Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MBest11x: Dating Someone Anti-Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Oh gods yes. So much this.

...Although, having blood stains all over all your clothes would probably get old. Still though.
    Living in a house with a washer and dryer, I can handle that particular first world problem.

Matt's a smart dude, having that chat outside. Blood is a real challenge to get out of carpet or wood floors.

Before we got married, I told my wife that I have firearms and enjoy them immensely. I told her if that's going to be a problem, that if she thinks that either the guns go, or she goes, we aren't even gonna get started. Happily, it was never an issue with her and she even has a couple of handguns of her own- one she took to try it out and never gave it back!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Before we got married, I told my wife that I have firearms and enjoy them immensely. I told her if that's going to be a problem, that if she thinks that either the guns go, or she goes, we aren't even gonna get started. Happily, it was never an issue with her and she even has a couple of handguns of her own- one she took to try it out and never gave it back!
    Had that conversation on date #1 with my now wife. Told her, "Just to get this out in the open, I'm a gun guy. I build them, I carry them, I shoot competitively, and I've made my livelihood in the past with them. If this is going to be a problem, then I need to know up front." She has a slightly different world view with me and had never been around anyone that carried a gun that didn't have a badge to go with it, so there was a bit of adjustment for her to get used to it.

Fast forward to today, she's not Julie Golob but she's expressed an interest in learning more and has her CHL. Next year, we're probably going to set her up with a couple female only classes to get her started and then go shopping for her first handgun.
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 11-10-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Nice! My wife and I went to class together to get our CCWs
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    ... I've never had someone answer yes to all four.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TL5ofVC0EDQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TL5ofVC0EDQ

When I went on a first date with my wife, I told her I was into guns. I asked her if that was problem. She grew up in Hawaii and never touched a gun before. She gave me an unqualified "nope". I proposed to her 6 months later.

The worst are when situations with ladies escalate physically (in the fun way) waaaaaaay faster than you're prepared for. Normally I have a pretty solid procedure for how to surreptitiously remove my gun, reload, and knife before the butt-touching begins, but every now and then there would be situations where the gun would get discovered well before I was ready to have that part of the conversation.

That usually ends up going one of two ways.
    This thread delivers.

You need to establish your crash-landing questions for dating. I have 4:

1. Do you believe that 9/11 was an inside job?
    2. Do you believe that the moon landings were faked?
    3. Do you believe in astrology?
    4. Do you believe that vaccines cause autism?

One yes answer automatically moves a girl into the "further review" category, and two yes answers is an automatic pass. I've never had someone answer yes to all four.
    Insufficient data, bro.

5. Do you have cats?
    6. Have you ever been institutionalized?
    7. Have you ever had or do you currently have: gonorrhea, syphilis, or genital herpes?
    8. Are you vegan?
    9. Do you think men should watch Ellen with you instead of football?
    10. Would you prefer to drive a Prius rather than a pickup?
    11. Is hunting evil?
    12. Are you a communist?
    13. Have you been adjudicated guilty of any violent felonies, including chopping off someone's johnson?
    14. Do you have three kids with three different fathers?
    15. Do you see people and animals that other people don't see?
    16. Do you hate cops, veterans, and America?

Well, you get the idea.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Insufficient data, bro.

5. Do you have cats?
    6. Have you ever been institutionalized?
    7. Have you ever had or do you currently have: gonorrhea, syphilis, or genital herpes?
    8. Are you vegan?
    9. Do you think men should watch Ellen with you instead of football?
    10. Would you prefer to drive a Prius rather than a pickup?
    11. Is hunting evil?
    12. Are you a communist?
    13. Have you been adjudicated guilty of any violent felonies, including chopping off someone's johnson?
    14. Do you have three kids with three different fathers?
    15. Do you see people and animals that other people don't see?
    16. Do you hate cops, veterans, and America?

Well, you get the idea.
    Cats aren't THAT bad. Some are actually pretty cool.
    When my wife's 8 pound cat brought us a 3 pound rabbit, and my visiting liberal Yankee sister freaked out and ran in the house...
    Good times.

And a cat can do a decent job keeping your head warm at night. If you leave a bit of space between your pillow and the head board. If you forget, a cat will remind you.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Cats aren't THAT bad. Some are actually pretty cool.
    When my wife's 8 pound cat brought us a 3 pound rabbit, and my visiting liberal Yankee sister freaked out and ran in the house...
    My cat would find a nest. One baby rabbit each night until they were all gone, then the mother.

Too bad she's gone, and couldn't be deployed on anti-terrorist patrol anyway.

User Tag List