Page 32 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I am unable to seat a full mag with the slide in battery.
    I have similar trouble seating a fully loaded magazine with my P250C 45. If I download it to 8 rounds, no problem. 9 rounds, I darn near have to hammer the mag into the well.

I am unable to seat a full mag with the slide in battery.
    WTF... For real? Either mag? I haven't heard of that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmetallurgy View Post
    Correct neither mag will seat with slide in battery while loaded to capacity. This is the case with P9HST2, LE9T5, 124gr Aguila, reloaded 124gr RN Plated @ 1.125" OAL and reloaded 147gr RN Plated bullets loaded to 1.125" and 1.135" OAL. There seem to be a few nuances to the gun between this and the peening I feel the gun is on it's ragged edge and not ready for prime time. I really am happy with the G43's I have and the M&P 340's for all my slim BUG/NPE type guns. At this point since I am not seriously evaluating the gun as a replacement for anything I will shoot another 400 rounds through it to make sure I won't regret getting rid of it and I think I am done. I was thinking about what JAD had said, (nothing specific) and at this point since I will not be adopting it this sample of 1 it doesn't prove anything other than satisfy my curiosity. When it comes down to it, it is really just and epic waste of my time and resources and since those are limited I am better off putting that money into a deposit for Gabe's class later this year since he will be in my area again. His class was excellent and was well worth the money the first time and will be even better the second time around.

Correct neither mag will seat with slide in battery while loaded to capacity. This is the case with P9HST2, LE9T5, 124gr Aguila, reloaded 124gr RN Plated @ 1.125" OAL and reloaded 147gr RN Plated bullets loaded to 1.125" and 1.135" OAL. There seem to be a few nuances to the gun between this and the peening I feel the gun is on it's ragged edge and not ready for prime time. I really am happy with the G43's I have and the M&P 340's for all my slim BUG/NPE type guns. At this point since I am not seriously evaluating the gun as a replacement for anything I will shoot another 400 rounds through it to make sure I won't regret getting rid of it and I think I am done. I was thinking about what JAD had said, (nothing specific) and at this point since I will not be adopting it this sample of 1 it doesn't prove anything other than satisfy my curiosity. When it comes down to it, it is really just and epic waste of my time and resources and since those are limited I am better off putting that money into a deposit for Gabe's class later this year since he will be in my area again. His class was excellent and was well worth the money the first time and will be even better the second time around.
    Wow, that's amazing. Won't load a full mag. Kinda defeats the purpose of a slim 10+1? Thanks for the informative posts at least. I was going to suggest one of these to friend of mine, but I don't think I will.

Off topic: By chance are you in the September 2018 Gabe class in Lakeland FL? I am really looking forward to it, myself, as a first timer. I've trained with (in Clackamas OR) and shot a match with (Columbia Cascade Sectional) Gabe and am really looking forward to learning from him in a class setting. @MVS posted a fantastic AAR recently on this class as well.

For what it's worth I have no problems seating a full magazines with one in the chamber and it runs perfectly with any of the ammo I tested it with. I'm happy to put this on video if you need it. We have a P365 Facebook group with 2,000 members and no one has complained about not being able to seat a fully loaded magazine that I had seen until this thread.

10+1 is no problem. Evidence here:
    Last edited by Alma; 03-19-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Wow, that's amazing. Won't load a full mag. Kinda defeats the purpose of a slim 10+1? Thanks for the informative posts at least. I was going to suggest one of these to friend of mine, but I don't think I will.

Off topic: By chance are you in the September 2018 Gabe class in Lakeland FL? I am really looking forward to it, myself, as a first timer. I've trained with (in Clackamas OR) and shot a match with (Columbia Cascade Sectional) Gabe and am really looking forward to learning from him in a class setting. @MVS posted a fantastic AAR recently on this class as well.
    I would not suggest this gun to anyone for a little while. It’s best to wait and let them work out any kinks to be safe. As to your question I was at the GA class with JLW, 1slow and several other members from here. You will not be disappointed that I can promise. The class with Gabe is some of the best money I’ve ever spent. Seriously no shit that good, IMHO. I wish I could go to the other class in GA this year as the crowd attending from here is top notch but it is just too close to my daughters birth and I am still pretty wrecked right now from some old injuries.

@Alma, not saying this is the case with every P365. It just seems to be the case with mine. IMO it’s not a deal breaker as it’s already sporting more rounds than anything else in its class. I don’t think that anyone should sweat it. The peening on the other hand could understandably cause some concern. I will say that none of the mags have been left loaded for any period of time and I am sure given a little time loaded the mags would seat on a closed slide. The gun runs and has not suffered any malfunctions. Only issues I had were grip induced failure to return to battery.
    Last edited by Mike C; 03-19-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    10+1 is no problem. Evidence here:
    That is titled the P320
    Last edited by UNK; 03-19-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Thanks. I'm not sure why. I was able to load up to 11 since the first range trip and currently only have 202 fired downrange. SIG worked through some kinks just after Shot Show but the post stop BXR3 guns have had an excellent, albeit short, track record. Absolutely it's going to take time for most to build trust in the platform and the scrutiny on SIG amplifies any issue.

If there is a failure with a Gen 4 G19 the internet automatically assumes it's an external issue (ammo, user, lube, etc); however, that same issue with a new SIG will be presumed by the internet to be a problem with the gun itself and the Internet amplifies any problems.
    Time is and objectivity is absolutely required to assess how well the new SIGs will perform over time. The P320 seems to be here to stay but we will see how it's reputation is affected by the big DOD and DHS buys.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    That is titled the P320
    Removed, not intended to slander another member.
    Last edited by Mike C; 03-19-2018 at 08:40 PM.

User Tag List