Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: G-Code / Haley Strategic INCOG IWB Holster System - Second Review

Review: G-Code / Haley Strategic INCOG IWB Holster System - Second Review

This is an update to my previous review of the INCOG, specifically because the first review was only in an AIWB (appendix inside the waist band) carry position and without the mag caddy. This review will be with and without a mag caddy, AIWB, IWB (traditional strong side carry at 3 o'clock) and other person's opinions other than my own whom I let carry with this holster for several months at a time. I will not cover some of the concepts and topics I normally do since I already reviewed this holster, but will try to cover all the bases that I may have missed before.
    Read the full review here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/02/g-code-...incog-iwb.html

You oughta do a round three and test the clips under some retention/gun grabs from an entanglement.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    You oughta do a round three and test the clips under some retention/gun grabs from an entanglement.
    I should....

This holster never really interested me. It is a good read.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

Quote Originally Posted by saints75 View Post
    This holster never really interested me. It is a good read.
    Thanks for checking it out.

Thanks for the review. I was at one time interested in their stuff, but having read your earlier review and those from others, figured it'd be one to pass on. Having found that the Eidolon works so well for me for strong side IWB carry, I'll be hard pressed to believe much else would work as good...

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    Thanks for the review. I was at one time interested in their stuff, but having read your earlier review and those from others, figured it'd be one to pass on. Having found that the Eidolon works so well for me for strong side IWB carry, I'll be hard pressed to believe much else would work as good...
    An Eidolon review is next. I had both versions but sent the g17 version off to a fed buddy who needs it for work. The Eidolon is a good "fits all types" holster, very modular but not exceedingly good at any one specific carry position, which is an issue if you want a holster for a specific purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    An Eidolon review is next. I had both versions but sent the g17 version off to a fed buddy who needs it for work. The Eidolon is a good "fits all types" holster, very modular but not exceedingly good at any one specific carry position, which is an issue if you want a holster for a specific purpose.
    Looking forward to that review. As a larger/rounder guy, I've found it works quite well (for me at least) at concealing my G17 or G34 when worn at 3-4 o'clock. I have mine set up with the tuckable soft loops and the claw. I do notice it in this position (a Phantom carried IWB in the same position is more comfortable), but that has not kept me from being able to wear it all day.
    Last edited by martin_j001; 02-03-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Well written review. I'm looking forward to your Eidolon one. I've been using mine since last summer and I love it for AIWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Well written review. I'm looking forward to your Eidolon one. I've been using mine since last summer and I love it for AIWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Eidolon is very modular and while I'd love to a quick and dirty review it'll take me a bit to get all the weird configs worked out and do a review covering them all, plus its like the 5th or 6th on the list.

User Tag List