of the 92 is heading. Considering all the projects Beretta is working on (the Langdon gun, more Wilson guns, the M9A3 family, the PX4 Compact Carry, etc), I'm in no rush to see more 92A1s. Ever.

Handy
07-15-2016, 08:46 PM
The 92A1 slide is not compatible with the standard 92 lineup. The dimensions are slightly different from the standard 92 series.

Note that the Vertec and M9A1 frame (which was originally on the 92G-SD) both predate the 90-TWO and 92A1. The Vertec frame has had a rail since its introduction in 2001. The better question is why did Beretta introduce the 90-TWO and 92A1 when the Vertec, 92G-SD, Elite IA and M9A1 were already available? All of these pistols had accessory rails, and with the exception of the M9A1, dovetailed front sights.

The major 'innovation' of the 90-TWO and 92A1/96A1 was the recoil buffer, which was intended to increase durability when using .40 ammunition. The cost of this dubious improvement was reduced compatibility with the rest of the 92 lineup. As ReverendMeat pointed out, the 90-TWO and 92A1 were also never offered in a 'G' version (potentially of less concern if/when the 'G' conversion kit comes out). But I think there is a reason that the Wilson and Langdon guns are both 'G' models.

Personally I think Beretta's choice to base the M9A3 off the Vertec design and not the 92A1 tells me where the future of the 92 is heading. Considering all the projects Beretta is working on (the Langdon gun, more Wilson guns, the M9A3 family, the PX4 Compact Carry, etc), I'm in no rush to see more 92A1s. Ever.

I get that the 90-Two, 92A1 and 96A1 have a different size/shape dustcover to accommodate the buffer, but I hadn't heard the 92A1 isn't parts compatible beyond that. My understanding was that it used the extra space created by the rail to accomplish what a Brig does with its oversized slide.

If you want a rail, this made sense to me. I assume a run of the 92A1 slides with G machining wouldn't be that much harder than it is to produce standard G slides, but if the Langdon gun is going to be made out of "off the shelf" slides and frames (and the G conversion isn't available), then not using the 92A1 as a base makes sense. Beretta engineers believe they have made a more durable platform with the 92A1, seems a shame to ignore their work.

Separate from all of that, all of these fun combos are just frustrating to all the consumers out there that don't want/need a rail but can no longer install tritium in their fixed front sights. Beretta treats the 92 line as modular, but doesn't put out the mix and match most buyers probably desire - no rail, removable sights. These guns sell on a healthy dose of nostalgia, and the rail guns don't look right.

JSGlock34
07-15-2016, 09:06 PM
Considering how much time this forum spends discussing exactly what toppings they want on their pizza (gun), it is hard to find love for the one pizza (gun) that you can't swap the toppings on...

Shotgun
07-15-2016, 09:16 PM

Only 28 years for me; that's longer than some on this forum have been alive.

Handy
07-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Considering how much time this forum spends discussing exactly what toppings they want on their pizza (gun), it is hard to find love for the one pizza (gun) that you can't swap the toppings on...

Do you know what parts can't be swapped aside from the slide/frame? With the slide dimensions, rail, dovetails and the coming G conversion, it seems like it has it all - unless there is some action part that won't work on a 92A1.

JSGlock34
07-15-2016, 09:52 PM
Do you know what parts can't be swapped aside from the slide/frame? With the slide dimensions, rail, dovetails and the coming G conversion, it seems like it has it all - unless there is some action part that won't work on a 92A1.

Honestly I'm not sure what the overall small parts compatibility is. I was never particularly interested in the 92A1 since it was never offered in 'G' configuration. I know the 90-TWO had more small parts differences with the rest of the 92 series, but I don't think that all of that carried over to the 92A1, which seemed to skew back to traditional 92 lines. Wilson works on 92A1s and some posters on the forum (such as GJM) have had 92A1s customized there (to include 'G' conversion). Personally I don't get the appeal of the 92A1 when the 92G-SD, Brigadier Tactical and M9A3 are all currently in production, but I'm sure the 92A1 is a fine shooter.

breakingtime91
07-15-2016, 10:00 PM
Honestly I'm not sure what the overall small parts compatibility is. I was never particularly interested in the 92A1 since it was never offered in 'G' configuration. I know the 90-TWO had more small parts differences with the rest of the 92 series, but I don't think that all of that carried over to the 92A1, which seemed to skew back to traditional 92 lines. Wilson works on 92A1s and some posters on the forum (such as GJM) have had 92A1s customized there (to include 'G' conversion). Personally I don't get the appeal of the 92A1 when the 92G-SD, Brigadier Tactical and M9A3 are all currently in production, but I'm sure the 92A1 is a fine shooter.

92a1 is a perfectly good gun and the majority of the small parts work on them...They shoot much flatter then the standard m9 or 92fs and have a dovetailed front with a railed lower. I understand what your saying but saying they don't have much appeal is a little much.

with that said, people like messing with shit so sure the 92a1 wouldnt be good if you had a spare slide you wanted to put on it... with that said it shoots really well.

JSGlock34
07-15-2016, 10:21 PM
92a1 is a perfectly good gun and the majority of the small parts work on them...They shoot much flatter then the standard m9 or 92fs and have a dovetailed front with a railed lower. I understand what your saying but saying they don't have much appeal is a little much.

with that said, people like messing with shit so sure the 92a1 wouldnt be good if you had a spare slide you wanted to put on it... with that said it shoots really well.

I don't think we're far off. Like I said, I'm sure the 92A1 is a fine shooter. The practical differences between a 92A1 and the rest of the 92 lineup are hardly worth debating, unless you're a Pizza gun enthusiast/purist. The 92A1 never appealed to me because I prefer 'G' models for a carry pistol. For a while I was hunting a Vertec 'G' slide to swap onto one of my other 92 pistols. And from what I can tell, the revival of interest in the 92 on this forum took off when the 'G' models came back. The 92A1 has been in continuous production since 2010, and for a while it was the only 92 in production with a dovetailed front sight, but it didn't stop everyone from lobbying for the return of the Elite series or Vertec.

Who knows what things would look like today had Beretta introduced a 92A1-G back in 2010?

But in any case, these are good days to be a Beretta 92 fan. Wilson guns, Langdon guns, M9A3s, Vertecs, Brigadiers, Compacts...good days.

breakingtime91
07-15-2016, 10:34 PM
I don't think we're far off. Like I said, I'm sure the 92A1 is a fine shooter. The practical differences between a 92A1 and the rest of the 92 lineup are hardly worth debating, unless you're a Pizza gun enthusiast/purist. The 92A1 never appealed to me because I prefer 'G' models for a carry pistol. For a while I was hunting a Vertec 'G' slide to swap onto one of my other 92 pistols. And from what I can tell, the revival of interest in the 92 on this forum took off when the 'G' models came back. The 92A1 has been in continuous production since 2010, and for a while it was the only 92 in production with a dovetailed front sight, but it didn't stop everyone from lobbying for the return of the Elite series or Vertec.

Who knows what things would look like today had Beretta introduced a 92A1-G back in 2010?

But in any case, these are good days to be a Beretta 92 fan. Wilson guns, Langdon guns, M9A3s, Vertecs, Brigadiers, Compacts...good days.

yup, completely agree. If they introduce these G "kits" I will have a 92a1 with a x300 hd gun and hopefully a centurion carry gun from wilson... people can dream right?

OnionsAndDragons
07-16-2016, 12:01 AM
yup, completely agree. If they introduce these G "kits" I will have a 92a1 with a x300 hd gun and hopefully a centurion carry gun from wilson... people can dream right?

If I could get a Langdon DA pull on a Centurion D, I might hang up the HK.

I'm pretty excited about this pizza gun renaissance.

Welder
07-16-2016, 12:23 AM
....As ReverendMeat pointed out, the 90-TWO and 92A1 were also never offered in a 'G' version....

Well....that's not exactly true, at least in the 90-TWO's case. There were a few G models that were offered, and the 90-TWO was the original user-convertible G model albeit nearly unknown to buyers. Brownells used to carry the parts, although not usually all of them at the same time. The M9A3 universal lever setup is really just following in the footsteps of the PX and 90-TWO series, which also have universal slides.

I have seen on BF where a member took his 92A1 and put a 90-TWO top end and slide release on it. But not sure if the 90-TWO G levers would transplant into the 92A1 slide, as I'm not sure exactly how related these two slides are. Nor have I looked in the last couple of years on Brownells' site to see if the 90-TWO G levers are even still available.

pastaslinger
07-16-2016, 12:59 AM
The E1A was not anywhere close to that. It was a Brig G slide on a Vertec frame.
Got it backwards then

I honestly think the rail is better. I don't know about brig versus vertec slide. If the brig slide is more durable then the brig slide. If not, then why not go vertec to have more holster choices

Only scenario I could see not wanting a rail is if they did a steel frame version for USPSA which I doubt will happen because Beretta doesn't seem to care about competition anymore (sadly)

JTQ
07-16-2016, 05:57 AM
Do you know what parts can't be swapped aside from the slide/frame?
The most obvious is the disassembly button on the right side of the frame. The 92A1/96A1 button is round. All other 92/M9 guns have an oval button. Of course the frame cuts are different for the different shaped button.

92A1 http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-a1/#Main

Everything else http://www.beretta.com/en-us/firearms/finder/?ds=Pistol#ds=Pistol&c=Full&mpp=24

farscott
07-16-2016, 08:05 AM
If I could get a Langdon DA pull on a Centurion D, I might hang up the HK.

I'm pretty excited about this pizza gun renaissance.

As a dedicated DAO and LEM user, a Centurion D with the ability to swap sights and attach a light would also allow me to retire my P30 system. It is a bit easier for me to work on the 92-series guns, and the parts are much easier for me to get. Beretta has been really good about quickly shipping orders and offers a discount for Beretta Forum members, and WC has some nice parts. I also like that the current DoD service pistol is starting to see an aftermarket industry similar to the 1911.

I can walk into my local dealer and walk out with 92-series magazines, and three of them cost less than MSRP on one P30 magazine. That being said, I go through a lot more 92-series magazines as I still have not deadlined a P30 magazine. And my P30 guns just run. So the magazine thing might be false economy.

Choices are good. Planning on buying two of the EL 92 guns.

JSGlock34
07-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Well....that's not exactly true, at least in the 90-TWO's case. There were a few G models that were offered, and the 90-TWO was the original user-convertible G model albeit nearly unknown to buyers. Brownells used to carry the parts, although not usually all of them at the same time. The M9A3 universal lever setup is really just following in the footsteps of the PX and 90-TWO series, which also have universal slides.

I have seen on BF where a member took his 92A1 and put a 90-TWO top end and slide release on it. But not sure if the 90-TWO G levers would transplant into the 92A1 slide, as I'm not sure exactly how related these two slides are. Nor have I looked in the last couple of years on Brownells' site to see if the 90-TWO G levers are even still available.

Thanks for posting that - there is a post on converting the 90-TWO to G (http://berettaforum.net/vb/showpost.php?p=999015&postcount=25) in the Beretta forum 92 FAQ (http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=98238), which has a dizzying amount of info. My understanding is that this capability was never fully supported and the parts were very hard to come by, but you are right that there are a few out there. You can't put a 90-TWO G lever in a 92A1 slide without machining, but guys like MGW or Wilson can convert a 92A1 to 'G' for about the same price as the 90-TWO levers.

Was the 90-TWO ever offered from the factory as a 'G'? I've only heard of conversions.

The 90-TWO was first and foremost a marketing failure. Another opportunity missed...the major complaint about the 90-TWO were the grips, so Beretta changed the slide with the 92A1...

JSGlock34
07-16-2016, 09:35 AM

In the "I learn something new every day category" of esoteric Beretta models, I found that Beretta actually offered a factory non-rail frame with a Vertec type slide at one point. My guess is that some of these 'two-tone' editions were made up of excess parts lying around, but behold! A M9 frame with a Vertec slide...

http://www.gunlistings.org/uploads/l2_pistols_beretta_92fs_vertec_9mm_two_tone_104508 .jpg

Clobbersaurus
07-16-2016, 11:42 AM
^^ I'll be in my bunk.:cool:

BehindBlueI's
07-16-2016, 11:56 AM
So...do all these different frames and slide combos take different holsters?

The Beretta world seems....confusing.

Clobbersaurus
07-16-2016, 12:29 PM

It's my experience that if you buy a holster made for a Brigadier slide that those holsters will also fit regular slide Beretta's including Centurions. I am not sure if this is true for railed frame holsters, and them fitting regular frame guns. The good thing is that Blade-Tech offers holsters in almost every Beretta iteration. JMCK also has a wide variety if holsters for Beretta's if IWB And AIWB holsters are needed.

Tom Fineis
07-16-2016, 12:38 PM
I am a new convert to DA guns (currently shooting a CZ) and have paid almost zero attention to Beretta's in my shooting career. Is there a good website or youtube source that explains the different frames, slides, and parts?

I have gathered from reading various forums why decock only levers and slides with dovetail sights are desired, but the rest is basically greek to me.

I really enjoy my CZ, but the durability of a Beretta and one set up out of the box sounds appealing. I'm curious to learn more.

JSGlock34
07-16-2016, 12:39 PM

Kinda, sorta, yes?

Really depends on the gun and the holster (particularly the retention mechanism). Frame changes such as rounded vs. squared trigger guards and the addition of a picatinny rail can really mess with holster compatibility (particularly kydex). Slide dimensions can also change - particularly when going from the legacy 92FS slide to the thicker Brigadier, and that can also cause problems. The Vertec slide can preserve some holster compatibility with the older 92s. I've read that the 92A1 won't fit some 92 holsters due to the slide/frame dimension differences.

Then again, I had a Wilson Tactical Assault holster that could take a great variety of 92s, and my Blade-tech holster fits both my M9 and Brigadier Tactical...so it depends.

It's my experience that if you buy a holster made for a Brigadier slide that those holsters will also fit regular slide Beretta's including Centurions. I am not sure if this is true for railed frame holsters, and them fitting regular frame guns. The good thing is that Blade-Tech offers holsters in almost every Beretta iteration.

This mirrors my experience.

JSGlock34
07-16-2016, 12:54 PM
I am a new convert to DA guns (currently shooting a CZ) and have paid almost zero attention to Beretta's in my shooting career. Is there a good website or youtube source that explains the different frames, slides, and parts?

I have gathered from reading various forums why decock only levers and slides with dovetail sights are desired, but the rest is basically greek to me.

I really enjoy my CZ, but the durability of a Beretta and one set up out of the box sounds appealing. I'm curious to learn more.

This is the massive 170+ page pistol-forum thread on Berettas...dive in!

Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately) (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?7408-Beretta-92-FS-Compact-(and-general-Beretta-love-lately))

The Beretta Forum (http://berettaforum.net/vb/) is a great resource as well. There are some amazing sources of detailed information there (like this chart). Their 92 series FAQ (http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=98238) is full of great info.

http://92fs.net/FAQ/S92/92Fam/1%20-%20Baseline.gif

Handy
07-16-2016, 02:08 PM

I guess it depends in part on whether it makes sense to build holsters for railed guns with nothing hanging off the rail. If you're leaving room for a weapon light the difference in trigger guard shape between various models matters less.

On the other hand, the amount of variation in 92 series guns is less than that of HKs hammer fired 9mm line: USP, USPc, P2000, P30L, P30.

HCM
07-16-2016, 02:41 PM
As JSGlock34 noted, it's more of an issue with duty / retention holsters.

breakingtime91
07-16-2016, 03:31 PM
I am pretty stoked for the G conversion kits and also seeing where this goes. I have made up my mind that Pizza guns and Lem guns compliment each other and they are both nice to have :cool:

GJM
07-16-2016, 03:52 PM
I am pretty stoked for the G conversion kits and also seeing where this goes. I have made up my mind that Pizza guns and Lem guns compliment each other and they are both nice to have :cool:

I think LEM guns go well with DA/SA and striker pistols, too. :)

I slept in a tent in bear country in Montana last night, wearing my USP LEM 45 with super ammo in a JM AIWB, in my sleeping bag, and can't think of a pistol I would rather sleep with!

Welder
07-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Was the 90-TWO ever offered from the factory as a 'G'? I've only heard of conversions.

I seem to remember reading that a small number did come from the factory as G models, maybe for a PD somewhere? Truthfully I can neither confirm nor deny. The -TWO is one Beretta that I'd like to get my hands on one day, just to see how bad those grips really are. I've never heard anything flattering said about them.

JSGlock34
07-16-2016, 07:56 PM
I seem to remember reading that a small number did come from the factory as G models, maybe for a PD somewhere? Truthfully I can neither confirm nor deny. The -TWO is one Beretta that I'd like to get my hands on one day, just to see how bad those grips really are. I've never heard anything flattering said about them.

For no better reason than I enjoy Beretta trivia, I've raised this important matter with the curators over at the Beretta forum's 92 series FAQ.

StraitR
07-16-2016, 08:24 PM
I've come to the same conclusion as BT on LEM and DA/SA. I plan to divest myself of Glock and go back to the P30 and Pizzas for AIWB + Hammer considerations. That, and pizzas have become my go-to for confident performance, which is important given my availability to hit the range lately has been effectively zero (new baby at home). Not the best size (length) and weight for me to AIWB, but hoping Wilson helps remedy that with a Centurion soon. Until then, it's back to learning the LEM and hunting for a second hand Brig Tac AIWB holster while I wait to see if Wilson comes through in Q4.

Also looking forward to this LT 92. It took me 25 years to figure it out, and I feel bad for the dudes that have sweat through the crappy years, but it's a good time to be a Beretta fan.

OnionsAndDragons
07-17-2016, 11:03 PM
I've come to the same conclusion as BT on LEM and DA/SA. I plan to divest myself of Glock and go back to the P30 and Pizzas for AIWB + Hammer considerations. That, and pizzas have become my go-to for confident performance, which is important given my availability to hit the range lately has been effectively zero (new baby at home). Not the best size (length) and weight for me to AIWB, but hoping Wilson helps remedy that with a Centurion soon. Until then, it's back to learning the LEM and hunting for a second hand Brig Tac AIWB holster while I wait to see if Wilson comes through in Q4.

Also looking forward to this LT 92. It took me 25 years to figure it out, and I feel bad for the dudes that have sweat through the crappy years, but it's a good time to be a Beretta fan.

I don't think I'll ever get rid of the 2 Glocks I kept, but I'm feeling this sentiment myself.

When the pizzas I want are available, I'll be moving my classic SIGs down the road. This has been a Teutonic household for too long.

Or maybe I'll just give the damned things to the lady for Yule or something. :)

BehindBlueI's
07-17-2016, 11:09 PM
I'll be moving my classic SIGs down the road.

Did I mention how handsome you look and how smart you've sounded lately? You've always been one of my favorites.

Oh...and what sort of classic Sigs are we discussing?

OnionsAndDragons
07-17-2016, 11:27 PM
Did I mention how handsome you look and how smart you've sounded lately? You've always been one of my favorites.

Oh...and what sort of classic Sigs are we discussing?

And I'm sure the fact I'm paying you money to teach me about dirtbags in a couple weeks has nothing to do with your lovely remarks... :)

Pair of 226. One railed, SRT installed, proper trigger break in (shot it a bunch). One WGerman old school.

I never warmed to the 229, but Hannah loves hers dearly.

I'd almost feel bad about getting rid of that workmans 226, but I know the right person would appreciate what it's matured into.

Also, if I do decide to get rid of one I'll be sure to let you know. It's not like you're that far away.

BehindBlueI's
07-18-2016, 05:39 AM
And I'm sure the fact I'm paying you money to teach me about dirtbags in a couple weeks has nothing to do with your lovely remarks... :)

Just figured I'd start sucking up now so when you're ready to move your Sigs I can get a better price.... ;)

CoGT3
08-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Just throwing this out there.

Sent in an email to Ameriglo today asking about the possibility of seeing a CAP LE style set of sights for the Beretta 92's. Got an answer back very quickly that this is being actively considered for the Vertec slides. Further requests may help encourage them that this is worth their time/effort.

Talking about this type of set up:
http://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/products/glock-cap-le-sets

Square HiViz tritium front sight with black rear sight with tritium set in black surrounds like the rear of the Trijicon HD's. Could be a great option for the Brigadier slides, M9A3 slides, and Ernest 92 project guns as a HD option.

OlongJohnson
08-03-2016, 08:17 PM
That, and pizzas have become my go-to for confident performance, which is important given my availability to hit the range lately has been effectively zero (new baby at home). Not the best size (length) and weight for me to AIWB, but hoping Wilson helps remedy that with a Centurion soon. Until then, it's back to learning the LEM and hunting for a second hand Brig Tac AIWB holster while I wait to see if Wilson comes through in Q4.

You know about this, right?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/719007520/Beretta+92FS+Compact+9mm+13+1+4.25+2+Mags

Two years from now, I might hate myself for not being all over it, but right now, it seems like not the best use of my funds.

MSparks909
08-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Any update on the LT 92?

JSGlock34
08-06-2016, 01:37 PM
In the "I learn something new every day category" of esoteric Beretta models, I found that Beretta actually offered a factory non-rail frame with a Vertec type slide at one point. My guess is that some of these 'two-tone' editions were made up of excess parts lying around, but behold! A M9 frame with a Vertec slide...

http://www.gunlistings.org/uploads/l2_pistols_beretta_92fs_vertec_9mm_two_tone_104508 .jpg

One of these (used) is up for sale on Gunbroker...

Gunbroker: 92FS Vertec M9 Style Frame 9mm
(http://www.gunbroker.com/item/575099608)

Welder
08-06-2016, 06:26 PM

I've had that on my watch list for a couple days. Guess I won't be stealing it at the $500 starting price now. Two bummers about it:

1) Vertec FS slide (not G)
2) Standard Beretta frame (non M9A1)

So it's basically a standard 92FS with a removable front sight, in other words, what they should've been making all along. Move along, nothing to see here. ;)

pastaslinger
08-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Kind of hoping that the LT92 ends up with a brigadier slide with front and rear serrations and an adjustable LPA/Bomar style rear or Dawson rear with fiber front

Welder
08-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Kind of hoping that the LT92 ends up with a brigadier slide with front and rear serrations and an adjustable LPA/Bomar style rear or Dawson rear with fiber front

Sounds like you should be looking for an Elite or Elite II, then. The main attraction to this pistol is the Vertec G (or maybe M9A3 G?) slide and M9A1 grip combination. A Brig slide would completely change the concept, and there are plenty of Brig slide pistols out there for sale already on the new and used market. :)

ReverendMeat
08-06-2016, 07:37 PM
So it's basically a standard 92FS with a removable front sight, in other words, what they should've been making all along. Move along, nothing to see here. ;)

They should have been, but they aren't. So yeah, it is something to see, and if I wasn't an unemployed drifter right now I'd be really tempted. Not being a G is a downside but I keep hearing about some mythical "universal G levers"...

Welder
08-09-2016, 12:27 PM

Somebody did OK on that one - only the one $500 bid. Probably worth that.

JSGlock34
08-09-2016, 01:10 PM
I was feeling guilty that I had driven up the price on you.

I get the feeling that particular 'model' originated when someone noticed an extra box of Vertec Inox slides lying around in one corner and tossed them on some excess M9 frames.

OlongJohnson
08-09-2016, 06:08 PM
I get the feeling that particular 'model' originated when someone noticed an extra box of Vertec Inox slides lying around in one corner and tossed them on some excess M9 frames.

The Sig Sauer product management strategy...

pastaslinger
08-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Sounds like you should be looking for an Elite or Elite II, then. The main attraction to this pistol is the Vertec G (or maybe M9A3 G?) slide and M9A1 grip combination. A Brig slide would completely change the concept, and there are plenty of Brig slide pistols out there for sale already on the new and used market. :)

Elites have become stupidly overpriced though...

JSGlock34
08-09-2016, 08:19 PM

Why not a Brigadier Tactical? Surely someone can add front slide serrations (perhaps even Wilson Combat).

Welder
08-09-2016, 08:22 PM
I was feeling guilty that I had driven up the price on you.

No worries - I had it on my watch list but hadn't put a bid on it, and ended up not doing so. I may have a few more Berettas than a person really needs already. :)

Welder
08-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Elites have become stupidly overpriced though...

Really? I was thinkiing they've been coming down steadily since Bill Wilson stopped buying every one that came up for sale on GB. Probably not realistic to expect to buy an Elite II 92 for less than $850-$900 these days unless you stumble onto a pretty good deal. Elites maybe $50 to $100 less. That's not that much more than a regular Brig slide pistol goes for, and particularly in the case of the Elite II, you get a good bit more pizzaz for the extra $$.

If you'd be interested in 96's, I have either an Elite or an Elite II (or both) I'd sell. I'm actually kind of bored with all of my Brigadier slide Berettas, but am going to hang onto the 92G-SD and I expect the Centennial is going to cost a bit more than you want to spend. :)

pastaslinger
08-09-2016, 08:47 PM
That's a lot of money for a used Beretta considering a new brigadier 92fs is like $600

Welder
08-10-2016, 10:44 AM
I'm really not sure what to tell you then? Pistols with more desirable features are often worth more used than what pistols with less desirable features cost new.

If you keep your eyes on the net like a hawk, you'll eventually find somebody selling an Elite in the $500 range who doesn't know what they have. Better be quick to get your wallet out though. :)

JTQ
08-10-2016, 10:54 AM
That's a lot of money for a used Beretta considering a new brigadier 92fs is like $600
A 92FS Brigadier is not a G model like the Elite II is.

Anything new with dovetailed front sights and a G model is over $1,000.

farscott
08-10-2016, 10:59 AM
Until the promised "G conversion" levers are available from Beretta, G models are going to carry a price premium.

pastaslinger
08-10-2016, 06:09 PM
The more I think about it the less I am that concerned about the safety since my thumb rides so high that it is just below the lever. Obviously the G models are preferred but if I wanted to just get a model to mess with under $800 I'd probably get a regular brigadier or vertec right now. I think the brig tac is the best current model but the LT one sounds like it could be pretty interesting.

PGT
08-12-2016, 02:18 PM
I sort of made my own. I think I might send it to AGW for G-conversion at some point.

http://i.imgur.com/0hJR3h2l.jpg

pastaslinger
08-25-2016, 07:32 PM
Any chance of this getting the Les rear sight that is currently a prototype?

LangdonTactical
08-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Any chance of this getting the Les rear sight that is currently a prototype?

Keep in mind every time you make a change, it can push things back by months in some cases. The Build of Materials (BOM) is done for this gun and the parts are being ordered or already have been ordered. If you change one thing, especially to a prototype part that is not in production yet, it could push things back by quite a bit. I don't think it is worth it to change the notch style on the rear sight. Especially if it is something that can be changed by the end user for $39 later and some people still like the U notch.

Maybe in later generations of the gun we can look at a change. I have not even personally seen the new Les rear sight outside of pictures.

CoGT3
08-26-2016, 01:20 PM
The Build of Materials (BOM) is done for this gun and the parts are being ordered or already have been ordered.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". 🎄

Time to sell off some more guns to free up some 💵💰💵

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sal Picante
08-26-2016, 01:29 PM
Keep in mind every time you make a change, it can push things back by months in some cases. The Build of Materials (BOM) is done for this gun and the parts are being ordered or already have been ordered. If you change one thing, especially to a prototype part that is not in production yet, it could push things back by quite a bit. I don't think it is worth it to change the notch style on the rear sight. Especially if it is something that can be changed by the end user for $39 later and some people still like the U notch.

Maybe in later generations of the gun we can look at a change. I have not even personally seen the new Les rear sight outside of pictures.

Ernest - sent you a message on FB.

I'm getting super excited 'bout the Langdon Special.

Magsz
08-26-2016, 01:37 PM
So if most of the materials are ordered or being ordered does that mean we should ideally see the release of this pistol by SHOT? How long do projects like this usually take?

pastaslinger
08-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Didn't know it was already being put together, that's good to hear

Do we know what the final specs are then? Any pics of a prototype or preproduction version?

LangdonTactical
08-29-2016, 02:48 PM
The gun is scheduled to be built in the new Tennessee factory in the fourth quarter of this year. So before SHOT, yes. Exactly when I am not sure.

I am supposed to be getting a prototype of the gun soon for final approval. Not sure when soon is :)

LockedBreech
08-29-2016, 03:09 PM
The gun is scheduled to be built in the new Tennessee factory in the fourth quarter of this year. So before SHOT, yes. Exactly when I am not sure.

I am supposed to be getting a prototype of the gun soon for final approval. Not sure when soon is :)

My wallet is aggressively trying to escape my pocket.

buzz_knox
08-29-2016, 07:19 PM

TN natives get a discount or at least get to be first in line, right?

Clobbersaurus
08-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Is there any chance the Langdon Tactical will be IPSC Production legal?

The Wilson Brig Tac is, for some mystifying reason, not a production legal gun. I would assume as the new LT model is a factory produced gun it should be good to go?

I'm in for one of these for sure either way.

Edwin
08-30-2016, 03:33 AM
Is there any chance the Langdon Tactical will be IPSC Production legal?

The Wilson Brig Tac is, for some mystifying reason, not a production legal gun. I would assume as the new LT model is a factory produced gun it should be good to go?

I'm in for one of these for sure either way.

I actually emailed Vince Pinto, IPSC Handgun Rules Director, who handles these things. He says it's because of the Wilson logo that is engraved on the slide. Seriously. Here's how the rest of the email chain went.

Me: "That's really asinine considering there's not competitive advantage."
Vince Pinto: "Really? Well, I’ll tell the IPSC General Assembly have no idea what they’re doing, and we should instead have you running the show. Your email address has been blocked."

So yeah. Dudes a total asshole.

pastaslinger
08-30-2016, 03:36 AM
Who cares, it is uspsa legal which is what really matters....

Edwin
08-30-2016, 02:42 PM
I care. I travel internationally a lot and wish to use my USPSA prod gun for IPSC matches.

Doge
08-30-2016, 06:28 PM
I actually emailed Vince Pinto, IPSC Handgun Rules Director, who handles these things. He says it's because of the Wilson logo that is engraved on the slide. Seriously. Here's how the rest of the email chain went.

Vince Pinto: "Really? Well, I’ll tell the IPSC General Assembly have no idea what they’re doing, and we should instead have you running the show. Your email address has been blocked."

That's really disappointing to hear. IPSC Production rules are bananas sometimes, the fact that refinishing a production gun is not production legal drives me nuts.

Doge
08-30-2016, 06:30 PM
On a brighter note Ernest Langdon was kind enough to reply to my FB message regarding getting the gun on the Production Approved list along side the M9A3.

Edwin
08-31-2016, 02:53 AM
It's an even dumber ruling because the rule specifically says no custom shop logos on production guns. But the logos are put on by Beretta at the factory. It's just dumb all the way down.

Clobbersaurus
08-31-2016, 07:17 AM

LOL, that sounds about right for a well reasoned IPSC ruling. Man, I wish we had USPSA up here!

Thanks for asking the questions guys.

Clobbersaurus
08-31-2016, 07:18 AM
Who cares, it is uspsa legal which is what really matters....

Dude, if I could shoot USPSA, I would. IPSC is my only real option here.

Luke
08-31-2016, 07:48 AM
What is stopping you guys from shooting USPSA? If I remember correctly somewhere they just started USPSA where ipsc was at and it was going smoothly. I'll try and find the news article about it.

Sal Picante
08-31-2016, 02:15 PM
What is stopping you guys from shooting USPSA? If I remember correctly somewhere they just started USPSA where ipsc was at and it was going smoothly. I'll try and find the news article about it.

That would be the Philippines. And Jamaica. And Puerto Rico...

The trouble is that in some gun-unfriendly places IPSC rules/membership are accepted by the Gov't - like Australia, etc...
Guys that like to shoot are best advised to keep the IPSC assembly rulings/etc in mind.

I'll say that I kinda like what Vince is doing: he's trying to keep production from becoming the mad-house of customization in places where that isn't really possible. I like USPSA and I don't mind the IPSC rules.

I wish manufacturers were sometimes in better step with the "gun games", but, sigh, that isn't always possible.

We'll see how it all shakes out...

Edwin
08-31-2016, 02:23 PM
That would be the Philippines. And Jamaica. And Puerto Rico...

The trouble is that in some gun-unfriendly places IPSC rules/membership are accepted by the Gov't - like Australia, etc...
Guys that like to shoot are best advised to keep the IPSC assembly rulings/etc in mind.

I'll say that I kinda like what Vince is doing: he's trying to keep production from becoming the mad-house of customization in places where that isn't really possible. I like USPSA and I don't mind the IPSC rules.

I wish manufacturers were sometimes in better step with the "gun games", but, sigh, that isn't always possible.

We'll see how it all shakes out...

Of course they're running USPSA, Puerto Rico is part of the US. Lumping them in that sentence implies that they aren't. That's like saying FL is running USPSA like Philippines and Jamaica.

Sal Picante
08-31-2016, 09:13 PM
Of course they're running USPSA, Puerto Rico is part of the US. Lumping them in that sentence implies that they aren't. That's like saying FL is running USPSA like Philippines and Jamaica.

They used to only run IPSC matches in Caguas... Now they have IDPA, USPSA and IPSC.

Are they part of the US? ;)

Edwin
08-31-2016, 09:28 PM
🙄

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OlongJohnson
08-31-2016, 10:42 PM

Remember there's precedent for this approach in the '68 GCA, with the "sporting purpose" language that is a big problem with 922(r). If I was a Bloombertonian, that would be on my radar.

LangdonTactical
09-19-2016, 11:25 AM
OK, quick question for you guys. Dawson is being very difficult with Beretta USA on contract issues for the front sights that we want from them. So Beretta is asking about other vendors. Do you guys have any experiance with HiViz? Any other suggestions?

MSparks909
09-19-2016, 11:30 AM
Would the Wilson fiber optic front sight not work?

Bummy425
09-19-2016, 11:31 AM
OK, quick question for you guys. Dawson is being very difficult with Beretta USA on contract issues for the front sights that we want from them. So Beretta is asking about other vendors. Do you guys have any experiance with HiViz? Any other suggestions?
Sorry EL, I only have Dawsons [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

StraitR
09-19-2016, 11:32 AM
No experience with HiViz, but how about Trijicon (HD type) or Ameriglo (Pro i-dot type)?

El Cid
09-19-2016, 11:36 AM
No experience with HiViz, but how about Trijicon (HD type) or Ameriglo (Pro i-dot type)?
Put me down as a vote for the Trijicon HD's in orange. Ameriglo would be my 2nd choice.

JSGlock34
09-19-2016, 11:40 AM
Can the Ameriglo front sight you developed for the PX4 Compact Carry be adapted for the 92?

Edwin
09-19-2016, 12:51 PM
Here are the people I know who make fiber front sights:

Wilson Combat
Ameriglo
Dawson
Novak
HiViz
SDM Fabrication
Warren Tactical
Marble Arms
EGW
Caspian
Truglo
EWK Arms

SteveB
09-19-2016, 01:03 PM

No experience with HiViz, but, in addition to Dawson, I've had excellent results with F/O front sights from Wilson Combat, 10-8 and Novak's.

Wondering Beard
09-19-2016, 01:38 PM
Here are the people I know who make fiber front sights:

Wilson Combat
Ameriglo
Dawson
Novak
HiViz
SDM Fabrication
Warren Tactical
Marble Arms
EGW
Caspian
Truglo
EWK Arms

Add 10-8 to the list.

Sensei
09-19-2016, 03:52 PM

Trijicon HD / Ameriglo I-dot front is my first choice. I'm indifferent as to the Trijicon vs. AmeriGlo version of the front as I understand that Trijicom makes the lamps for the AmeriGlo version (or, at least they once did). However, I much prefer the AmeriGlo rears as the Trijicon's sharp edges kill my shirts.

LangdonTactical
09-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the feed back guys. It looks like we are going to get Ameriglo to make them for us. Same specs as what we were going to do with Dawson, just built by Ameriglow.

LockedBreech
09-19-2016, 04:33 PM
I just bought a pair of Ameriglo "Combative Application" sights for my Glock 23. Didn't want to spend a lot of money for a freakin' G23. They were about $65 and we'll see how they do. Reviews for their Operators were great, though. It'll be cool to see what they can do for Beretta.

CoGT3
09-19-2016, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the feed back guys. It looks like we are going to get Ameriglo to make them for us. Same specs as what we were going to do with Dawson, just built by Ameriglow.

Right after they replicate the PX4 CC sights for the 92 Vertec slides [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Clobbersaurus
09-19-2016, 05:17 PM

I think this is a good choice. I really liked the quality of my Ameriglo Hackathorn sights.

EVP
09-20-2016, 03:54 PM
10-8 fiber fronts?

They have beretta rear sights. I like the quality and sight picture the .115 fiber and .140 rear.

HCM
09-20-2016, 03:59 PM
Trijicon HD / Ameriglo I-dot front is my first choice. I'm indifferent as to the Trijicon vs. AmeriGlo version of the front as I understand that Trijicom makes the lamps for the AmeriGlo version (or, at least they once did). However, I much prefer the AmeriGlo rears as the Trijicon's sharp edges kill my shirts.

It's a symbiotic relationship. Trijicon does the lamps for Ameriglo and Ameriglo does the orange and green rings on the HD fronts for Trijicon.

Magsz
09-21-2016, 01:45 PM
10-8 makes one of the most robust fiber optic sights on the market. I wish the dot was a little higher in the sight blade but by design, it needs to be lower in order to beef up the blade. At this point, I would think EL has already settled on Ameriglo so further input from us is probably not necessary?

Wondering Beard
09-21-2016, 02:12 PM
+1

On both points.

LangdonTactical
09-21-2016, 02:15 PM
10-8 makes one of the most robust fiber optic sights on the market. I wish the dot was a little higher in the sight blade but by design, it needs to be lower in order to beef up the blade. At this point, I would think EL has already settled on Ameriglo so further input from us is probably not necessary?

Yes, we are moving forward with Ameriglo at this point. 10-8 makes great sights, there is no doubt. The issue is we have to work with manufacturers that are able to produce sights by the thousands at a great OEM price. Many of the shops that make great sights, like 10-8, are not set up to make 3,000 sights at a time. Nor are they set up to be competitive on pricing for OEM work.

pastaslinger
09-21-2016, 08:02 PM
Would the 92 come with 17 or 15 rounders?

johnemckenzie
10-13-2016, 05:31 PM
I sort of made my own. I think I might send it to AGW for G-conversion at some point.

http://i.imgur.com/0hJR3h2l.jpg

This picture has me drooling. I am quite excited about the 92LT! I intend to buy three of them.

EVP
10-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Question for those who have experience in shooting different Beretta models.

Is the standard slide preferred from a shootability/competition standpoint? I recall reading awhile ago that the heavier brig tac slides seemed to bounce a little more in recoil then the standard slide.

Magsz
10-17-2016, 10:14 AM
Its personal preference.

For me, with my 135 grain 9mm loads at 135k power factor and a 10lb recoil spring the brig slide is sluggish.

With my vertec slide and the same ammo and 10 lb recoil spring the slide recoils in a brisk very easy to track manner.

Lots of people are doing very well with the brig slides so again, its up to the individual.

Cory
10-31-2016, 08:41 AM
Would the 92 come with 17 or 15 rounders?

This is a great question. I hope this will have A3 magazines. The 17 round PVD affair.

-Cory

JTQ
10-31-2016, 10:01 AM
JSGlock34 has a nice review of the various Beretta mags in this thread...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?13248-Beretta-92-Magazines/page4

Edwin
10-31-2016, 11:45 AM
I would hope these ship with the Mecgar 18 rounders versus anything Beretta makes thanks to the more tapered feed lips.

357carbine
11-21-2016, 04:29 PM
Any news or updates?

Edwin
11-21-2016, 06:22 PM
I suspect we aren't going to see anything till after the PX4 Compact Carry ships due to all the delays encountered with it.

LangdonTactical
11-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Any news or updates?

There is no update, sorry. Beretta is just trying to keep up with M9s for the military (40,000 units I think), M9A3 for the commercial market (like 25,000 units on back order) and Wilson 92G Brigadier Tacticals (I think about 5,000 on back order). All this after moving the plant a couple states away.

It will be next year for sure.

JSGlock34
11-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Beretta is just trying to keep up with M9s for the military (40,000 units I think)...

So wrong that the military is continuing to buy M9s when Beretta offered them M9A3s at the same price.

farscott
11-21-2016, 08:51 PM
There is no update, sorry. Beretta is just trying to keep up with M9s for the military (40,000 units I think), M9A3 for the commercial market (like 25,000 units on back order) and Wilson 92G Brigadier Tacticals (I think about 5,000 on back order). All this after moving the plant a couple states away.

It will be next year for sure.

Nice to see that Beretta USA has issues with meeting demand as that bodes well for the long term health of the 92-series. Looking forward to the EL 92 in the new year.

Bummy425
11-21-2016, 08:55 PM
Glad I bought my Brig Tac when I did!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

DAB
11-24-2016, 10:50 AM
i have a 92 that i bought new right after the govt adopted the M9. made in Italy. it's mostly been sitting in my vault all these years for various reasons. but with the IDPA rule changes, my full size Px4 gets shoved into SSP, so i may as well shoot a full size pistol in SSP. so i took my 92 out this past week and ran it thru the new classifier to see how well i shoot it compared to my Px4. well, i shoot it better! so now i have a new found interest in this old gun. ordered some new 18 round magazines for it, and i'm considering swapping out the stock mag release button too. has the old sights, not the 3 dot configuration we are all used to, but they work for now.

Px4 still rides on my hip all day, but since the 92 and Px4 have basically the same trigger, switching between the two is pretty easy.

so thanks to IDPA for re-igniting my interest in the old gal.

Stony Lane
12-16-2016, 08:03 AM
Any news/updates on the Langdon 92?

LangdonTactical
12-16-2016, 09:47 AM
Any news/updates on the Langdon 92?

Last I heard they had some prototype slides made, but the frames are still in the works. The new factroy is really tied up with the M9 Contract.

CoGT3
12-16-2016, 11:31 AM
Last I heard they had some prototype slides made, but the frames are still in the works. The new factroy is really tied up with the M9 Contract.

I hope everything plays out well between you, BUSA, and Robar on the PX4CC project. Because I for one would love to see a similar type package once the EL 92 makes it out. Trigger job by EL, maybe install Wilson trigger bar as part of trigger job, and then NP3 treatment for the internals, trigger bar, barrel, locking block, and personally the slide also. Would end up what you could argue is the "perfect" 92, tuned by a 92 master, and coated such that it might outlast most of us. (Personally full NP3 on the slide/barrel would have a nice two tone appearance as a bonus.)

The package you worked out with Robar truly is a great deal if you start doing the math involved in purchasing a pistol with potential shipping to your FFL, shipping to and from a pistol smith for trigger job, and shipping to and from Robar for the NP3 work. The savings in shipping alone pretty much pays for the NP3 work and part of the trigger job. Well worth the wait on the PX4 and hopefully a possibility for the upcoming EL92.

LangdonTactical
12-16-2016, 01:51 PM
I hope everything plays out well between you, BUSA, and Robar on the PX4CC project. Because I for one would love to see a similar type package once the EL 92 makes it out. Trigger job by EL, maybe install Wilson trigger bar as part of trigger job, and then NP3 treatment for the internals, trigger bar, barrel, locking block, and personally the slide also. Would end up what you could argue is the "perfect" 92, tuned by a 92 master, and coated such that it might outlast most of us. (Personally full NP3 on the slide/barrel would have a nice two tone appearance as a bonus.)

The package you worked out with Robar truly is a great deal if you start doing the math involved in purchasing a pistol with potential shipping to your FFL, shipping to and from a pistol smith for trigger job, and shipping to and from Robar for the NP3 work. The savings in shipping alone pretty much pays for the NP3 work and part of the trigger job. Well worth the wait on the PX4 and hopefully a possibility for the upcoming EL92.

This is the hope for sure. It really depends on how things go with this PX4 project. If we are successful then both Beretta and Robar will be on board with doing more projects.

357carbine
12-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Best of luck!
Looking forward to a 92EL or 92LT or whatever it will be called.

stimpee
12-16-2016, 03:28 PM

I can confirm this from ground zero. We want to move it forward as quickly and as much as anyone.

Edwin
12-16-2016, 05:44 PM
I can confirm this from ground zero. We want to move it forward as quickly and as much as anyone.

Random question: Have you guys done any experimentation with slide mounted red dots like the P320RX? I know on the 92s that would be difficult with the shape and FPB, but what about the PX4?

LangdonTactical
12-16-2016, 05:51 PM
Random question: Have you guys done any experimentation with slide mounted red dots like the P320RX? I know on the 92s that would be difficult with the shape and FPB, but what about the PX4?

That is something I want to do this year. I think your right and it's a no go on the 92, but the PX4 looks like it has room for a low mount.

Edwin
12-16-2016, 06:03 PM
That is something I want to do this year. I think your right and it's a no go on the 92, but the PX4 looks like it has room for a low mount.

I don't have my PX4 slide in front of my, but I think the PX4 also has a FPB that might interfere, no? Figuring out how low we can mill to get it mounted is the part that Stimpee would be best at answering since he has access to the CAD drawings.

LangdonTactical
12-16-2016, 06:06 PM
I don't have my PX4 slide in front of my, but I think the PX4 also has a FPB that might interfere, no? Figuring out how low we can mill to get it mounted is the part that Stimpee would be best at answering since he has access to the CAD drawings.

Correct, that is the big issue. Also getting close to the extractor pin hole and the firing pin channel.

stimpee
12-16-2016, 09:50 PM
Stimpee will neither confirm nor deny the potential investigation of RDS integration. However Stimpee is an old guy with rapidly advancing Presbyopia. And red dot sights are cool and useful.

And no, I do not quite understand why I am referring to myself in third person. But it has been a long week...

:D

Hambo
12-17-2016, 07:17 AM
Dammit, Stimpee, you/re keeeeling me (say it like Ren would). Well, you and EL. We've had Henry Ford like options with Berettas for decades and now you're dropping all these options. I'm getting analysis paralysis. I'm loving the EL PX4 options, but I've got 92 mags, gear, and parts, so an EL 92 sounds like a better answer. However, I'm not getting any younger and now you're talking about optics capable PX4s that sound attractive. But will they be EL/Robar versions? Forget it, I can get by with a 92 and Trijicon HDs until you all sort that out...

Arrrrrrgh....

CoGT3
12-17-2016, 08:43 AM
Dammit, Stimpee, you/re keeeeling me (say it like Ren would). Well, you and EL. We've had Henry Ford like options with Berettas for decades and now you're dropping all these options. I'm getting analysis paralysis. I'm loving the EL PX4 options, but I've got 92 mags, gear, and parts, so an EL 92 sounds like a better answer. However, I'm not getting any younger and now you're talking about optics capable PX4s that sound attractive. But will they be EL/Robar versions? Forget it, I can get by with a 92 and Trijicon HDs until you all sort that out...

Arrrrrrgh....

Tell me about it. Was up at 5:00 with new baby and while trying to go back to sleep dreaming up ways to find the funds for 3 92 EL/LTs this upcoming year. Will make it happen if they are available.

And Stimpee, while we are looking toward the future; if you guys ever get caught up with M9A3 production, would love to see some M9A3 barrels show up for sale. I think those would disappear from the web store as fast as the G conversion kits.

Cory
12-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Tell me about it. Was up at 5:00 with new baby and while trying to go back to sleep dreaming up ways to find the funds for 3 92 EL/LTs this upcoming year. Will make it happen if they are available.

And Stimpee, while we are looking toward the future; if you guys ever get caught up with M9A3 production, would love to see some M9A3 barrels show up for sale. I think those would disappear from the web store as fast as the G conversion kits.

I did the same with my new baby at 6am, and came to the conclusion i cant afford an EL92 if they release next year. But it would depend on price and budgeting. I will have one eventually, it just might be awhile. A long while.

-Cory

Edwin
12-17-2016, 05:07 PM
I did the same with my new baby at 6am, and came to the conclusion i cant afford an EL92 if they release next year. But it would depend on price and budgeting. I will have one eventually, it just might be awhile. A long while.

-Cory

This is a serious thread drift but I have a suggestion for people like us in this situation.

If you’re one of Bank of America’s 48 million customers — not bad odds — you can sign up for their ‘Keep the Change’ automatic savings program. Here’s how it works: When you make a purchase with your debit card, it will automatically round up the purchase up to the nearest dollar and add the the difference to savings account. So, for example, if you purchase a coffee for $2.50, your card will get charged $3.00 — $2.50 will go to the coffee shop, and the extra 50 cents will be deposited into your savings account. You need to have a checking account, debit card, and savings account with Bank of America.

This is a quick and relatively painless way to start saving extra money. Just be careful not to get carried away “saving” by spending more than you ordinarily would. I made a dedicated savings account just for my Wilson Brig Tac when they were going to come out and by the time of release I had enough for one.

JSGlock34
12-17-2016, 05:44 PM

Don't bother cerakoting them FDE though. I also bet that black factory threaded barrels will sell quickly.

pastaslinger
12-18-2016, 02:06 AM
Don't bother cerakoting them FDE though. I also bet that black factory threaded barrels will sell quickly.

Things I dislike about the m9a3:
No base model in plain black, with plain non-tritium sights, with a non threaded Elite barrel

LockedBreech
12-18-2016, 02:59 AM
Things I dislike about the m9a3:
No base model in plain black, with plain non-tritium sights, with a non threaded Elite barrel

+1000

I don't intend to buy the M9A3 until I can get a black variant with no threaded barrel. I might just get an M9A1 or 92A1 and do a G conversion instead.

JSGlock34
12-18-2016, 04:23 AM
I'll be surprised if Beretta doesn't introduce the black M9A3 that Ernest has been teasing on his Instagram page next month at Shot Show. It still might take some time to get into stores, but I imagine it is on the way.

357carbine
12-18-2016, 08:42 AM
Add me to the list of those wanting a black M9A3 . They should "Henry Ford" that one!
Be funny if the army ordered some... in black.

Kyle Reese
12-25-2016, 04:18 PM
Add me to the list of those wanting a black M9A3 . They should "Henry Ford" that one!
Be funny if the army ordered some... in black.
The Army is buying a .40 caliber Canik. 😎

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Cory
01-06-2017, 03:32 PM
So who besides me is hoping that we get to see pictures of this from SHOT?

I would really love to own 2 of them. A carry/competition gun and a practice gun. I probably cant afford that, but boy do i want to.

-Cory

ReverendMeat
01-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Speaking of new Berettas, does anyone know anything about a 92FSR? 22LR with 15 round capacity, maybe a threaded barrel, never heard of it before.

JTQ
01-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Speaking of new Berettas, does anyone know anything about a 92FSR? 22LR with 15 round capacity, maybe a threaded barrel, never heard of it before.
This showed up on Beretta's website a little while back...

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/m9-22lr/

ReverendMeat
01-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I've seen those, and the M9A1 .22, but this 92FSR just popped up out of the blue (no pictures) so I'm curious what's different about it compared to the M9 22. Will probably have to wait for SHOT

Arbninftry
01-07-2017, 01:21 AM
Here is the threaded model# BEJ90A192FSRF19, the MAP is 478. and MSRP is 495. None are out yet. But they are showing as coming at the wholesalers. No pictures yet.

LHS
01-11-2017, 09:50 PM

I'd think the best option for a 92 would be something like an ALG 6-second mount.

Edwin
01-12-2017, 02:08 PM
I'd think the best option for a 92 would be something like an ALG 6-second mount.

Sadly, that's not legal for USPSA Carry Optics.

Cory
01-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Sadly, that's not legal for USPSA Carry Optics.

To date I don't think there really are any carry able optics for the 92 platform. Certainly not a practical and concealable option anyway. I haven't seen any, maybe they are out there but they certainly aren't common.

I keep trying to figure a way to buy two of these bad boys when they launch. The only thing that could possibly make this pistol better would be if the barrel was darkened. And that's just a personal preference. To me, this will really be the ultimate 92. I can't wait to see some pictures of proto-types, videos of shooting, and get my hands on one.

-Cory

CoGT3
01-19-2017, 10:03 PM
EL, once you recover from SHOT, would love to know if you got any updates on the EL 92 project while in Vegas.

LangdonTactical
01-20-2017, 10:43 AM
EL, once you recover from SHOT, would love to know if you got any updates on the EL 92 project while in Vegas.

I was told at the show that the prototype slides had been done. Waiting on the Frames. Considering the backlog for the M9A3 and the Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical, they are in no rush. There are at least 20,000 M9A3s on back order.

I do hope that we have something to show at the NRA Annual Convention in April.

DAB
01-20-2017, 01:40 PM
waiting for my Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical.....c'mon guys!!!

WobblyPossum
01-20-2017, 02:13 PM
Maybe the Langdon 92 will be available before one of the dealers with LE pricing I'm waitlisted with gets an M9A3G in stock.

Jeep
01-20-2017, 03:39 PM
There are at least 20,000 M9A3s on back order.

Not too shabby for a pistol the Army treated the way vampires treat crucifixes.

Cory
01-20-2017, 04:24 PM
I was told at the show that the prototype slides had been done. Waiting on the Frames. Considering the backlog for the M9A3 and the Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical, they are in no rush. There are at least 20,000 M9A3s on back order.

This is the pistol i've really been waiting for. I can't wait to see the prototypes. I'm definitely getting one, and i hope I can get two.

-Cory

CoGT3
01-20-2017, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the update. I'm guessing after 20k m9a3 and 5k BT any kinks in the new factory will be worked out.

Should be about the perfect 92 for most of us floating around this sight. Also leaves more time to practice with the PX4 cc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro