Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HR218 and DC

The FBI Washington Field Office is right around the corner from the LE Memorial. Just sayin...
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    I just walked through that area yesterday. Philly must be really nice if that part of DC looks bad in comparison.
    Last edited by Le Français; 10-11-2015 at 11:23 PM.

DC gets unfairly maligned on this board. Long time posters are afraid to walk the same streets that are full of school kids on field trips from around the country.

The streets from the LE Memorial to the Mall are fine.

Of course, isn't this the same board that has people admitting that they are too afraid to shop in Wal-mart. (Or was that TPI?) So what do you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup town View Post
    Of course, isn't this the same board that has people admitting that they are too afraid to shop in Wal-mart. (Or was that TPI?) So what do you expect.
    Knock off the passive aggressive insults or leave, Pup town. Public warning. Also, feel free to go to an ECQC class and tell SouthNarc and his students how afraid they are. Or are in face insults not your forte?
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 10-12-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: *are*
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Regarding people posting about being afraid to shop in Wal-mart, well, it's the internet and people post all sorts of stuff that I chalk up to hyperbole.
    I don't know to what he's specifically referring, and I didn't encounter it in my ECQC class, but I've definitely seen the sentiment in every other class I've been in. "Afraid to go where busloads of school-children on field trips" sums it up quite well, actually.

Claude Werner also wrote about this, and how uber-tactical-awareness people are often missing out on what it means to actually live in America. So if the professor wrote about the notion, then it must be real.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Apparently PF and TPI both share similar over reaction to people posting their first hand experience.

*your experience may vary

There, disclaimer added

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Apparently PF and TPI both share similar over reaction to people posting their first hand experience.

*your experience may vary

There, disclaimer added
    Well, I'm curious what you actually encountered that made you feel the area was shitty. From the mall to the LE memorial is almost one continuous park of sorts, so it's not a bad looking area.....and the crime stats certainly aren't there.

I mean, when someone says "shitty" I think Frankford or Kensington. Or, in the case of DC, Trinidad and Anacostia....maybe even Adams Morgan if you don't like to see beer bottles being smashed on peoples' heads....

....but certainly not the mall.
    Last edited by TGS; 10-12-2015 at 09:12 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Well, I'm curious what you actually encountered that made you feel the area was shitty. From the mall to the LE memorial is almost one continuous park of sorts, so it's not a bad looking area.....and the crime stats certainly aren't there.

I mean, when someone says "shitty" I think Frankford or Kensington. Or, in the case of DC, Trinidad and Anacostia....maybe even Adams Morgan if you don't like to see beer bottles being smashed on peoples' heads....

When I see groups of homeless bums harassing people on corners unchecked and other groups of roaming corner hood boy types, thats a shitty area. Thats what I saw two blocks, I guess it was south, southwest of the LE memorial, just roaming looking for prey.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

This right here. I don't like anything about DC, but it's not particularly unsafe, at least around the touristy parts. I've been working in DC proper for over ten years, and the worst I've ever had to deal with was some moderately aggressive panhandling.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Parts of DC are not like other parts of DC, the whole town is not the same. Around the touristy sights and during the day one has far less to worry about. Away from those areas, and after dark, is a different issue.

My first trip to DC I missed the last Metro train back to the area of my hotel. I had my snubby in my hand while dealing with a MUC situation five times during the walk back to the area of the hotel with my girlfriend. Five fucking times in the space of about two miles.

My last trip there I witnessed a crazy dude randomly punch the shit out of a federal court judge who was walking through a park and minding his own damn bizniss.

On the trips in between I have seen shop owners in full on brawls with thieves, a crazy lady pissing on a monument, aggressive panhandlers who didn't want to take no for an answer, dudes smoking dope in broad daylight on park benches while hitting tourists up for money.....

I'm not afraid of going to DC or WalMart, but I'm not stupid either.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List