PDA

View Full Version : Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

einherjarvalk
11-14-2018, 05:26 PM
Good to know; I couldn't find that info on the site and the dimensions for the Classic set made me think they were thinner. I might go with the stock fiber optics and consider a switch to Spartans later.

LangdonTactical
11-14-2018, 05:52 PM
Good to know; I couldn't find that info on the site and the dimensions for the Classic set made me think they were thinner. I might go with the stock fiber optics and consider a switch to Spartans later.

Good Plan!

BobRockefeller
11-14-2018, 07:36 PM
I am pretty sure we are already over the 2K mark.

That would be great. I'm hoping to see it show up on the USPSA Production list soon!

LOKNLOD
11-14-2018, 08:36 PM

I will say this - I'm a big fan of the Spartan-style sights, with those on a couple Glocks, or something very similar on most all my guns. I was sort of regretting not requesting them when I bought my LTT. But the LTT fiber optics are about damn near the perfect sight! It is a great sight picture.

Ernest, you should get a matching fiber set for PX4s. My Fullsize needs some :cool:

einherjarvalk
11-14-2018, 09:04 PM
I will say this - I'm a big fan of the Spartan-style sights, with those on a couple Glocks, or something very similar on most all my guns. I was sort of regretting not requesting them when I bought my LTT. But the LTT fiber optics are about damn near the perfect sight! It is a great sight picture.

This has been my internal monologue and an ongoing discussion with a friend of mine for a couple months now. Both of us have slowly been shifting our carry guns over to black rear/thin red FO fronts, but the quality of the Amerglo Bolds on my G19.5 have had me wavering. Glad I'm not the only one who's had this dillemma.

beenalongtime
11-15-2018, 02:13 AM

Good Plan!

Better plan, 2nd gun with the Spartan's. (train gun/carry gun)

LangdonTactical, Any chance Ameriglo and you are working on PX4 Spartan rears, or do I need to send some more to Tooltech?

einherjarvalk
11-15-2018, 03:56 AM
Pulled the trigger on mine just now. Looking forward to getting it in hand - with any luck I can wear it home next Thursday as a BBQ gun. :D

Newportl
11-15-2018, 11:50 AM
Couldn't resist given the deal...ordered! Look forward to putting this through the paces when it arrives. I've moved to TDA full time on the P07 platform, so I think I'll take to the 92 quickly.

LangdonTactical
11-15-2018, 06:40 PM
Better plan, 2nd gun with the Spartan's. (train gun/carry gun)

LangdonTactical, Any chance Ameriglo and you are working on PX4 Spartan rears, or do I need to send some more to Tooltech?

I don't know if they are or not. I have seen some white outline three dot sights on Compact Carry guns that customers have sent in, but not sure how they got that way.

It's a good idea, I am sure they would sell well.

JSGlock34
11-15-2018, 06:52 PM
Quick question, what's the front sight width on the Spartans? I've seen both .125" and .140" in various places.

Ameriglo has produced .125 front sights for the Vertec in the past under the Pro-Glo line, but they're not a regular item. They sold a small number in various colors on Ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beretta-Vertec-ProGlo-Front-Tritium-Night-Sight-/132537800062?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720) through their factory direct store earlier this year. I picked up a front sight in yellow - the model number was listed as BR-218G - in anticipation of purchasing a LTT92. But when I finally picked up the LTT I decided to stick with the (awesome) fiber optic sights. I'm not quite sure what rear sight would be appropriate to pair with the ProGlo front.

What is it about .140 high-vis front sights? Are they easier to manufacture? Cheaper? I'd much prefer to see more .125 high-vis front sights for the 92 and 1911.

dtrice
11-15-2018, 10:02 PM
Did anyone notice this today? Saw this and was was thinking an inox /np3 mag guide and magazine base plate would look great. Anyone tried those?

einherjarvalk
11-15-2018, 11:56 PM
Since I'm sure I'm not the only one jumping on this right now, just a heads up that Beretta USA started their Black Friday sales and 15 round OEM mags are currently $19.99 each. Use code BFWELCOME for an extra 10% off and free shipping, which effectively makes them $17.99 each shipped.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-92fs-magazine-9mm-stainless-steel-look-15rd/c85993/

I'm probably gonna get Mec-Gars to form the bulk of my mag stash, but I couldn't resist grabbing a couple more OEMs at that price.

Newportl
11-16-2018, 10:57 AM
mags.

Was just wandering over to ask this very question. Thank you.

Inkwell 41
11-16-2018, 06:58 PM
Ameriglo has produced .125 front sights for the Vertec in the past under the Pro-Glo line, but they're not a regular item. They sold a small number in various colors on Ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beretta-Vertec-ProGlo-Front-Tritium-Night-Sight-/132537800062?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720) through their factory direct store earlier this year. I picked up a front sight in yellow - the model number was listed as BR-218G - in anticipation of purchasing a LTT92. But when I finally picked up the LTT I decided to stick with the (awesome) fiber optic sights. I'm not quite sure what rear sight would be appropriate to pair with the ProGlo front.

What is it about .140 high-vis front sights? Are they easier to manufacture? Cheaper? I'd much prefer to see more .125 high-vis front sights for the 92 and 1911.

High vis? .125 wide? What's not to love? Hears hoping Ameiglo makes more.

farscott
11-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Pulled the trigger on mine just now. Looking forward to getting it in hand - with any luck I can wear it home next Thursday as a BBQ gun. :D

Today I did the same on my third. This one has the NP3-finished parts and the Spartan sights, and I plan to use it as a carry gun. The LTT Elite is amazingly easy to shoot well. My big issue right now is occasionally failing to decock before holstering. Twice in the last three range sessions after shooting on the timer, I found the gun cocked when I placed my thumb on the hammer prior to holstering. More than four years with P30 LEM and Glock pistols is my guess. More practice is the order of the day.

172driver
11-16-2018, 10:21 PM
Today I did the same on my third. This one has the NP3-finished parts and the Spartan sights, and I plan to use it as a carry gun. The LTT Elite is amazingly easy to shoot well. My big issue right now is occasionally failing to decock before holstering. Twice in the last three range sessions after shooting on the timer, I found the gun cocked when I placed my thumb on the hammer prior to holstering. More than four years with P30 LEM and Glock pistols is my guess. More practice is the order of the day.

Please report back on your observations between the NP3 version versus the others.

einherjarvalk
11-17-2018, 01:04 AM
I spent a solid chunk of today hunting around for holsters for the LTT Elite and have come up short, even with a trip to GT Distributors in the itinerary.

Are there any off-the-shelf leather pancake holsters that one can recommend for occasional use? I'm eyeing a proper RHT competition holster for range use, but kinda want something I can just throw on under a jacket. I've been looking at the Bianchi 7 Shadow II #18656 and the Safariland 328-73, but neither of those are showing up in Safariland's fit guide at all so I can't even be sure they'll fit an M9A1 frame.

Dorsai
11-17-2018, 03:05 AM
I have the DeSantis Speed Scabbard for a number of different guns. They don't have one specifically for the Elite, but they do for the 92A1. One of the nice things about a leather holster is that its fit is "flexible" in that just because it was made for a different gun doesn't mean it won't fit just fine. As an example, when I first got an M&P9, I couldn't find a holster for it. I got one that was made for either a Taurus (that is no longer made) or a Springfield Armory XD or XDM. The name isn't marked on the back and I can't determine the gun from the code number. Anyway, I've used that holster for the M&P and a Glock 19. I just pulled it out of holster drawer #1 (I have 4 full of holsters..at least!) and my recently acquired LTT Elite fits just fine too. The M9 fits, but has a little wobble because it doesn't have the light rail. Yes, the last 3/4" of muzzle and slide stick out the bottom. Big deal. And because the Speed Scabbard is a pancake style and the belt loops pull it in to the body, it works just fine. In this case, since DeSantis makes a Speed Scabbard for the 92A1, those dimensional differences between the 92A1 and M9A1 won't make a bit of difference in a leather holster.

einherjarvalk
11-17-2018, 04:02 AM
I have the DeSantis Speed Scabbard for a number of different guns. They don't have one specifically for the Elite, but they do for the 92A1. One of the nice things about a leather holster is that its fit is "flexible" in that just because it was made for a different gun doesn't mean it won't fit just fine. As an example, when I first got an M&P9, I couldn't find a holster for it. I got one that was made for either a Taurus (that is no longer made) or a Springfield Armory XD or XDM. The name isn't marked on the back and I can't determine the gun from the code number. Anyway, I've used that holster for the M&P and a Glock 19. I just pulled it out of holster drawer #1 (I have 4 full of holsters..at least!) and my recently acquired LTT Elite fits just fine too. The M9 fits, but has a little wobble because it doesn't have the light rail. Yes, the last 3/4" of muzzle and slide stick out the bottom. Big deal. And because the Speed Scabbard is a pancake style and the belt loops pull it in to the body, it works just fine. In this case, since DeSantis makes a Speed Scabbard for the 92A1, those dimensional differences between the 92A1 and M9A1 won't make a bit of difference in a leather holster.

Excellent, that looks like pretty much exactly what I want. Did you have to break your Speed Scabbard in at all? This is my first time dabbling in leather instead of kydex, so I'm not sure how common that is.

Dorsai
11-17-2018, 04:12 AM
No break in. The leather "may" be a little tight at first, but I can't honestly remember it ever being an issue. But it's thin leather, so if it needs to stretch a little, it will be quick. In this case however, since the 92A1 is dimensionally a little larger than the M9A1 frame of the LTT, it should fit very nicely. In another example of making do, I couldn't find a holster for my M&P Shield when I first got it. The DeSantis mini scabbard for a G26 worked great. It fits like it was made for the Shield. Simply because I had it on my belt at the time and I was going to carry my Glock19, I stuck it in the holster. Because it was originally made for the G26, it fit fine. I think that the pancake holster is very forgiving of fit because the "wings" and belt slots at the extreme outer edges allows it to adjust the tension to fit the gun. Using an oversized holster with a single belt loop in the middle would be a different story. That holster depends on a tight fit or a thumb snap, like the old Bianchi #19.

farscott
11-17-2018, 08:14 AM
I spent a solid chunk of today hunting around for holsters for the LTT Elite and have come up short, even with a trip to GT Distributors in the itinerary.

Are there any off-the-shelf leather pancake holsters that one can recommend for occasional use? I'm eyeing a proper RHT competition holster for range use, but kinda want something I can just throw on under a jacket. I've been looking at the Bianchi 7 Shadow II #18656 and the Safariland 328-73, but neither of those are showing up in Safariland's fit guide at all so I can't even be sure they'll fit an M9A1 frame.

Not quite off-the-shelf, but Milt Sparks will build holsters for the guns. I have two VM-2 holsters for the Brigadier Tactical and those fit my LTT Elites. The Sparks pancake design is the I-BAK.

SW CQB 45
11-17-2018, 11:05 AM
I used an el cheapo thumb break leather holster for a G21 and it worked for my LTT. It was shaving leather from the front sight and I kept having to sweep it off.

I too was in the market for a holster (LTT) and was looking for something more range than CC. I almost bought a Comp Tac for an M9A1 off of gunbroker.

I like Warbird leather and after numerous email conversations with him, I ordered his Range holster and double mag pouch for the LTT. It will be black rough side out. For some reason....I am into leather these days. Hopefully in about 6 weeks....I will be sporting it. I will eventually buy me a JMCK OWB to supplement the Warbird.

if you go to post #2 (holsters #8 and #9) are his Range Holsters for a 1911. I am not fancy...so mine will be rough side out in all black.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=976424

Bucky
11-17-2018, 12:55 PM
Wouldn’t the LTT Elite fit any M9A1, Vertec, or M9A3 holster?

Bigghoss
11-17-2018, 05:37 PM

I just got a Safariland Vertec holster. Someone send me an Elite III and I'll try it out. :D

BobRockefeller
11-17-2018, 06:58 PM

The LTT website FAQ agrees:

"Any M9A1, M9A3 or Vertec holster will work with the Elite LTT"

Dorsai
11-17-2018, 07:29 PM
I am a relatively recent convert to the Beretta 92, thanks to Dagga Boy, Bob Moran, Plasticman, etc. This time, I think I'm done and I won't be adding any. Older used Beretta 92 that appears identical to the M9 except for the model stampings, and as of last night, a Langdon Elite LTT with a Langdon trigger job. I got a very good deal on the Ber92 and therefore added Wilson Combat Ultra Slim grips, Langdon Trigger-in-a-bag, WC extended mag release and a G conversion kit. The LTT was noticeably smoother with an even better DA and SA trigger pull. I had been impressed by what those few parts did to the Ber92, so it says something that the LTT is even better. I went to the range today and did the Langdon warmup dot drill with both guns.
At 5 yards
DA only, 10 rds
SA only, 10 rds
DA/SA, 10 rds
SA only, 2 strings of 5 rds with 1 second splits or better

It was my first time trying this drill and the first time shooting the LTT. Strangely, the group doing the SA only 5 shot strings was one large hole and tighter than the slow fire SA only. On a couple of the drills, the Ber92 shot tighter than the LTT. I think it is the larger cut in the rear sight of the LTT allowing more light on either side. It is faster, but harder to be as accurate.

No ammo issues with either gun. S&B FMJ, last of the Wolf steel case, Winchester Service Grade (FMJ-FP) and my carry ammo, Federal 147gr HST.

BobRockefeller
11-18-2018, 12:26 PM
I think it is the larger cut in the rear sight of the LTT allowing more light on either side. It is faster, but harder to be as accurate.

It's interresting that you mention this. I have an M9A1 with a Vertec slide and Wilson Combat sights (u-notch battlesight rear and FP front) and an Elite LTT with FO front sight. The LTT is looser. But I'm still not sure if the narrower front post on the LTT allows for better accuracy at "longer" distances, or not.

GyroF-16
11-18-2018, 12:50 PM
It's interresting that you mention this. I have an M9A1 with a Vertec slide and Wilson Combat sights (u-notch battlesight rear and FP front) and an Elite LTT with FO front sight. The LTT is looser. But I'm still not sure if the narrower front post on the LTT allows for better accuracy at "longer" distances, or not.

I have an Elite LTT w/ FO front sight. I find that when I “throw” a shot outside of the main group at 15 yds and beyond in slow fire, it’s high or low. So the issue for me is elevation, not azimuth. My sense is that the FO front sight makes it a bit more difficult to judge “equal height” compared to the bold squares of the traditional night sights on my other 92s.
But, the trade-off is that the FO sight is notably faster for quick first shots, and follow-ups - so it’s working well for me in IDPA.

Dorsai
11-18-2018, 01:12 PM
AFTER I posted my comments, I saw this thread and watched Voigt's video https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?33706-Tips-from-Michael-Voigt.

His video brought it all into context. Voigt talks about accuracy in the context of competition and scoring where your goal is to get the necessary hits as fast as you can in the box where all hits score the same, whether they are 4" apart or 1/2". And to achieve that, a wider notch in the rear sight is an asset because it fools the eye/brain into allowing some acceptable misalignment. Whereas a narrow notch, with less light on either side of the front sight induces a misalignment slowdown. Watch the video, it makes sense.

I don't think the LTT is less accurate than the Ber92. The original sights have a narrower notch, so for an exercise which emphasizes pure accuracy over speed and a more generous target box, the smaller notch makes it easier to get an exact alignment. Context is an important thing to remember and understanding it makes me happier with the sights on the LTT. They are better for shooting faster and keeping acceptable accuracy on a target box vs. shooting for precision at a target dot.

I enjoy learning something new. The Ber92 has taught me to actually try something and gain practical experience over just a logical analysis that is purely mental. Specifically, I've been of the opinion that a 3 dot sight is inherently easier to shoot accurately because the dots allow accurate alignment both vertically and horizontally, while dot over dot is good for horizontal alignment, but allows vertical slop. Theoretically, yes, but in the month (I know, short time) I've been shooting the Ber92 (approx 500rds, plus a lot of dry practice), the two dots align quickly and I haven't experienced a vertical displacement. I've been shooting for over 50 years now and I'm still learning!

rcbusmc24
11-18-2018, 01:45 PM
Well Mr. Langdon......Your sale offer sucked me in.... I just placed a order for a second LTT with a trigger job, the first one has been awesome, so with the sale on I figured "why not.... It's only money...":cool:

LangdonTactical
11-19-2018, 11:40 PM
Well Mr. Langdon......Your sale offer sucked me in.... I just placed a order for a second LTT with a trigger job, the first one has been awesome, so with the sale on I figured "why not.... It's only money...":cool:

I am glad you took advantage. I mean, it is a really good deal. Free trigger job and free shipping adds up to about $200 off the normal price for most people. Shipping from anywhere is normally $35 at least, level two trigger job is $165 from me, which includes the Wilson Trigger Bar and CS hammer Spring. Just shipping and parts your over $100 under MAP pricing.

It really is a great deal. We are not losing money on this, but we damn sure are not making much. It really is a big thank you to everyone that has helped us, a nudge to push people over the fence they have been on and an honest marketing push as well.

Think about it for sure, if you on the fence it really is a great deal.

DoubleD
11-20-2018, 01:26 AM
Try as I might I also couldn’t resist the discount & ordered my 2nd Elite LTT. The first one is a very sweet pistol & I think Mr. Langdon has enhanced & integrated the qualities that makes this Beretta what it should be. I have a Sig 220 & a Sig 245 that Mr. Langdon worked on in the 90’s. They are very smooth but the LTT I received is superior.

TX_Southpaw
11-20-2018, 01:57 AM
Thank you so much for doing this, and thank you for keeping the offer open for over a week. It eliminates the "I missed the 1 day sale" excuse.

I'm so glad LTT did this before Black Friday, this is how I'm choosing to spend my Black Friday cash. On Black Friday there's a lot of chaos, and sometimes I spend my budget before the smaller companies send out their emails.

After I purchased my first LTT Elite, now I want to start replacing some of my WC VZ grips with the LTT grips. I'm using this opportunity to do that.

echo5charlie
11-20-2018, 02:57 PM
I also could not resist the temptation and this morning placed an order for an LTT with trigger job and Spartan sights. I already have tracking and it looks like I will have an awesome Black Friday!

Now I just need Mr. Langdon to host a class in the Virginia area in 2019 and I’ll be set!

Mitch
11-20-2018, 03:08 PM
I couldn’t decide between a LTT Elite or a PX4cc. So I didn’t. Ordered both with a trigger job. Thanks for the amazing deal Ernest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wmu12071
11-20-2018, 03:14 PM
I couldn’t decide between a LTT Elite or a PX4cc. So I didn’t. Ordered both with a trigger job. Thanks for the amazing deal Ernest!

Fair warning, they were waiting on a shipment of PX4cc guns so you may not see an immediate turn around. Rumor had it they would receive guns this week.

Mitch
11-20-2018, 03:23 PM
Fair warning, they were waiting on a shipment of PX4cc guns so you may not see an immediate turn around. Rumor had it they would receive guns this week.

Oh, bummer. Oh well, I’m not in a rush. Thanks for the heads up.

wmu12071
11-20-2018, 03:45 PM
Oh, bummer. Oh well, I’m not in a rush. Thanks for the heads up.

I had to call for something else so they told me. Now I'm wearing out the refresh button on the order status screen. I love good DA/SA guns.

LangdonTactical
11-20-2018, 05:09 PM

True, we ran out of the PX4CCs, but tracking says they will be here tomorrow.

einherjarvalk
11-20-2018, 05:41 PM
Got my LTT Elite today - this is by far the nicest firearm in my collection now. Huge kudos to Ernest and Aimee for getting it out so quickly. Mine looks to be a relatively low serial number from back before Beretta stopped staking the front sights, but as long as it shoots POA/POI it probably won't ever matter.

Quick question - what is the exact hex head size on the grip screws? I ordered a set of replacement grips with the gun and got them installed but I can't for the life of me tell whether they're Torx or Hex and what size is correct. I'm guessing there's no prescribed torque value either due to the o-rings used and that it should just go on hand-tight?

EDIT: Just popped the hood open since I saw some small metal flakes through the ejection port - is finish flaking like this normal? There's a bit of similar flaking on one of the guide rails, but not as significant as it is here. I know on my HKs this whole area is polished smooth, so I'm wondering if this is just part of break-in.

https://i.imgur.com/AcBfRM9l.jpg

SW CQB 45
11-20-2018, 06:04 PM
I would shoot it!!!!!!

wmu12071
11-20-2018, 06:13 PM
True, we ran out of the PX4CCs, but tracking says they will be here tomorrow.

Cool, thanks for the update.

farscott
11-20-2018, 06:17 PM
The grip screw size is a 2-mm hex (Allen). I have also used a 5/64" Allen wrench.

Arbninftry
11-20-2018, 06:48 PM
Got my LTT Elite today - this is by far the nicest firearm in my collection now. Huge kudos to Ernest and Aimee for getting it out so quickly. Mine looks to be a relatively low serial number from back before Beretta stopped staking the front sights, but as long as it shoots POA/POI it probably won't ever matter.

Quick question - what is the exact hex head size on the grip screws? I ordered a set of replacement grips with the gun and got them installed but I can't for the life of me tell whether they're Torx or Hex and what size is correct. I'm guessing there's no prescribed torque value either due to the o-rings used and that it should just go on hand-tight?

EDIT: Just popped the hood open since I saw some small metal flakes through the ejection port - is finish flaking like this normal? There's a bit of similar flaking on one of the guide rails, but not as significant as it is here. I know on my HKs this whole area is polished smooth, so I'm wondering if this is just part of break-in.

take a Qtip t it, that might be powder from the test fire. looks kind of like powder residue. Maybe not, just thinking out loud.

MSparks909
11-20-2018, 08:24 PM
It’s normal. Shoot it and it’ll continue to wear in some

Newportl
11-21-2018, 01:33 PM
New to the platform, what's a good spare parts kit to keep on hand?

einherjarvalk
11-21-2018, 02:17 PM
New to the platform, what's a good spare parts kit to keep on hand?

Beretta conveniently sells a complete "spare parts kit" for the 92/96 on their site: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-kit-spare-parts-for-pistols-92-series/ek68615/

I don't think you necessarily need everything in there - the plastic guide rod and magazine parts would probably be the first things I'd cut - but it's a good place to start. I'm sure some of the more experienced 92 aficionados will chime in with extra things to remove/add from that list.

JSGlock34
11-21-2018, 04:30 PM
This is probably overkill, but at $29.99...

BERETTA 92 96 M9 FACTORY PARTS KIT 19 PIECE (https://www.cdnnsports.com/beretta-92-96-m9-factory-parts-kit-18-piece.html#.W_XOAS3MzOQ)

https://www.cdnnsports.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/600x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/e/xberk3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.NiDEvNdLmU.jpg

Lacks springs (trigger, slide release, recoil spring) though.

farscott
11-21-2018, 05:17 PM
My kit is pretty small:

1) recoil springs
2) locking blocks
3) A spare G-decocker kit (not that the parts need service; I am more likely to lose them during a detail strip)

Bucky
11-21-2018, 08:52 PM
A trigger return spring and trigger bar spring will need replacement long before a locking block, in my experience.

einherjarvalk
11-22-2018, 12:21 AM
Did a quick teardown to do a proper lube (lots of ALG 000 Grease, which seems to be slicking it all up right) and noticed a couple more rough areas I'm wondering about. There's some roughness in the bore, (https://i.imgur.com/wTadiwV.jpg) but that's not the most concerning issue (though if anyone else's looks like that and it hasn't caused any issues, some reassurance would be appreciated).

Of more concern to me is the locking block. One side's rails look perfectly clean with excellent machining, while the other looks a bit rough. Is this something I should be concerned about function-wise, or is this normal with Berettas?

https://i.imgur.com/kI9X9fDl.jpg https://i.imgur.com/T7Q0rKYl.jpg

Jared
11-22-2018, 06:05 AM
Did a quick teardown to do a proper lube (lots of ALG 000 Grease, which seems to be slicking it all up right) and noticed a couple more rough areas I'm wondering about. There's some roughness in the bore, (https://i.imgur.com/wTadiwV.jpg) but that's not the most concerning issue (though if anyone else's looks like that and it hasn't caused any issues, some reassurance would be appreciated).

Of more concern to me is the locking block. One side's rails look perfectly clean with excellent machining, while the other looks a bit rough. Is this something I should be concerned about function-wise, or is this normal with Berettas?

https://i.imgur.com/kI9X9fDl.jpg https://i.imgur.com/T7Q0rKYl.jpg

Looks ok to me, I'd just shoot the gun and drive on.

LangdonTactical
11-22-2018, 10:54 AM

That's normal, the finish is wearing off where the hammer rubs.

Like any gun, there are going to be wear points and machining marks in places on the gun. Best bet is to just shoot it and not try to inspect every little spot inside and out of the gun. Range time will tell the story for you.

LangdonTactical
11-22-2018, 10:59 AM

And I did not answer the first question. It is a 2mm hex for the grip screw.

SW CQB 45
11-22-2018, 03:17 PM
Happy Thanksgiving

12 lbs Turkey
Sub 8 lbs press LTT

https://i.imgur.com/5IU0ecD.jpg

revchuck38
11-22-2018, 07:40 PM
Noice!

ROLL612
11-22-2018, 08:22 PM
Said I wasn’t going to buy anymore guns this year. Then the sale/free shipping got me. :D

TX_Southpaw
11-24-2018, 03:38 AM
I was certain that I'd buy a PX4 CC with LTT trigger Job. With this sale, the 92 savings were too big, I walked away with my 2nd LTT Elite.

I guess the PX4 CC will wait some more. Haha

KneeShot
11-25-2018, 12:22 PM
Finally received mine a few weeks ago. It was one of the 2 earlier serial numbers that were missing at Beretta. (LT did kindly offer to replace it w/ a different gun but I decided to wait). Than my FFL was out of town!

Sweet shooter. I’m not sure if it is new gun excitement but I swear the gun cycles faster than my Glock 17, it could also be the weight, fiber optic front sight and smooth trigger.

It will definitely take me a few thousand rounds to re-adapt myself to the double action press out and beautiful single action trigger pull. I have let a few rounds off too early on target transitions in single action.

First shots were a cold 25yd freestyle w/ a 74 1-X. Not spectacular on my part but the gun is definitely able.

Zero complaints.

1 observation - the roll marks are uneven in some places. Iam guessing it is the finish/coating. It’s a shooter not a safe queen so it doesn’t matter!

Thanks to LT for making this gun available to the shooting community.

einherjarvalk
11-25-2018, 11:50 PM
1 observation - the roll marks are uneven in some places. Iam guessing it is the finish/coating.

I think that's exactly what it is. There's a little bit of uneven coating buildup in my cocking serrations as well.

I got mine to the range this weekend and was floored. I definitely need some work on shooting at speed, but in slow fire the Elite LTT beats out every other gun I've owned thus far. A group of shooters I'm in does a winter postal match every year, in which the course of fire is simply 50 rounds at a B-27 target at 15 yards, with the win going to the highest score and most X-ring hits. Last year, I shot a 499/33 using my G19.4 + RMR and came in second after shooting for score a couple dozen times before I got a target I was satisfied with. The win went to someone who gamed the competition using an S&W SW22 with a mounted red dot - he shot the same overall score but had more X-ring hits. This year, to keep optics users from dominating again and ensure people weren't using rimfire guns to make things too easy, the divisions were split into "duty" and "open."

After my first attempt shooting for score this year with the Elite LTT, I don't think the new restrictions will be much of a hindrance at all.

https://i.imgur.com/KW0dL4jl.jpg

Dorsai
11-25-2018, 11:59 PM
I've been doing a lot of dry practice at home, probably a hundred or more trigger presses a day, more DA than SA. I'm finding the sweet spot for my finger placement on the trigger so the DA press doesn't disturb the sight alignment. For me, it's actually the middle of the first pad. Even a touch more toward the tip. On other, heavier DA guns, including revolvers, I've got more finger on the trigger due to a stiffer pull, but the LTT DA trigger press is just that good. Anyway, the more times I practice the placement and the press, the faster it gets. My goal is to keep reinforcing and becoming comfortable with a good trigger press between range sessions. I have a tendency to slow down a bit when putting holes in the paper to make sure they are going where intended. Slower than dry practice. My goal is to get the same speed. I don't practice just the DA though, I also do a lot of slide racking and reset to a SA press to work on the DA to SA transition.

einherjarvalk
11-26-2018, 01:36 AM
A couple of dumb questions while I peruse Cyber Monday deals:

Is the threaded barrel for standard Beretta 92s drop-in with these? Nothing I've seen suggests it wouldn't be but I figure it can't hurt to ask.
Are there any special weights/properties to the springs used in the LTT trigger jobs aside from the hammer spring? I'm wanting to snag some extra recoil springs and trigger springs and want to make sure part numbers C90198 and CP1519 are what I'll need to keep the current "fresh from Mr. Langdon's workbench" feel.

falar
11-26-2018, 05:39 PM
I just came across this thread doing a search and signed up so I can post.

I had also only just recently learned of the Elite LTT. I learned of it on youtube no less while watching a video about the Brigadier Tactical because it was recommending a video from the same guy doing a comparison to the LTT.

I didn't get my first Beretta until '08 so I missed out on the Elite, Elite IA, Elite II, etc. I wasn't going to miss out this time so I ordered two because in my mind two is one and one is none. My only regret is that I didn't get the Spartan sights on both! The trigger is amazing and the package is great, the sharp point near the mag release always dug into my middle finger. No more. I love the M9A3 but I don't really care for "soft" grips and the wraparound are a necessity for me (I am a big guy) yet the "sides" of that grip I feel add unnecessary girth. The LTT is a perfect grip right out of the box.

I agree with what Mr. Langdon posted earlier. You will NEVER please everyone. If 12 enthusiasts spec'd out their "perfect" Beretta you'd get 13 answers. In my opinion though there is no "one gun" if you enjoy a platform. I'm not getting rid of my Brigadier Tactical or my M9A3. I'll still shoot and enjoy them as well. I still think the LTT has the best out-of-the-box features and can be ordered with an excellent trigger and sights, something I am not used to in a 92 having just owned more "pedestrian" models like the M9, 92FS, or 92A1 for most of the last 10 years. One of the things I really like about Berettas are the chrome-lined barrels. Is the stainless barrel a bit of a downer to me? Sure, but everything else overrides that by a huge margin. Besides, the M9A3 barrels are available as a part now and I've already got one on the way since I prefer my 9MMs to be suppressor-ready anyway.

If for some reason I was limited to "just one" then yes, it'd be the LTT. The trigger, ergonomics, and overall package are just that good. It is a "shooter's package' through and through. I will say the shipping and communication from Aimee at LTT was extremely on-point as well; the whole process was extremely fast and straightforward even though I made a mistake in the ordering process.

FYI, I saw the posts about SNs being all over the place. If 300-400 range guns have been received in months past I just received 21x and 28x. I wonder what the highest seen in the wild or the lowest still available is?

SW CQB 45
11-26-2018, 10:33 PM
I am very discreet and dont dress my vehicle with stickers....but I like my piece and thought I would advertise with only a select few knowing what this meant.

I went to install not realizing my sticker had a fold in the middle.

DOINKED it up. It fits my beater 2006 daily driver. :(

https://i.imgur.com/JXMNpWxh.jpg

MSparks909
11-27-2018, 11:37 AM
Garand Thumb’s LTT Elite Review is live. Thought it was very well done and represented the LTT 92 well:

https://youtu.be/RtuKv-huTlQ

Guerrero
11-27-2018, 12:01 PM
I've been kinda-sorta following this thread, and I have a question. It may just be an optical illusion, but why does the Elite LTT 92 looks smaller than a standard 92? I always had the impression that the 92 was a chunkier gun, but these pictures make the Elite LTT look pretty svelte.

JimLob65
11-27-2018, 12:17 PM
I've been kinda-sorta following this thread, and I have a question. It may just be an optical illusion, but why does the Elite LTT 92 looks smaller than a standard 92? I always had the impression that the 92 was a chunkier gun, but these pictures make the Elite LTT look pretty svelte.

The grips are thinner and the barrel is shorter, but other than that it is basically a standard 92 size-wise.

falar
11-27-2018, 05:47 PM

The grips and .2" off the barrel are just that effective at giving that illusion.

Elite barrels are 4.65" in actuality though. At least all of the ones I've measured to include my LTTs anyway.

Vista461
11-27-2018, 07:12 PM
Held an LTT today for the first time at Cabelas. I hope I can find a way to afford one. Would’ve been nice if they would take the trigger lock off, but it is cabelas.
If I can’t find the budget for one I guess I’ll just put a D spring and LTT grips on an M9A1 and pretend. Lol.

echo5charlie
11-27-2018, 09:19 PM
My LTT with spartan sights and trigger job arrived at work today.

Wow. Just wow.

I was sure the BrigTac was going to be my TDA gun to learn on earlier this year. Too chunky for EDC so i put it on the back burner. I'm glad I did. The LTT is (surprise) just what Mr. Langdon explains it to be.

I was unsure if the ultra thin grips would be too thin for me. So far they are OK, but live fire will tell the truth. With the slide stop lever being well exposed I may need to concoct a "stealth" version, I have a hard enough time with it using normal grip panels as it is.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to running a few hundred rounds through it tomorrow morning.

PS - Mr. Langdon, if you could get a Tactical Pistol Skills class going in the mid-Atlantic area this year, I'd be all in.

JSGlock34
11-27-2018, 11:41 PM
Is the threaded barrel for standard Beretta 92s drop-in with these? Nothing I've seen suggests it wouldn't be but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

The M9A3 barrel works drops-in just fine.

einherjarvalk
11-28-2018, 02:23 AM

Excellent. Might grab one from the Beretta store next time they have a sale. In the meantime, I figure I can keep myself occupied playing dress-up and swapping from black grips to green grips and back again.

falar
11-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Excellent. Might grab one from the Beretta store next time they have a sale. In the meantime, I figure I can keep myself occupied playing dress-up and swapping from black grips to green grips and back again.

I grabbed a couple in the 30% off sale that just ran.

There is a 20% off code still active.

Two of them should get here today and I'm dropping one in my LTT w/Spartan sights.

Cory
11-28-2018, 09:26 PM

It's not small. The Elite's grips are the true difference for me. They are so much thinner that it makes it eniterly different in the hand and visually.

- Cory

falar
11-28-2018, 10:46 PM
Just dropped those barrels into one of my Elite LTTs and my just-arrived Brigadier Tactical

Yung
12-01-2018, 11:17 AM
At my local range for a class earlier this week, one of the employees mentioned that there was a single base model arriving on Monday. I'll come visit them again after the weekend to see it, though I think it may likely be snatched up by then. Come to think of it while I type this, I could have just gone to Arizona Firearms location in Tempe to see and dry-fire Ernest's guns. I may just do that instead today.

In that same conversation Garand Thumb's video (the one posted in this thread by MSparks909) was also brought up, and that it would be a social media boost.

CoGT3
12-01-2018, 06:03 PM

Couldn't resist 30% off an Inox M9A3 barrel from the web store. I also jumped on the Thanksgiving trigger job deal. Waiting for more NP3 parts so it will be a couple of weeks before I will have it in my greedy hands. I got to play with a LTT at his course in FL. The frame relief around the mag release is very noticeable compared to my WC Cen Tac, the full carry bevel frames where even better.

The M9A3 threaded barrel is very nice! Crown is slightly recessed and with the thread protector even more protected. O ring on the barrel with a recess in the thread protector. OD of the thread protector matches the barrel so you can disassemble with it in place.

I didn't get a LLT Elite as a suppressor host (I have USP-T in 9/45 for that) but $140 for the barrel was too good to turn down. Anybody change recoil springs for suppressed use? Have also read that with the non-Browning barrel tilt you may not need the booster in most modern cans. Sorry for the thread detour.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181201/60dc938b7466201b4c58d16734e3e84f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181201/cfe180664626f08217cfdbc64e77f58f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181201/0846f87da11376a38d93c0837d093c24.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SW CQB 45
12-01-2018, 09:07 PM
the thought of full carry bevel has me wanting to send mine back for the treatment.

I need to find the cash.

Blackbag
12-01-2018, 09:46 PM
the thought of full carry bevel has me wanting to send mine back for the treatment.

I need to find the cash.

Not to enable, but yes you do. I am looking to order my second in the next month, as I picked up some overtime at work. I love my “Full Boat” LTT Elite! My shooting buddy easily pronounced it the finest pistol he has ever shot. You deserve to treat yourself.

SW CQB 45
12-02-2018, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I will start working on it.

I am seriously thinking about getting a second myself for duty carry. I first need to see if safariland makes a level 3 for an M9A1.

LOKNLOD
12-02-2018, 05:32 PM
Couldn't resist 30% off an Inox M9A3 barrel from the web store.

For those who missed the Black Friday 30% off $250 offer, both inox and black threaded barrels are part of a flash sale today for 25% off - making them $150 each.

fpnunes
12-02-2018, 07:10 PM
Anybody know offhand what size fiber optic rod is used in the LTT? I'd like to pick up some spares. Thanks!

LangdonTactical
12-04-2018, 09:32 AM
Anybody know offhand what size fiber optic rod is used in the LTT? I'd like to pick up some spares. Thanks!

The spare rods that Wilson Combat sells fit just fine, We will be carrying those on the web store shortly. Wilson says it is a .0585" rod.

Otaku.edc
12-04-2018, 06:33 PM
That I can answer. Serial 5 has the Spartan front and a .305 Pepperoni rear, and 9 has the FO front and black rear that comes standard on the pistol. Hopefully Ernest will be by soon and answer exact questions on the “full boat” treatment. Because of logistics, I won’t get the pistols into my hands for ten days or so, so I just have the photo I posted.

GJM: Can you share your thoughts on the SpartaN Front and Les Pep rears on your Serial 5? I am leaning towards that sight combo but interested in your opinion of it.

Cheers!

GJM
12-04-2018, 07:23 PM
GJM: Can you share your thoughts on the SpartaN Front and Les Pep rears on your Serial 5? I am leaning towards that sight combo but interested in your opinion of it.

Cheers!

They are well regulated and, with the tritium and orange front, practical enough to serve for general purpose use.

Blackbag
12-04-2018, 08:13 PM
I followed in GJM’s footsteps as well! The Spartan front with Les Pep rear is a really nice combo. Ten yards and in the sights work very well for me. I am shooting these Beretta’s very well. Making gains each time I go to the range. Pretty soon I will be ordering a second Full Boat. These LTT’s are special. At first I wasn’t believing the hype, but after almost a case of ammunition, I am a believer!

Otaku.edc
12-04-2018, 08:19 PM
They are well regulated and, with the tritium and orange front, practical enough to serve for general purpose use.

I followed in GJM’s footsteps as well! The Spartan front with Les Pep rear is a really nice combo. Ten yards and in the sights work very well for me. I am shooting these Beretta’s very well. Making gains each time I go to the range. Pretty soon I will be ordering a second Full Boat. These LTT’s are special. At first I wasn’t believing the hype, but after almost a case of ammunition, I am a believer!

Very cool to hear. Will place an order this evening. Thank you for the replies. 🤙

fpnunes
12-04-2018, 09:46 PM
The spare rods that Wilson Combat sells fit just fine, We will be carrying those on the web store shortly. Wilson says it is a .0585" rod.

Perfect. Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

farscott
12-05-2018, 06:32 AM
I have been buying the Dawson 0.060" bulk fiber as I use it on other pistols, mostly 1911-pattern pistols. https://dawsonprecision.com/fiber-optic-replacement-inserts-bulk/

Otaku.edc
12-05-2018, 05:13 PM
What is the go to magazine, not 10 round restricted?

JimLob65
12-05-2018, 05:28 PM

Flush fitting would Mec Gar 18 round, extended Mec Gar 20 round IMHO.

Bigghoss
12-05-2018, 06:52 PM

Mec-gar all the way. After that would be Beretta OEM.

I have a USGI surplus mag that has become an experiment at this point. It came in a lot with a really weak spring and rusty, but somehow none of my 92's have choked with it yet. I ordered some springs to freshen it up but I'm curious how bad it has to get to start causing malfunctions.

JSGlock34
12-05-2018, 06:59 PM
In my experience the first sign of the USGI magazine giving up the ghost manifests in failures to lock the slide back on empty.

JSGlock34
12-05-2018, 09:47 PM

The LTT92 sight picture is fantastic. Any plans to offer these sights for sale separately? I know LTT is focused on Berettas, but the wider firearms world needs to meet these sights.

BobRockefeller
12-06-2018, 07:50 AM
The LTT92 sight picture is fantastic. Any plans to offer these sights for sale separately? I know LTT is focused on Berettas, but the wider firearms world needs to meet these sights.

I suspect the hassle of dealing with all the different dovetail cuts would make it too big of a pain. And I, for one, am more than happy to keep LTT as my preferred Beretta source rather than find them working on too many things!

Dorsai
12-07-2018, 01:43 AM
These damn guns are infectious. OpticsPlanet listed Vertec slides, but they were out of stock, indefinite in-stock date. So I figured, what the hell. I could use a sale coupon and maybe, eventually, they'd have them. No one else does. Lo and behold, two days after placing my order, I get an email telling me it was shipped and on the way. So now I have a 92fs that is pretty good with just a few parts, and will now be a step closer to her LTT cousin.

farscott
12-07-2018, 05:31 AM
Please report back on your observations between the NP3 version versus the others.

Picked up my third LTT Elite yesterday afternoon. I was surprised at how low the serial number is, as it ls less than 125 higher than the first two guns I ordered with "reserved" serial numbers. It is apparent that Beretta USA is shipping guns with no regard to serial number sequence. It is pretty much the "full boat" gun minus the dehorn work on the frame and slide. The reason I did not get the entire package is I opted out of the frame work as I am not a fan of stripping anodized surfaces on aluminum alloys and then refinishing due to some experiences with 1911-pattern guns. I am sure that 1911-pattern issues would not impact the 92-series guns, but I still have a scrapped Colt Commander frame that did not survive the stripping and refinishing processes. Call me skittish.

This one has the NP3 finish on all of the metal but the barrel, slide, and frame, the trigger work, and the Spartan sights. Even the three magazines are finished in NP3. For the price charged by LTT, the NP3 upgrade is one heck of a good deal.

The weather here has been miserable (middle 30s and rain), so live fire has not been a real option. Dry fire has been an option and one I pursued. I cannot tell the difference yet in dry fire between the gun with the NP3 finish and guns without the finish. I expect the differences will become more apparent during live fire and as the guns become more used. NP3 will allow a gun to run with less lubricant, which I like in dry, dusty conditions. It also provides very good corrosion resistance for the small parts, making it useful for carry guns. While the NP3 is slick, I had no issues manipulating the decocking levers.

I think I am going to like the Spartan sights, but it is too soon to tell. The sight picture appears to have more light around the front sight than the stock LTT Elite sights. I really like the LTT Elite sight picture with the red fiber optic as it is ideal for my eyes while allowing very precise shooting.

Blackbag
12-09-2018, 10:01 AM
What is the weight of the recoil spring in the LTT Elite? Ordering some parts to have on hand and thinking having some spare recoil springs would be good. And at how many rounds should I replace? Thanks for any advice.

hotrodder636
12-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Your third! Dang man...i thought getting 3 92 models in a year was a lot (WC Brig Tac, 92FS and LTT Elite).

Picked up my third LTT Elite yesterday afternoon. I was surprised at how low the serial number is, as it ls less than 125 higher than the first two guns I ordered with "reserved" serial numbers. It is apparent that Beretta USA is shipping guns with no regard to serial number sequence. It is pretty much the "full boat" gun minus the dehorn work on the frame and slide. The reason I did not get the entire package is I opted out of the frame work as I am not a fan of stripping anodized surfaces on aluminum alloys and then refinishing due to some experiences with 1911-pattern guns. I am sure that 1911-pattern issues would not impact the 92-series guns, but I still have a scrapped Colt Commander frame that did not survive the stripping and refinishing processes. Call me skittish.

This one has the NP3 finish on all of the metal but the barrel, slide, and frame, the trigger work, and the Spartan sights. Even the three magazines are finished in NP3. For the price charged by LTT, the NP3 upgrade is one heck of a good deal.

The weather here has been miserable (middle 30s and rain), so live fire has not been a real option. Dry fire has been an option and one I pursued. I cannot tell the difference yet in dry fire between the gun with the NP3 finish and guns without the finish. I expect the differences will become more apparent during live fire and as the guns become more used. NP3 will allow a gun to run with less lubricant, which I like in dry, dusty conditions. It also provides very good corrosion resistance for the small parts, making it useful for carry guns. While the NP3 is slick, I had no issues manipulating the decocking levers.

I think I am going to like the Spartan sights, but it is too soon to tell. The sight picture appears to have more light around the front sight than the stock LTT Elite sights. I really like the LTT Elite sight picture with the red fiber optic as it is ideal for my eyes while allowing very precise shooting.

TX_Southpaw
12-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Would someone so kindly post a pic of their NP3 LTT Elite?

I'd like to see a shot of the frame internals and inside of the slide pic too. Thank you!

(Also, looks like TJIAB is now available in NP3)

einherjarvalk
12-16-2018, 01:51 AM
Are the Elite LTTs coming with chamfered breech faces like older 92s were? I caught a spent casing falling out of my pants while doing laundry today and noticed it had a very clear dimple on the primer, though the primer wasn't flattened. Some reading suggests this is pretty normal behavior for Beretta 92s, but I can't really tell if my breech face is dimpled like more standard models are.

Dorsai
12-16-2018, 11:24 PM
My 92FS has been evolving based on exposure to threads like this and my LTT. The 92FS was my first Beretta. Since then, I've done the Langdon "trigger job in a bag", Wilson ultra thin grips, 13lb mainspring, G conversion, and most recently, a Vertec slide and Border Marshal barrel. That isn't a scratch on the rear of the slide, just a dog hair I didn't notice before taking the photo. Trigger pull is much better than stock and I've got about 300rds through it so far.

SeriousStudent
12-17-2018, 11:52 AM
Pray tell, where did you get that Border Marshal barrel?

Dorsai
12-17-2018, 08:30 PM
It was a lucky find on Ebay. And the Vertec slide from OpticsPlanet.

SW CQB 45
12-26-2018, 11:38 PM
Got my Warbird Range Rig for LTT

https://i.imgur.com/m8WH4vG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/b7vH4Ad.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6cKB1n8.jpg

GyroF-16
12-27-2018, 11:50 AM
Those look nice!

Vista461
12-27-2018, 12:13 PM
Got my Warbird Range Rig for LTT

Nice looking setup for a beautiful gun

BobRockefeller
12-29-2018, 05:54 PM
I asked IDPA if they had approved the 92 Elite LTT for SSP division competition. I received an email reply from this area's coordinator saying yes!

beenalongtime
12-29-2018, 06:00 PM
I asked IDPA if they had approved the 92 Elite LTT for SSP division competition. I received an email reply from this area's coordinator saying yes!

That doesn't sound good, that just means time to buy another one or two. (backup/practice, etc):p

ncrockclimb
12-30-2018, 08:47 PM
I absolutely love my LTT 92! I am only at 1300 rounds so far, but it has really impressed me. I am now seriously rethinking my "semi monogamous" relationship with CZ. I will be posting a more comprehensive review of my experience with this pistol when I get a few thousand more rounds through it. Up to this point, this issue aside, the gun has been flawless.

The only issue that I have had is that the pin that holds in the decocker lever on the right side is coming out. I have pressed it back in 3 times, and it continues to come back out quicker each time. Has anyone else had this issue? Do I just need to get a new pin from Beretta?

awp_101
12-30-2018, 10:10 PM
The existing M9A1 compact is really close, just needs the G levers, dovetail sights and the rest of the LTT goodies. I'd be all over it myself.

So if one were to LTT an M9A1 compact without having a dovetail front sight it would need: G conversion, trigger job/TJIAB, convert the front sight to FO and rear sight of choice, LTT thin grips and what else? Dehorning?

Asking for a frie...bullshit, I want it for myself.

GyroF-16
12-30-2018, 10:31 PM
The only issue that I have had is that the pin that holds in the decocker lever on the right side is coming out. I have pressed it back in 3 times, and it continues to come back out quicker each time. Has anyone else had this issue? Do I just need to get a new pin from Beretta?

I had this happen a month or two ago. The pin on the right lever backed out to the point where the lever fell off during a practice session. I went home and reassembled and drove the pin back in. It started backing out again a few weeks ago. The next time I drove it back, I applied some Lok-Tite on both ends. Hopefully that will keep it where it belongs.

BobRockefeller
12-31-2018, 02:29 AM
So if one were to LTT an M9A1 compact without having a dovetail front sight it would need: G conversion, trigger job/TJIAB, convert the front sight to FO and rear sight of choice, LTT thin grips and what else? Dehorning?

Dehorning at least at the trigger guard.

Extended and enlarged magazine release. Steel trigger, steel guide rod, and dog-bone hammer spring cap (if the Compact does not already have them).

Bucky
12-31-2018, 03:56 AM

Extended and enlarged magazine release. Steel trigger, steel guide rod, and dog-bone hammer spring cap (if the Compact does not already have them).

What’s a “dog bone” hammer spring cap? My Wilson Compact has the lanyard ring. I’d like to find a steel flat cap at some point.

BobRockefeller
12-31-2018, 07:51 AM
What’s a “dog bone” hammer spring cap?

I'm sorry, that should have been dog-bone hammer spring cap pin. Italian made Berettas often come with a roll pin there and the dog-bone is more durable:

https://www.langdontactical.com/lanyard-loop-pin-us/

JimLob65
12-31-2018, 07:56 AM
What’s a “dog bone” hammer spring cap? My Wilson Compact has the lanyard ring. I’d like to find a steel flat cap at some point.

Check out the Wilson Combat Mag Guide:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/Wilson-Combat-Mag-Guide-Beretta-92_96/productinfo/676/

Bucky
12-31-2018, 08:18 AM
I'm sorry, that should have been dog-bone hammer spring cap pin. Italian made Berettas often come with a roll pin there and the dog-bone is more durable:

https://www.langdontactical.com/lanyard-loop-pin-us/

Ah, OK. Good call. I hate the roll pins.

Bucky
12-31-2018, 08:21 AM
Check out the Wilson Combat Mag Guide:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/Wilson-Combat-Mag-Guide-Beretta-92_96/productinfo/676/

Thanks, but I'm looking for a flat bottom to my grip / mag well. No lanyard ring or guide. Also, the Compact mainspring cap is different than the full size, IIRC.

JimLob65
12-31-2018, 08:33 AM
Thanks, but I'm looking for a flat bottom to my grip / mag well. No lanyard ring or guide. Also, the Compact mainspring cap is different than the full size, IIRC.

WC sells one for the compact as well. Just FYI....

awp_101
12-31-2018, 09:27 AM

Thanks! I thought to check the LTT website after posting. DOH! Mine is a US built so not sure about the pin, I put a WC short reach trigger in it last week and I've already got the magazine guide but I haven't taken the time to install it yet. Soooo very tempted to follow this path and pick up the rest of the needed goodies...

ncrockclimb
12-31-2018, 07:42 PM
I had this happen a month or two ago. The pin on the right lever backed out to the point where the lever fell off during a practice session. I went home and reassembled and drove the pin back in. It started backing out again a few weeks ago. The next time I drove it back, I applied some Lok-Tite on both ends. Hopefully that will keep it where it belongs.

Thanks for the reply! Anyone else have this issue?

BN
12-31-2018, 08:46 PM

Mine has backed out a couple of times. I just whacked it back in there. ;)

Casey
12-31-2018, 09:09 PM

Mine has backed out a couple of times. I just whacked it back in there. ;)
Mine started exhibiting this problem, too, right around the 1,200 round mark. I've tapped it back in there. If it keeps happening, I'll reach out to Ernest or Beretta for assistance troubleshooting.

Before we start a mass panic that LTT guns are disassembling themselves, this is not something in any way unique to Beretta. I've also got a VP9 with a Gray Guns trigger job that has started ejecting its trigger safety catch spring stop pin every 250 rounds or so.

SW CQB 45
12-31-2018, 10:12 PM
not sure if this will help

but on SW Revolvers....what holds the firing pin (or hammer nose) is a soft rivet. the rivet it has a hole down the middle and a tapered cuts on both sides.

In order for the rivet to stay in the hammer....you have to flair an end or both ends.

I have not done one in years but wouldn't the same concept for the roll pin.

install the roll pin except for a short piece of the end...take a sharp center punch and slightly tap the end to a larger OD, then finish pressing the roll pin into the decocker body.

Probably would have to find a way to back up the installed roll pin for flaring and its probably easier said than done.

My LTT will be used extensively in the near future....and I will keep an eye on this.

scjbash
01-01-2019, 12:35 AM
I had the pin fall out after a couple hundred rounds. Ernest sent me a new one and it was a tight fit. A couple hundred rounds later I noticed it was walking out again, and it was easily pushed back in. I'm going to try loctite. It's Beretta's fault, not Langdon's, and there's really no excuse for it.

ncrockclimb
01-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Mine started exhibiting this problem, too, right around the 1,200 round mark. I've tapped it back in there. If it keeps happening, I'll reach out to Ernest or Beretta for assistance troubleshooting.

Before we start a mass panic that LTT guns are disassembling themselves, this is not something in any way unique to Beretta. I've also got a VP9 with a Gray Guns trigger job that has started ejecting its trigger safety catch spring stop pin every 250 rounds or so.

I agree that there is no need to panic and the guns are not disassembling themselves. At least one person tried a new pin and had the same issue. I’ll be interested in what Ernest thinks about this and if he has any suggestions on how to solve it.

Other than this, the gun is really fantastic and has functioned flawlessly.

Cory
01-01-2019, 02:39 PM
My Elite LTT decocker hasnt walked out. When I first started dryfire with my Langdon M9 my G kit decocker had the right side pin walk out every few days. I think its an issue with the G decockers pin.

Some lock tite should solve it.

-Cory

JWHuey
01-04-2019, 11:11 PM
Soooo, first post here.

This thread was linked from another forum.

To say that I am experiencing jealousy, due to the fact that my states unconstitutional "safe handgun roster" prohibits me from acquiring the Elite LTT would be the understatement of the new year.

I read all 138 pages prior to registering here.

I just bought an M9a1, my first Beretta, and I am already wanting more.

Thanks for the good read, and education. I look forward to participating here.

Dorsai
01-04-2019, 11:15 PM
I do not have complimentary thoughts to those who need others' subjective opinions to make up their minds, but I do appreciate reasoned opinions and analysis that present points to consider that I didn't think of first. My goal is to determine which Beretta gets the fiber optic sights and which gets the tritium. Uses include the range and probable competition (for fun and improvement mainly), and self defense, which is further divided into concealed and open carry.

First the guns. Gun #1 is a Langdon Elite LTT with trigger job and the standard fiber front sight, serrated flat face WC rear. Since this is page 138, I don't need to add anymore description.

Gun #2 is a Beretta 92fs with a Vertec slide, converted to G model, trigger job in a bag, extended Wilson mag release and thin grips. The trigger is probably 80% as good as the LTT. So in other words, very similar except it doesn't have a light rail.

Here is my analysis, tell me what I've missed. My intent is to get a set of the tritium spartan sights for the Ber 92 and leave the fiber optic on the LTT. Both would be good for the range, the LTT better for competition due to the better trigger and FO sights. The Ber92 is better for concealed carry due to the bulk of the light on an already large gun. Since I don't have light on the Ber92, it should get the tritium sights (and a handheld light). The LTT works open carry, with or without a light, though if used at night, it needs the light. With a WML, it doesn't need tritium sights since the light illuminates the target and standard sights work just fine.

Again, I think I've made the most properly reasoned decision, but I appreciate what a bunch of other shooters might think of that I didn't. Thanks in advance.

SW CQB 45
01-06-2019, 09:27 PM
I broke out my LTT for the 2nd time. My DA/SA time is very rusty as I carried a SW 4500 on duty from 1998 to 2008. I had a CZ SP01 for a while too.

I had installed a 12 lbs LTT mainspring. I wanted to test my accuracy skills in a LE match that I shoot for points on a B27 target. I was skeptical that the .150" notch would give me trouble for X/10 ring hits at 25 yards

It consists of

8 rounds in 2 shot intervals 3 seconds 5 yards
12 rounds 25 seconds 7 yards
12 rounds 35 seconds 15 yards
18 rounds 90 seconds 25 yards
(from the holster, no use of any support)

I was not happy with my first results, so I tried it again. I kept having heavy trigger finger oops. In other words, my sights were not aligned to shoot but my trigger finger was too heavy. I am used to my 3.5# 1911 trigger which feels heavier than the LTT SA trigger break.

here is my first try out to 15 yards and 3 ooops
https://i.imgur.com/eMLOPOfl.jpg

and my completed 50 rounds out to 25 yards disappointment. There were several oooops at 25.
https://i.imgur.com/Uce4iUyl.jpg

Thinking I could do better....I tried again

Out to 15 yards with a single oooops at 15 yards
https://i.imgur.com/HI2aXNWl.jpg

Completed target and still disappointed in my heavy trigger finger in SA. Two 8s :mad:
https://i.imgur.com/qdwqvOxl.jpg

I will go up in the mainspring weight till I get used to this very smooth action.

I also plan to install a 10-8 rear sight to try it out as I am not a big fan of the .150 notch rear sight.

fpnunes
01-13-2019, 07:33 PM
So...it looks like Uncle Sam got another interest free loan from yours truly for 2018. I'm thinking about getting a 2nd LTT and am wondering if I'm a bit crazy? I currently own a standard model that I picked up from my LGS and think it would be nice to buy one directly from Ernest with the trigger job and the spartan sights. Any one else own two LTTs? I had considered getting a WC Centac to have the short slide/barrel setup but now I'm undecided.

Cory
01-13-2019, 08:06 PM
I do not have complimentary thoughts to those who need others' subjective opinions to make up their minds, but I do appreciate reasoned opinions and analysis that present points to consider that I didn't think of first. My goal is to determine which Beretta gets the fiber optic sights and which gets the tritium. Uses include the range and probable competition (for fun and improvement mainly), and self defense, which is further divided into concealed and open carry.

First the guns. Gun #1 is a Langdon Elite LTT with trigger job and the standard fiber front sight, serrated flat face WC rear. Since this is page 138, I don't need to add anymore description.

Gun #2 is a Beretta 92fs with a Vertec slide, converted to G model, trigger job in a bag, extended Wilson mag release and thin grips. The trigger is probably 80% as good as the LTT. So in other words, very similar except it doesn't have a light rail.

Here is my analysis, tell me what I've missed. My intent is to get a set of the tritium spartan sights for the Ber 92 and leave the fiber optic on the LTT. Both would be good for the range, the LTT better for competition due to the better trigger and FO sights. The Ber92 is better for concealed carry due to the bulk of the light on an already large gun. Since I don't have light on the Ber92, it should get the tritium sights (and a handheld light). The LTT works open carry, with or without a light, though if used at night, it needs the light. With a WML, it doesn't need tritium sights since the light illuminates the target and standard sights work just fine.

Again, I think I've made the most properly reasoned decision, but I appreciate what a bunch of other shooters might think of that I didn't. Thanks in advance.

I think you've got it figured correctly. Night sights on yhe carry 92, and a hand held light. LTT as is for competition. The reasoning seems sound to me.

-Cory

Tim92G
01-13-2019, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=fpnunes;833298]So...it looks like Uncle Sam got another interest free loan from yours truly for 2018. I'm thinking about getting a 2nd LTT and am wondering if I'm a bit crazy? I currently own a standard model that I picked up from my LGS and think it would be nice to buy one directly from Ernest with the trigger job and the spartan sights. Any one else own two LTTs? I had considered getting a WC Centac to have the short slide/barrel setup but now I'm undecided.[/QUOTE
I only have one LTT Elite, mine has lagdons trigger job and fo sights, I had planned on buying a second one with the works but since Ernest hinted at a compact carry LTT I will wait on that one with all the bells and whistles.

I also own the Beretta/Wilson Cen - Tac with a trigger job and I like it very much.
I bought the Beretta/Wilson 92g compact carry with the trigger job a few years ago. And I have a px4 compact carry Mod2 that Ernest made possibles a while back.
Good luck on which one you choose but you can't go wrong either way.

Evil_Ed
01-17-2019, 07:43 AM
My apologies if this question has been asked/answered already...but just how far back does the LTT trigger job/WC trigger bar move back the SA break? I ask because I had a PX4 Compact and while I loved the idea of it and how it cycled...the trigger in SA mode broke so far back that it was just not workable for me. It was like trying to press a button in the palm of my hand with my index finger after a while. I wear XL-XXL gloves for reference. I have a standard 92 that I like shooting and the trigger is just about right (geometry wise), and was eyeing an LTT with the carry dehorn package...but if it moves the trigger break too far back, it'll put it in that same category as the PX4 Compact for me - neat, but unusable after a few mags :(

Dorsai
01-17-2019, 08:25 AM
The Wilson trigger bar doesn't alter the trigger movement (not that I observed). It causes the hammer to travel back further in DA so when the sear breaks, the hammer gets the same travel as it does in SA, thus imparting more force to firing pin and primer.
What you described is what I observed when I tried a Wilson short trigger. I don't have a large hand, but it was too short for me. The difference is maybe a millimeter or two, but I felt it and it was too much.

CraigS
01-17-2019, 08:59 AM
I looked into that as best as I could w/ a dial caliper on my EII w/ TJIB. Problem is you are trying to measure distance against two curved surfaces. So my accuracy is probably + or - .030 inch. After TJIB install, the trigger at rest position stays the same. The SA trigger breaks at the same spot. What I like the most about the TJIB, the DA shot now breaks at the same spot as the SA shot. On a stock 92 the DA shot breaks and the trigger keeps on going for about an 1/8 inch until it slams into the frame.

JimLob65
01-17-2019, 09:19 AM
My apologies if this question has been asked/answered already...but just how far back does the LTT trigger job/WC trigger bar move back the SA break? I ask because I had a PX4 Compact and while I loved the idea of it and how it cycled...the trigger in SA mode broke so far back that it was just not workable for me. It was like trying to press a button in the palm of my hand with my index finger after a while. I wear XL-XXL gloves for reference. I have a standard 92 that I like shooting and the trigger is just about right (geometry wise), and was eyeing an LTT with the carry dehorn package...but if it moves the trigger break too far back, it'll put it in that same category as the PX4 Compact for me - neat, but unusable after a few mags :(

As I wrote in several different threads I own an LTT with the trigger job as wellas a Brig Tac & a Cen Tac, both with the action tune. The trigger on the LTT is incredible, but it does break noticeably closer to the frame than on the WC guns. Like you that presents a bit of an issue for me particularly in DA, and takes some getting used to.

I don't know if anyone offers an extended reach trigger, but I do find that the fatter grips on the Brig Tac vs the LTT helps me in that respect.

Tim92G
01-17-2019, 09:41 AM
As I wrote in several different threads I own an LTT with the trigger job as wellas a Brig Tac & a Cen Tac, both with the action tune. The trigger on the LTT is incredible, but it does break noticeably closer to the frame than on the WC guns. Like you that presents a bit of an issue for me particularly in DA, and takes some getting used to.

I don't know if anyone offers an extended reach trigger, but I do find that the fatter grips on the Brig Tac vs the LTT helps me in that respect.

I agree with you on the grips, I have a set of VZ standard grip on the way.
As far as trigger break, I like it better than my cen tac and my 92g compact carry both with Wilson action tune.

Evil_Ed
01-17-2019, 10:08 AM
Awesome, thanks for the input folks. I was considering asking LTT if they can do a dehorned gun without the trigger job because of this...now it seems that might not be necessary, if it's just the DA break that moves a little bit. I don't think I'll mind the DA break moving so much? Then again...well, I guess I'll find out soon enough :D

fpnunes
01-24-2019, 06:36 PM

Hmm? I thought that the Brig Tac/Centurion grips are the same ultra-thin grips as those on the LTT, medallions/engraved logos aside?

JimLob65
01-24-2019, 07:08 PM
Hmm? I thought that the Brig Tac/Centurion grips are the same ultra-thin grips as those on the LTT, medallions/engraved logos aside?

Nope... The Cen Tac & LTT grips are ultra thin grips, the Brig Tac are noticeably thicker.

backtrail540
01-24-2019, 07:08 PM

Wilson offers ultra thins aftermarket, but stock brig tac grips are more round and an in between langdon grips and factory beretta offerings.

fpnunes
01-24-2019, 09:33 PM
Wilson offers ultra thins aftermarket, but stock brig tac grips are more round and an in between langdon grips and factory beretta offerings.

Ah, got yah. Thanks for the clarification guys.

MSparks909
01-24-2019, 11:20 PM
Nope... The Cen Tac & LTT grips are ultra thin grips, the Brig Tac are noticeably thicker.

Yep. I threw a set of black standard width Wilson G10s on my LTT. Don’t like the Ultra Thins on 92s with the radiused blackstrap. I do like the ultra thins on my Langdon M9.

Gadfly
01-24-2019, 11:40 PM
My LGS finally got an LTT 92 in the case. My first time to finger one in person. Incredible nice, and the DA pull is butter. And I am normally not a front serrations guy, but they really fit well in this gun.

Ernest, you did a great job!

Amp
01-25-2019, 08:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_JNLnpiems

Sensei
01-31-2019, 12:53 AM
Someone mentioned in another thread a rumor of a compact version of the LTT pistol. If this is true, for the love of all that is sacred and holy, please put front and rear dovetails on it. I’ll buy at least two of them if you do it.

Wingate's Hairbrush
01-31-2019, 10:18 AM
Can anyone with time on one or several LTTs speak to the handling and shooting experience of the factory bevel versus the carry bevel? Significant or subtle? Strong preference one way or the other?

Ditto NP3 small parts?

I'm getting one -- EL's trigger job is a must, and fiber optic front sight to determine what I think of that set-up; on the fence about the NP3 and carry bevel.

farscott
01-31-2019, 11:14 AM
I have one with the NP3 finish and two with the standard finish. All have the LTT action work. The triggers feel the same. To me, the advantage of the NP3 is I can run it with less lube in windy, dusty conditions so the gun stays cleaner. When I cleaned one of the guns without the NP3 after a range session during some rather windy, gusty weather, I found some pieces of dormant Bermuda grass blades (from my yard, not doubt, as the grass from the last cut has turned to dust) in the dust cover, stuck to the barrel, and in the frame. It did not cause an issue during the range session, but the lube had "captured" the grass.

The NP3 does make the controls a bit slicker, but that has not been an issue for me. The extra corrosion protection the finish offers is a nice bonus.

usmc_k9_vet
01-31-2019, 11:30 AM
I have one with the NP3 finish and two with the standard finish. All have the LTT action work. The triggers feel the same. To me, the advantage of the NP3 is I can run it with less lube in windy, dusty conditions so the gun stays cleaner. When I cleaned one of the guns without the NP3 after a range session during some rather windy, gusty weather, I found some pieces of dormant Bermuda grass blades (from my yard, not doubt, as the grass from the last cut has turned to dust) in the dust cover, stuck to the barrel, and in the frame. It did not cause an issue during the range session, but the lube had "captured" the grass.

The NP3 does make the controls a bit slicker, but that has not been an issue for me. The extra corrosion protection the finish offers is a nice bonus.

Piiics of those beauties. We need pics :D

GyroF-16
01-31-2019, 11:30 AM
Yes, I can definitely see utility in using lots of NP3’d parts in a hypothetical “LTT Compact Carry” that would see more dust and sweat, and have longer intervals between cleanings while being carried.

Wts70mc
02-01-2019, 10:45 PM
So I just bought an LTT and I’m a lefty so I switched my mag release over to the right side of the gun. When I reinstalled the grips I noticed I have less notch space on the right side grip panel...there’s to much pressure on the extended mag release causing the mags to stick pretty substantially. Has this been an issue for anyone else. Possible fixes?

Doc_Glock
02-01-2019, 11:02 PM
So I just bought an LTT and I’m a lefty so I switched my mag release over to the right side of the gun. When I reinstalled the grips I noticed I have less notch space on the right side grip panel...there’s to much pressure on the extended mag release causing the mags to stick pretty substantially. Has this been an issue for anyone else. Possible fixes?

Sand paper. Or, I bought a used LTT off a lefty who sanded his grip and will exchange with you if you want.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190202/5fb600d47fb168c07fc5eabf59d10a36.jpg

Wts70mc
02-01-2019, 11:27 PM
Sand paper. Or, I bought a used LTT off a lefty who sanded his grip and will exchange with you if you want.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190202/5fb600d47fb168c07fc5eabf59d10a36.jpg

Hmmm..thanks for the quick reply...I’ll try and contact Langdon on Monday and see what they can do

Yung
02-04-2019, 01:55 PM
Someone mentioned in another thread a rumor of a compact version of the LTT pistol. If this is true, for the love of all that is sacred and holy, please put front and rear dovetails on it. I’ll buy at least two of them if you do it.

I've been able to stave off temptation to go back to hammer guns thus far even with the PX4cc and LTT, but if I saw a compact LTT with dovetailed sights I'd have to get two as well.

Airbusacft
02-10-2019, 07:43 AM
I apologize in advance. I’m really thinking about getting an Elite LTT. Can someone please tell me if the added expense is worth it on the different options on the LTT. Is the carry bevel, NP3 and spartan sights worth the extra money. I do know I want the trigger job.

Also what is the NP3 and what exactly are the spartan sights.

Bigghoss
02-10-2019, 09:53 AM
I apologize in advance. I’m really thinking about getting an Elite LTT. Can someone please tell me if the added expense is worth it on the different options on the LTT. Is the carry bevel, NP3 and spartan sights worth the extra money. I do know I want the trigger job.

I'm not really qualified to answer about the NP3. It's some kind of coating that prevents corrosion and reduces friction I think. I think it uses nickle.

These are Spartan Sights.
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-gwq330i093/images/stencil/500x659/products/173/490/92_Spartan_Sights__18604.1531926010.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

I'm probably only going to be carrying a 92 at work for another year to 18 months. I'm trying to decide if the NP3 would be worth it for me since it'll end up being a legacy gun after not much time. I'll probably just order a trigger job and call it good. If we were going to be sticking with the 92's indefinitely I'd order the NP3, everyone seems pretty fond of the stuff.

JTQ
02-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Also what is the NP3 ...

Robar NP3 https://robarguns.com/custom-firearm-finishes/np3/

Cory
02-10-2019, 12:48 PM

Welcome to the forum. You're making a great choice with the Langdon Elite.

My Elite LTT has a trigger job, no np3, and no carry bevel. It's awesome. The np3 and bevel might be amazing, but the LTT with trigger job is no slouch.

-Cory

SW CQB 45
02-10-2019, 03:08 PM

I am with CorMan,

I have the trigger job version only. It was just fine as is. I bought LTT's lighter hammer springs (11/12/13)...... it changes it up considerably. I put in a 12 and WOW but having trouble in single action as my big paws set it off when still recovering from recoil. it will take some practice but will put the 13 when I take it out again.

https://i.imgur.com/OgDhtiGl.jpg

PGT
02-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Yeah...Ernest's excellent TJIAB on my two other similar configured guns has ruined me. The LTT Elite is nice but nowhere near is as nice as the pair flanking it.....action tune and 11# springs in them. Guess I'll have to order some more kits.

Question....does the NP3 option cover all parts in the kit? I'd like to get all the action parts done in NP3.

https://i.imgur.com/ZYfk56Mh.jpg

CraigS
02-23-2019, 08:49 AM
Yes it does. One thing to note, the hammer becomes silver and is a really good match for an inox slide. You have to decide if you would like on a black slide.

CraigS
02-23-2019, 09:10 AM
I have an NP3 TJIB and am not sure I like it. I love that the DA dropped to a flat 6# and zero ounces. I am just not sure I like the 3# zero ounces SA. I shot it the first time and decided to install a bone stock sear to experiment. That got me back to a 3# 5 oz SA pull. But it is just a bit too much of a snap feel. So the NP3 sear is back in waiting for more shooting. (BTW all the pull weights are w/ a 12# spring) When I first got a TJIB the 3.5# SA took some getting used to but I shot it every Tues night all last summer til end of Oct and love it. May be I will get used to the 3# SA for my range/competition gun but probably not for a defense gun. Some other experimenting I want to do is TJIB and maybe NP3 TJIB w/ 16# (D) spring. As great as the TJIB is, the NP3 version is one more step better. It's not just the weight#s, the NP3 6# DA pull is incredibly smooth.

PGT
02-23-2019, 09:19 AM
I'll be sending off all the small parts for NP3...I generally don't like barrels not matching the slides (like the new M9A3's) but if all the small parts match, I find it more aesthetically pleasing.

Mr. Goodtimes
02-23-2019, 09:40 AM
Picked up my LTT Elite on Thursday. I never really cared much about the 92 until now, that being said this is by far the best DA/SA gun I’ve ever shot and absolutely the best handgun purchase I’ve ever made, and that’s measured against a standard 92FS, West German 226, HK P30 and a Glock 19.

Group was shot at 25 yds using 124gr MEN. The pistol definitely shoots better than I do. I think if I could do my part better this is a legitimate sub 2” pistol.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/9873b5191cd7d78ffeb105021fab0a92.jpg

newyork
03-02-2019, 09:31 PM
How does the gun’s, without trigger upgrade,compare to a 92 with D spring or 92A3 Trigger ?

If you had a base LTT and ordered the TJIAB, is it essentially the same as if ordered with trigger upgrades directly?

karam.19
03-02-2019, 09:58 PM
How does the gun’s, without trigger upgrade,compare to a 92 with D spring or 92A3 Trigger ?

If you had a base LTT and ordered the TJIAB, is it essentially the same as if ordered with trigger upgrades directly?

It’s lighter and smoother.

The TJIAB is essentially the same as if you sent the firearm in for the trigger work. The only difference is that LTT does a once over on the pistol and makes sure everything is good.

The TJIAB is a great value because the cost to ship a firearm is substantial.

It’s pretty easy to install. Just take your time, don’t force anything and call LTT if you have any questions.

Bigghoss
03-02-2019, 10:01 PM

Having the trigger job done in house is better than a TJIB. I have one of each and in-house is better. I have a couple guns with D springs, it's a nice improvement over the 20# spring typical of the FS models. Even better is to order a 14# polished spring from LTT for $8. IMO just a 14# spring make a pretty serious improvement while being reliable without needing to do anything else. You can get much better but the cost starts to go up pretty quick for the relative improvement in trigger pull.

newyork
03-02-2019, 10:06 PM
Sounds like when I’m ready. Ordering with trigger job is best.

Cory
03-02-2019, 10:06 PM

https://youtu.be/E9Edtt7PeiY

If you can suffer through me talking along like an idiot, I compare an LTT with Langdon trigger work to a Langdon M9, which comes stock with a D spring.

LTT trigger job is smoother. DA breaks at a distinct crisp point. A D spring alone DA actually breaks from one point to another, its not a distinct crisp point. SA breaks are similar, but the LTT takes less weight to break and feels "cleaner" than the D spring. You can see what I mean in the video.

To be honest, it took me a second to adjust.to the LTT because its so smooth it felt odd after shooting the D spring. It is absolutely worth the cost.

-Cory

Bigghoss
03-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Sounds like when I’m ready. Ordering with trigger job is best.

That's my plan. I thought about going all-in with all the bells and whistles but in about a year we're changing pistols at work and moving away from the Beretta 92. Since it'll basically become a collector's piece for me at that point I figure I'll just spend the money on just the in-house trigger job and call it good enough.

newyork
03-02-2019, 10:29 PM
I had the Langdon M9. Liked it a lot. I imagined the LTT was an obvious better set up and trigger. But I still haven’t tried it.

SW CQB 45
03-03-2019, 12:12 PM
I have the LTT with the trigger job only.

It was nice as is, but I bought a few of the lighter mainsprings..... WOW.

I have the 12 in there and single action with my big paws is too light.

I need to get used to it, bump to the 13 or return to LTT original. I really dont need to do anything else to it.

Maybe mess with rear sight, but thats just me.

https://i.imgur.com/iRhLKJAl.jpg

WobblyPossum
03-15-2019, 04:48 PM
I got an email from LTT last night that they were running a promotion where if you signed up for the newsletter you’d get a randomly generated code. The code might be a discount on your purchase, a free accessory with purchase or nothing. I figured why the hell not and ended up with a 15% off code. I immediately ordered an NP3 TJIAB. I thought it would make a nice little present to myself for passing a small job related hurdle.

JSGlock34
03-15-2019, 06:34 PM
I got an email from LTT last night that they were running a promotion where if you signed up for the newsletter you’d get a randomly generated code. The code might be a discount on your purchase, a free accessory with purchase or nothing. I figured why the hell not and ended up with a 15% off code. I immediately ordered an NP3 TJIAB. I thought it would make a nice little present to myself for passing a small job related hurdle.

I had no intention of buying another Beretta

...until I spun that wheel.

CLaw
03-15-2019, 06:37 PM
I had no intention of buying another Beretta

...until I spun that wheel.

Haha. It got me too. I pulled the trigger on a TJIB.

Arbninftry
03-15-2019, 09:16 PM
That wheel got me for a new holster for my LTT;)

Joseph Mudd
03-24-2019, 01:44 PM
My condolences... :p

The LTT has been submitted, but the HR Board meets quarterly. I've been told that a decision should be made "soon".

-Rainman

Any updates to report on this topic.

JSGlock34
03-28-2019, 08:13 PM
Stumbled across someone selling a complete (and new) LTT Elite 92G upper on Ebay...pricey, but maybe something to consider in CA?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beretta-92G-ELITE-LTT-Complete-Upper-9mm-INOX-Barrel-Ultimate-92-Package-Langdon/273778377920?hash=item3fbe7684c0:g:1DIAAOSwcSJcmT~ q

rainman
03-29-2019, 04:56 AM
Any updates to report on this topic.

Nothing, sorry.

Joseph Mudd
03-29-2019, 06:46 AM
FYI, the LTT was on the Maryland handgun roster meeting’s docket on March 13. Unless something crazy happens it should be on the approved list by early to mid May.

Bucky
03-29-2019, 07:52 AM
Wrong thread, sorry. :(

grumpy.old.1
04-01-2019, 05:31 PM
I was finally able to pick up a LTT Elite. Naturally I dont want to part with it for any time so I put my Langdon trigger from my 92 Compact in the Elite. Now, I guess a trigger in a bag is on the top of my list to get my compact back up to par.

Medusa
04-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Nice.

I ordered one, with np3 so it’ll be a while before I see her. Really looking forward to it.

Duke
04-01-2019, 07:53 PM
I out shot my $3k Wilson x9 with my LTTs yesterday.

Feel sort of silly. It was an extremely low effort maintence day for me. Faster draws, splits and reloads than I’ve yet managed with the edc X9

LangdonTactical
04-02-2019, 01:50 AM
I out shot my $3k Wilson x9 with my LTTs yesterday.

Feel sort of silly. It was an extremely low effort maintence day for me. Faster draws, splits and reloads than I’ve yet managed with the edc X9

Your not the first to do this. I have had the same feedback with guys shooting their STI 2011 in 9mm and having the same results.

CLaw
04-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Nice.

I ordered one, with np3 so it’ll be a while before I see her. Really looking forward to it.

It’s worth it! I wish I had gotten both of mine this way. I guess that just means that I need a third. lol

Medusa
04-02-2019, 06:30 PM
Happily it seems she was shipped today. I’m stoked about that - hope for a range trip Thursday or Friday.

This’ll be my second 92. One day I may send my old inox to LTT for a spa treatment. She’s had a Langdon trigger all these years, but I was considering treating her to the whole 9 yards eventually.

It’s worth it! I wish I had gotten both of mine this way. I guess that just means that I need a third. lol

farscott
04-02-2019, 06:57 PM
My draw is not faster with the Elite LTT compared to a 1911 or 2011, but my reloads are (no surprise with the Beretta double-stack magazine) and my splits are (which is big surprise to me). The LTT-tuned guns are, for some reason, stupid easier to shoot at speed. My intuition is the 1911 trigger and thin grip frame allowing a better grip (and recoil control) for my small fingers should make it faster, but the timer shows my intuition is just wrong. The Elite LTT definitely is the pistol for me that proves the rule that how the gun feels in the hand does not portend how well one shoots it. Nothing feels better to me than a high-gripped 1911, but I am measurably slower with the 1911. I am tempted to grab a 92X when available and see how well I run the gun with a frame-mounted safety.

Duke
04-02-2019, 08:02 PM
My draw is not faster with the Elite LTT compared to a 1911 or 2011, but my reloads are (no surprise with the Beretta double-stack magazine) and my splits are (which is big surprise to me). The LTT-tuned guns are, for some reason, stupid easier to shoot at speed. My intuition is the 1911 trigger and thin grip frame allowing a better grip (and recoil control) for my small fingers should make it faster, but the timer shows my intuition is just wrong. The Elite LTT definitely is the pistol for me that proves the rule that how the gun feels in the hand does not portend how well one shoots it. Nothing feels better to me than a high-gripped 1911, but I am measurably slower with the 1911. I am tempted to grab a 92X when available and see how well I run the gun with a frame-mounted safety.

My draw is slower (read first shot) with the edc x9 due to My newness with the triggers.

I have to be very diligent as to when I begin touching and taking the near zero slack Wilson trigger.

Where as with the LTT the 7lb da pull let’s me get on the trigger much much sooner.

MGW
04-02-2019, 08:48 PM
I’ve been really focused on 1911’s and Glocks the last year or so. I appreciate both platforms but I find myself really missing TDA. The LTT has been on my mind since Langdon’s class last year. I know the smart money is to stay the course but there’s a lot to be said for enjoying what you shoot.

usmc_k9_vet
04-02-2019, 09:48 PM
I just need a red dot mounting system on an Elite LTT [emoji16] After seeing the accuracy benefits starting at about 15-20 yards with a red dot on a pistol, I’m not sure I can ever go back to irons.

Duke
04-05-2019, 09:47 AM
Elite LTT is just a really easy gun to shoot well. Not a super fast draw but the margin of error on this is pretty small

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU6lLX3YPWE&feature=youtu.be

usmc_k9_vet
04-07-2019, 01:23 AM
Elite LTT is just a really easy gun to shoot well. Not a super fast draw but the margin of error on this is pretty small

Damn! You just blasted that at about 10 yards in 1.53. Well done!

farscott
04-07-2019, 05:42 AM

That is impressive, and I now have a new drill to keep my interest while working on my draw and first shot. Thanks for posting this.

Duke
04-07-2019, 07:07 AM
Damn! You just blasted that at about 10 yards in 1.53. Well done!

That is impressive, and I now have a new drill to keep my interest while working on my draw and first shot. Thanks for posting this.

Kind words. Thank you all

It’s only 7 meters - Just looks farther.

Truly it’s only a hard shot because the bullet has to go straight through or it won’t split. If you angle yourself where you have just the edge to look at your chances of success go way up.

Trukinjp13
04-07-2019, 10:31 AM
https://gunprime.com/product/beretta-92-elite-ltt-j92g9lttm-best-price/

Seems like a solid deal for you LTT folks

Tom Fineis
04-07-2019, 07:15 PM
https://gunprime.com/product/beretta-92-elite-ltt-j92g9lttm-best-price/

Seems like a solid deal for you LTT folks

I was planning on buying one with a trigger job, anybody know if LTT allows one to be sent in for the trigger job only? I'll reach out directly if needed but I would rather avoid cluttering Ernest's inbox.

LOKNLOD
04-07-2019, 08:22 PM
I was planning on buying one with a trigger job, anybody know if LTT allows one to be sent in for the trigger job only? I'll reach out directly if needed but I would rather avoid cluttering Ernest's inbox.

Tom, I think they've got you covered, I don't see how it would be any different than sending in any other 92/M9: Trigger work (https://www.langdontactical.com/custom-trigger-work-92-96-m9/).

Tom Fineis
04-10-2019, 02:10 PM
Well I found a "used but unfired" one on GunBroker without a trigger job for $770 so I bought it. I'm impatient and really want to start shooting it, so I will probably do a trigger job in bag to start and maybe send it back in over the winter.

HCM
04-13-2019, 11:39 PM
Trade into a New LLT Elite 92. Really like the grippiness of the grips and frame, the sight picture and the DA trigger pull. Unlike my Wilson Centurion there are no sharp edges on the tang which is nice. Negatives, The SA pull is not so great, a lot like my old NCHP trade in 92F but this is a stock /base gun so I’m ok with it.

Noticed it was hitting a little low and left at 10 yards.

Trend continued with other ammo

And at 25 yards (all shots at 10 and 25 with #2 hold top of front sight in the middle of the target). That group will fit in a B-8 if I can get it dialed in.

No leftitis with the Glock or revolver I brought along. So I take a closer look at the sights and see this- rear sight is pushed to left. (Photo is from the front.)

Are these set up to shoot to the dot / #3 hold ?

It was consistently left / low left with: Remington & Magtech 115 grain FMJ, Speer 124 +P Gold Dot, Federal 124 +P Hydra shock, Winchester Ranger 147 grain FMJ and Federal synthtech 150 grain coated.

Obviously the rear sight needs to be centered. I’m going to shoot it outdoors tomorrow to see if the elevation is an issue or it was just my eyes indoors. If not, should I swap the front, or the rear ?

Or should I just save my self the hassle and let Ernest do it along with a trigger job ?

SW CQB 45
04-14-2019, 12:58 AM
I wanted to try a 10-8 rear on my LTT.

I had to hit hard to get the factory LTT rear to move with a masked alum punch and vise.

The 10-8 did not match the dovetail exactly.... (my guess is the gun coating is thick in the dovetail)

heavy work load has kept me from putting some time to correct the sight. I may put the factory back on.

I bought my LTT with the trigger job. Silly smooth DA and clean breaking SA. I also have the lighter mainsprings to mess with.

Not sure what wrong with your SA.... but I believe the trigger job was worth the extra coin. if its there... get EL to fix the sight(s).

https://i.imgur.com/JXMNpWxl.jpg

HCM
04-14-2019, 06:21 PM
Shot the LTT outdoors along with my two Wilson Berettas.

Had the gunsmith at the range look at the sights. He confirmed that in addition to the rear being to the left, the front sight, which is staked in place, is not centered. He tried drifting the rear back to the right but the sight was TIGHT.

LTT is still shooting left

Was centered with the Wilson.

So I guess the question is - send this back to Beretta to have the sights zeroed or just pay LTT to do it concurrent with a trigger job?

e_stern

Duke
04-14-2019, 06:58 PM
Shot the LTT outdoors along with my two Wilson Berettas.

Had the gunsmith at the range look at the sights. He confirmed that in addition to the rear being to the left, the front sight, which is staked in place, is not centered. He tried drifting the rear back to the right but the sight was TIGHT.

LTT is still shooting left

Was centered with the Wilson.

So I guess the question is - send this back to Beretta to have the sights zeroed or just pay LTT to do it concurrent with a trigger job?

e_stern

It took beretta USA 11 weeks to re-cerakote the slide on one of my LTTS (flaking from day one)

Never send it to BUSA if Ernest can do it instead along with other work

Rmiked
04-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Did someone say earlier in this thread that Beretta STOPPED staking the front sights on this pistol?

BobRockefeller
04-15-2019, 03:23 PM
Did someone say earlier in this thread that Beretta STOPPED staking the front sights on this pistol?

I don't remember. But my LTT (purchased late last year) does not have its front sight staked.

Rmiked
04-15-2019, 04:32 PM
I don't remember. But my LTT (purchased late last year) does not have its front sight staked.

Thanks. I don’t see any benefit from staking the front sight. My 92A1 (Italian made) is not staked and that sight is not moving anywhere. Seems like it would just complicate removing it which is the benefit of the dovetail. Maybe some of them were machined larger so an interference fit was not possible? I’m not criticizing Beretta. Heck they have been making guns for 500 years.

HCM
04-15-2019, 05:05 PM

This was a brand new gun my dealer received through normal distributor channels. Nothing on the box or included paperwork has a production date but the S/N is LTT0032XX.

farscott
04-15-2019, 05:42 PM
This was a brand new gun my dealer received through normal distributor channels. Nothing on the box or included paperwork has a production date but the S/N is LTT0032XX.

These pistols must be selling well as my highest serial number is about 2800 lower than the one in the quoted text. I am pleased for both Beretta and LTT.

BobRockefeller
04-16-2019, 07:15 AM

My S/N seems newer, it's LTT0004XX.

Perhaps they've started staking them again?

HCM
04-16-2019, 07:16 AM
My S/N seems newer, it's LTT0004XX.

Perhaps they've started staking them again?

Unless you are missing a digit ?

Yours is 400 something mine is 3200 something.

BobRockefeller
04-16-2019, 07:43 AM
Unless you are missing a digit ?

Yours is 400 something mine is 3200 something.

I have all the digits; I have one more zero than you: 0004 vs 0032.

Cory
04-16-2019, 05:20 PM
I have all the digits; I have one more zero than you: 0004 vs 0032.

The number of digits total is the same, and ignoring the zeros you have a lower number. Thus, a lower serial and an earlier made firearm.

-Cory

BobRockefeller
04-16-2019, 05:26 PM
The number of digits total is the same, and ignoring the zeros you have a lower number. Thus, a lower serial and an earlier made firearm.

Yep. Hence my speculation about newer pistols having staked front sights vs. the older ones.

farscott
04-16-2019, 05:36 PM

-Cory

Hard to say with Beretta if that is true. The earliest batch sold by LTT allowed buyers to choose serial numbers, and the pistols shipped from Beretta with the serial numbers out of order. I had a relatively low number that took months to get while other, much higher, numbers were in the holsters of their owners. My wait was long enough that LTT emailed me to state another pistol could be shipped if I was no longer willing to wait. Months later I bought from LTT a pistol with two numbers lower that had just arrived at LTT. As such, I am hesitant to link dates to serial numbers.

Cory
04-16-2019, 05:54 PM
Hard to say with Beretta if that is true. The earliest batch sold by LTT allowed buyers to choose serial numbers, and the pistols shipped from Beretta with the serial numbers out of order. I had a relatively low number that took months to get while other, much higher, numbers were in the holsters of their owners. My wait was long enough that LTT emailed me to state another pistol could be shipped if I was no longer willing to wait. Months later I bought from LTT a pistol with two numbers lower that had just arrived at LTT. As such, I am hesitant to link dates to serial numbers.

I reserved 22, and it shipped fairly quick. I do remember a few folks in your shoes though. That sucks.

In general lower serial means earlier gun though, right?

-Cory

farscott
04-16-2019, 06:11 PM
I reserved 22, and it shipped fairly quick. I do remember a few folks in your shoes though. That sucks.

In general lower serial means earlier gun though, right?

-Cory

In general, I would think so, but it is hard to say for any given numbers. I have three Elite LTT pistols bought months apart from LTT, and all of the serial numbers are less than 125 numbers apart.

As for the wait, it was no issue. LTT kept me up to date on the status, so that made it much easier to wait.

beenalongtime
04-16-2019, 10:05 PM
I have two LTT's, one bought from EL and one bought recently from another member here, 11 numbers off from mine. Both are high 4xx's. Makes me wonder if EL has a range of numbers?

Alpha Sierra
04-17-2019, 05:02 PM
What am I missing if I were to buy an M9A3 instead of a 92 LTT?

farscott
04-17-2019, 05:26 PM

I am not sure you are missing anything. The pistols are aimed at slightly different market segments. The M9A3 has a threaded barrel, the Vertec grip (and a set of grips to recreate the M9 feel), night sights, the choice of F or G versions from the factory, the standard M9 hammer spring, and fifteen-round sand-resistant magazines. The Elite LTT has a M9A1 frame with a radius at the base of the trigger guard that makes a huge difference during high round-count range sessions, a M9A3 slide, a barrel crown offering more protection on a stainless barrel, a choice of sights (base is a really nice red FO front paired with a plain rear but you can opt for a tritium front with an orange surround and a different rear), steel guide rod, stainless steel trigger, thin G10 grips, "D" hammer spring, Elite (lighter) hammer, regular magazines, and the option of a LTT trigger job. Ordering from LTT offers a few other options such as a more complete dehorn and NP3 finish.

The M9A3 is Beretta's version of what the M9's next evolutionary step is, and the Elite LTT is the embodiment of what Earnest Langdon has learned works for him with the 92-series.

As a shooter, the Elite LTT is hard to beat. No matter your choice, I recommend the LTT trigger work. That DA trigger is so much improved over the factory guns that it is hard to believe it is the same basic design.

Manbearspider
04-17-2019, 05:29 PM

Machining: Front serrations and additional frame cuts by the trigger guard.

Parts: sight setup (though thats up to preference), metal guide rod, Elite hammer, stainless match bbl, G10 grips.

It all depends on what you're using it for. The LTT is pretty much made for long days on the high level range. The M9A3 was made to be the modern mil-spec expectation for an M9. In my mind, it seems like the A3 was built to be the 9mm to grab when there's the chance stuff will go absolutely sideways; while the LTT was made to be the first choice when you go out knowing you're going to shoot a lot.

Rmiked
04-17-2019, 05:58 PM
I’m debating getting an LTT. Supposed to be able to physically hold one at a local store tomorrow. I shoot primarily the Winchester NATO 124 gr ammo which has hard primers. I would use the pistol for personal defense as well as other uses. I don’t want light strikes. I currently have the Beretta D spring (16#) in my 92A1 and it is 100% reliable with the NATO ammo. I dropped down to a Wilson Combat 14# chrome silicon hammer spring and experience a few light strikes. If I elected to get a trigger job, it looks like the hammer spring is 13#. Is there any benefit to getting the trigger job and keeping the D spring to keep reliable ignition for hard primer ammo? My main concern is reliable ignition in a pistol which may be used for personal defense too.

farscott
04-17-2019, 06:11 PM
I’m debating getting an LTT. Supposed to be able to physically hold one at a local store tomorrow. I shoot primarily the Winchester NATO 124 gr ammo which has hard primers. I would use the pistol for personal defense as well as other uses. I don’t want light strikes. I currently have the Beretta D spring (16#) in my 92A1 and it is 100% reliable with the NATO ammo. I dropped down to a Wilson Combat 14# chrome silicon hammer spring and experience a few light strikes. If I elected to get a trigger job, it looks like the hammer spring is 13#. Is there any benefit to getting the trigger job and keeping the D spring to keep reliable ignition for hard primer ammo? My main concern is reliable ignition in a pistol which may be used for personal defense too.

Not sure my datum is useful as I shoot a variety of 9x19 ammo, but I have had no ignition issues with my Elite LTT pistols, including using IMI 9x19 ammo. If you want peace of mind, the trigger job and the 14# "D" spring would still provide a very good trigger. The action work makes the DA trigger movement very smooth, and that smoothness is more important to me than the absolute trigger pull weight.

Rmiked
04-17-2019, 06:22 PM
Thanks. I suspected the trigger would be smoother. I guess if I buy the LTT locally, I can order the TJIAB and install myself and test both the 14# spring and 16# spring

Cory
04-17-2019, 06:25 PM

I'm only a sample of one, but I recently switched to Winchester 124gr NATO rounds. I think my Elite is up 350-400 rounds of it. Not certain, I'd have to check my count (and that's not super accurate). No ignition issues. I've used it in matches without worry.

My Elite has the trigger work, with whatever spring Ernest puts in there. He included the original D spring in the box with the pistol, but I've had no reason to switch to it. That spring is also polished on the ends to prevent any kind of catching as the spring rotates. Changing out the spring would likely change your trigger's level of smoothness.

-Cory

Rmiked
04-17-2019, 06:41 PM
So Cory it sounds like you are reliably igniting the 124 NATO rounds with the 13# hammer spring and the trigger job. That’s impressive. I am running a 14# WC chrome silicon recoil spring as well which is 1# heavier than the stock 13# recoil spring but have no ejection issues and WC suggested it given I shoot the essentially +P loads. I think I am correct that the recoil spring should not affect ignition. I am aware that the combination of the recoil and hammer springs can affect ejection if not balanced correctly given that the rear slide movement requires cocking the hammer spring as well as compressing the recoil spring. Other than a possibly mislabeled hammer spring from WC (maybe less than 14#?) I wonder why I got a few light strikes with the 14# hammer spring? In any event, the Beretta D spring is 100% reliable with the NATO ammo.

Duke
04-17-2019, 06:53 PM
The Wilson trigger bar that Langdon helped design cams the hammer back farther allowing reliability with light springs.

Without that extra hammer travel light springs aren’t ideal.

But It’s not that big a deal guys.

I ran a 12# in an LTT trigger job gun and had 100% hits along with 6.6lb da and 2.13lb single.

Anywhere above 13 you’re going to be fine. Liking hard primer ammo for the sake of hard primer ammo is beyond my scope of usable data collection.

To that end if it bangs your carry ammo then roll on.

Alpha Sierra
04-17-2019, 06:54 PM
I am not sure you are missing anything. The pistols are aimed at slightly different market segments. The M9A3 has a threaded barrel, the Vertec grip (and a set of grips to recreate the M9 feel), night sights, the choice of F or G versions from the factory, the standard M9 hammer spring, and fifteen-round sand-resistant magazines. The Elite LTT has a M9A1 frame with a radius at the base of the trigger guard that makes a huge difference during high round-count range sessions, a M9A3 slide, a barrel crown offering more protection on a stainless barrel, a choice of sights (base is a really nice red FO front paired with a plain rear but you can opt for a tritium front with an orange surround and a different rear), steel guide rod, stainless steel trigger, thin G10 grips, "D" hammer spring, Elite (lighter) hammer, regular magazines, and the option of a LTT trigger job. Ordering from LTT offers a few other options such as a more complete dehorn and NP3 finish.

The M9A3 is Beretta's version of what the M9's next evolutionary step is, and the Elite LTT is the embodiment of what Earnest Langdon has learned works for him with the 92-series.

As a shooter, the Elite LTT is hard to beat. No matter your choice, I recommend the LTT trigger work. That DA trigger is so much improved over the factory guns that it is hard to believe it is the same basic design.

Machining: Front serrations and additional frame cuts by the trigger guard.

Parts: sight setup (though thats up to preference), metal guide rod, Elite hammer, stainless match bbl, G10 grips.

It all depends on what you're using it for. The LTT is pretty much made for long days on the high level range. The M9A3 was made to be the modern mil-spec expectation for an M9. In my mind, it seems like the A3 was built to be the 9mm to grab when there's the chance stuff will go absolutely sideways; while the LTT was made to be the first choice when you go out knowing you're going to shoot a lot.

The job would be a dedicated USPSA Production and IDPA Stock Service Pistol competition gun.

I tried out an A3 at the local shop today and the trigger was smooth and much lighter DA than the M9s and 92FSs they had in stock. Yep, dry fired them all side by side. The A3 feels like it has that D spring and to be honest I'd take that trigger to a match right out of the box. Not saying I wouldn't want better, just that it's more than acceptable the way it is. The M9 and 92FS, not so much.

The Vertec grip works much better for me. The grip panels are something I consider disposable since I pretty much replace them with LOKs right from go.

The A3's sights were just fine but if I went that way I'd toss the front sight for a FO. That's just how my eyes roll at 50+.

If the LTT has an undercut trigger guard, that's worth something.

Front serrations I can take them or leave them as I pinch the narrow part at the front of the slide with the web of my left hand to run the slide.

Thanks for the feedback. This CZ guy is quickly warming up to the more premium versions of the 92

Duke
04-17-2019, 07:06 PM

I have an M9A3 too and it’s kind of a turd really

Sharp edges all over, all of the FDE parts are different colors, plastic guide rod, silly vertec grip or that nasty rubber grip sock thing - all for about the same money as a stock LTT.

No thanks. Give me the gun EL penned.

Rmiked
04-17-2019, 07:09 PM
The Wilson trigger bar that Langdon helped design cams the hammer back farther allowing reliability with light springs.

Without that extra hammer travel light springs aren’t ideal.

But It’s not that big a deal guys.

I ran a 12# in an LTT trigger job gun and had 100% hits along with 6.6lb da and 2.13lb single.

Anywhere above 13 you’re going to be fine. Liking hard primer ammo for the sake of hard primer ammo is beyond my scope of usable data collection.

To that end if it bangs your carry ammo then roll on.

I’m thinking the trigger bar camming action explains it. That combined with the skeletonized hammer. My 92A1 has the standard Beretta steel hammer. I assume the lighter hammer moves faster.

Duke
04-17-2019, 07:12 PM
I’m thinking the trigger bar camming action explains it. That combined with the skeletonized hammer. My 92A1 has the standard Beretta steel hammer. I assume the lighter hammer moves faster.

Indeed.

My highest round count LTT (2,400) has Ernest’s polished sear and Wilson bar with the Wilson deluxe EDM hammer

It’s 7.6/ 3.1 double single. Can’t recommend it enough

Medusa
04-17-2019, 07:14 PM
Data point. My ltt has the 13 pound spring and trigger job (and np3 internals). It has chugged through 1133 rounds of Fiocchi fmj 115 gr since I took delivery 13 days ago, including a rainy USPSA match. No ignition issues.

Alpha Sierra
04-17-2019, 07:55 PM
I have an M9A3 too and it’s kind of a turd really

Sharp edges all over, all of the FDE parts are different colors, plastic guide rod, silly vertec grip or that nasty rubber grip sock thing - all for about the same money as a stock LTT.

No thanks. Give me the gun EL penned.

Ok thanks for your input. I'll take your word on the sharp edges, but I didn't notice them in the short time I manipulated one. Don't care about the colors. The guide rod's material is not an issue, both my CZs have plastic ones and run like hell, with my 75BD having >2X the round count of your LTT. I doubt a steel one would make them run any better. I prefer the Vertec grip and consider OEM grip panels to be disposable.

If you want to deal I might be interested

SW CQB 45
04-21-2019, 10:59 PM
I got my first hard scratch with my LTT today.... all my fault. It was not from shooting.

I was playing with a 10-8 rear on the LTT and it shot POA POI at 25 yards from a rest but it was shooting below my sights at 5 yards. The 10-8 is lower than the original LTT rear....so I decided to return it back to factory.

https://i.imgur.com/KdHPaXVl.jpg

I masked my vise jaws with masking tape and began the switch. The LTT was a grizzly bear to hammer back in but my 55+ eyes did not see that I doinked the mask job on the vise jaws and the taped was not even. OUCH :mad::(

https://i.imgur.com/E1bNBrWl.jpg

Now that I got that out of the way.... I am ready for some clearance drills on a wood barricade.

HCM
04-22-2019, 12:40 PM
UPDATE:

I made arrangements to send my LTT back to Beretta to address the sight issues. Beretta requires pick up by UPS so I asked the FFL I bought it from to handle the pick up. Long story short they had another LTT come in and offered to swap out my gun for the new one.

The new gun has a serial number 14 lower than the first. LTT number 2 has a centered front sight. The rear sight is slightly left but much less so than in #1.The DA is not quite as noce as #1 but the SA is nicer so it’s a wash. #2 also has a sharp edge on the left side of the trigger guard but that can be fixed and covered with alumahyde.

Gun was a little left at 15 but I think it will be ok once the rear is centered.

JSGlock34
05-18-2019, 06:23 PM
So last night I finally got around to installing the Ameriglo Pro-Glo (BR-218G) front sight I scored a few months back on my LTT Elite 92G. This is a .125 wide high-vis sight. I'm pleased to report it paired well with the LTT rear sight and this combination was well regulated at 25 yards with 147 grain Federal HST. My groups weren't remarkable, but keeping them in the black on a FBI bullseye at 25 wasn't a problem. I used a "split the bullseye" sight picture.

I don't know why Ameriglo doesn't offer these as a regular catalog item.

https://pistol-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32388&d=1542325897

backtrail540
05-18-2019, 06:56 PM
So last night I finally got around to installing the Ameriglo Pro-Glo (BR-218G) front sight I scored a few months back on my LTT Elite 92G. This is a .125 wide high-vis sight. I'm pleased to report it paired well with the LTT rear sight and this combination was well regulated at 25 yards with 147 grain Federal HST. My groups weren't remarkable, but keeping them in the black on a FBI bullseye at 25 wasn't a problem. I used a "split the bullseye" sight picture.

https://pistol-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32388&d=1542325897

Did you call/email to order? I wonder if they have it in orange.

JSGlock34
05-18-2019, 06:59 PM
Ameriglo blew them out on Ebay last year from their Ameriglo Factory Direct store. IIRC they had white, orange, and yellow.

Medusa
05-18-2019, 11:02 PM
Over 2300 rounds now, including 200 blazer 147 gr flat nose fmj. No ignition issues.

Data point. My ltt has the 13 pound spring and trigger job (and np3 internals). It has chugged through 1133 rounds of Fiocchi fmj 115 gr since I took delivery 13 days ago, including a rainy USPSA match. No ignition issues.

Dave J
05-19-2019, 12:07 AM

I have one of those on my 92A1. On that gun, it works perfectly with a WC .290" rear. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite Beretta front sight, and I wish I'd snagged more than one when they were available.

If anyone at Ameriglo is reading this, please make more!

JSGlock34
05-19-2019, 05:48 AM
Over 2300 rounds now, including 200 blazer 147 gr flat nose fmj. No ignition issues.

Blazer Brass or the aluminum stuff? So far the aluminum case is the only round that has given me ignition issues.

Medusa
05-19-2019, 07:20 AM
Blazer Brass or the aluminum stuff? So far the aluminum case is the only round that has given me ignition issues.

This is brass.

Shorikid
05-19-2019, 08:23 AM
Finally got my hands on an LTT at Buds in Sevierville. Very nicely done. Why do Berettas seem slightly under sized for a "duty" gun to me? The full size grip seems slightly shorter than I expect every time I handle one.

I had to listen to the clerk packing a G17 tell me compact Berettas weren't worth the weight saved when I asked to compair the LTT to a compact with the rail. Also I was told about the down side of carrying an all metal gun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trooper224
05-19-2019, 01:38 PM
Finally got my hands on an LTT at Buds in Sevierville. Very nicely done. Why do Berettas seem slightly under sized for a "duty" gun to me? The full size grip seems slightly shorter than I expect every time I handle one.

I had to listen to the clerk packing a G17 tell me compact Berettas weren't worth the weight saved when I asked to compair the LTT to a compact with the rail. Also I was told about the down side of carrying an all metal gun.

Everything else that's comparable has a very block-like, squarish shape. By contrast, the rounded surfaces of the Beretta make it seem smaller.

Shorikid
05-19-2019, 01:56 PM
Everything else that's comparable has a very block-like, squarish shape. By contrast, the rounded surfaces of the Beretta make it seem smaller.Trooper,

That could be. The grip length is perfect for my hands, while most other full size pistols have plenty of length left over. I have no issue with concealing a big gun, the 92 just pretends not to be one.

WeldingRod
05-19-2019, 08:04 PM
I also just picked up a new 92G LTT and noticed some machining marks where the barrel locks up in the slide. This is my first Beretta so I'm not sure what to make of it. A lot of you guys own these already so I figured you all would be able to tell me if this is normal.

buzz_knox
05-19-2019, 08:36 PM

Bud’s has an LTT in stock? I guess I know how I’m spending my lunch hour. I sometimes get a hot spot from the bottom rear of the beavertail where it contacts the area between the thumb and forefinger. I’m hoping that the radius on the LTT eliminates this issue.

einherjarvalk
05-20-2019, 01:38 AM
I also just picked up a new 92G LTT and noticed some machining marks where the barrel locks up in the slide. This is my first Beretta so I'm not sure what to make of it. A lot of you guys own these already so I figured you all would be able to tell me if this is normal.

If you're talking about the little channel on the rear of the left locking block slot (not sure of the technical term), mine has them too. I've also looked at a few photos of other B92 slides that had the same notch.

WeldingRod
05-20-2019, 08:52 AM
If you're talking about the little channel on the rear of the left locking block slot (not sure of the technical term), mine has them too. I've also looked at a few photos of other B92 slides that had the same notch.

My 92 Elite LTT has them on both sides, but more visible on the right side. Can you post a picture of yours?

Uncle_Jed
05-20-2019, 12:25 PM
I recently experienced several failure to eject malfunctions (FTEs) on my LTT Elite. After approximately 2,000 rounds, I had two FTEs during a class in San Antonio. I was really surprise given that the pistol had run absolutely perfectly up to that point. I cleaned and lubed the gun and took it out for a 200 round range session a week later. Boom! - two more FTEs.

After inspecting everything carefully and finding nothing wrong, I decided to remove and inspect the ejector. With the help of a couple YouTube videos posted by MosinVirus, I was able to knock out the extractor pin, remove the extractor and extractor spring and have a look inside. I was amazed at the amount of burnt crud that was caked up under the extractor. I could literally scoop it out with the end of my nylon pick! Looking at how dirty the firing pin was, I decided to remove it as well and clean the firing pin and firing pin channel while I was at it. I'm glad I did. After running a pipe cleaner through the firing pin channel, cleaning all of the parts and chasing the left hand safety spring and plunger across the room a time or two, I finally got it all reassembled and ready for the range.

I happy to report that after running 200 rounds through the gun yesterday, everything functioned perfectly.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has had a similar experience with their Beretta 92 and whether Beretta recommends removing the extractor and firing pin for cleaning at regular intervals.

Uncle Jed