Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: P30l vs P30sk

Since I dont believe there is a lighter hammer spring available for the SK, would those two other mods make much of a difference without it?

I have a P30SK. As much as I like the P30L and HK generally, I think the PX4C is hard to beat once you get to P30SK size.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    Since I dont believe there is a lighter hammer spring available for the SK, would those two other mods make much of a difference without it?
    Smoothness of the DA pull only, the weight will still be high - about 10-10.5 lbs DA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a P30SK. As much as I like the P30L and HK generally, I think the PX4C is hard to beat once you get to P30SK size.
    I think if I went all TDA 4 LYF and carried the P30L, I'd get the SK over the Storm for a smaller NPE-type gun simply to keep the mag releases the same.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I think if I went all TDA 4 LYF and carried the P30L, I'd get the SK over the Storm for a smaller NPE-type gun simply to keep the mag releases the same.
    That certainly makes sense. With a medium blackstrap, I work the P30 mag release conventionally with my thumb, for consistency, and to keep my trigger finger indexed up during reload.

The appeal of the Beretta is how well it carries with the shape of its slide, how flat it shoots, and how great the trigger is. In performance, the P30SK feels more Corolla, and the Beretta like a Porsche.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I am a dyed in the wool 1911 guy. But those pistolas are in the safe for the foreseeable future. I have all 3 P30 V1 models... sk, standard, and L. I am a huskyer fella and can hide the P30L under nearly anything I wear (save for a suit). That's probably the only time I truly need the sk, but I work in a place that I wouldn't be able to get it through security anyway. With that said, I am not getting rid of it just because I haven't found its role yet.

On the continuum, I find the L to shoot easier and a hair more accurate for me, followed by the standard, and then the sk makes me do a lot of work to hit even close to a level of proficiency as the other two. And I carry, practice and will game from now on with the LEM because it's easier for my brain... And of course, for all of the other benefits of the LEM as outlined numerous times on this forum in the past.

I think it's pretty much a given that SA,DA/SA and SFA guns will be a bit more "shootable" (i.e., faster/shorter splits) than LEM (and similar); the advantage of LEM is that due to the combination triggerpull length, the visible hammer, and the relatively light pull/break weight of about 5.4 lbs (with V1 LEM) it's arguably a better threat management action, but still more "shootable" than a traditional DAO, and arguably a bit more safe than SA. Essentially, it's a SA pull weight with a longer triggerpull, and automatic decocking when the finger is off the trigger.

And, with practice, it can be pretty fast, too. The HK V1 in my P30L has a pretty short reset (but not quite as short as those on my Glocks).

I've found LEM to be eminently usable for IDPA and as a duty (and concealed carry) pistol.

Best, Jon

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer my questions.

Hi guys, I am the original poster for this thread. Thanks for all the commentary. Bottom like is I shot a steel match today with the sk, and I almost couldn't miss. It's like a laser in my hands. I shot a few stages with my p226 and if I'm honest my times with the sk, were a bit faster. Which leads me to, I'm sold and will either order the standard or L.

MY HOPE is that the grip geometry of the bigger guns is the same as the Sk in terms of how it points. I cant handle one locally so any thoughts would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    Hi guys, I am the original poster for this thread. Thanks for all the commentary. Bottom like is I shot a steel match today with the sk, and I almost couldn't miss. It's like a laser in my hands. I shot a few stages with my p226 and if I'm honest my times with the sk, were a bit faster. Which leads me to, I'm sold and will either order the standard or L.

MY HOPE is that the grip geometry of the bigger guns is the same as the Sk in terms of how it points. I cant handle one locally so any thoughts would be great.
    Not a P30 owner, but if it helps, my VP9 and P30SK with painted (orange front black rear) OEM glow sights point virtually identically in terms of sight picture and point of impact.

User Tag List