Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 with RMR06 and KKM compensator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    This is kind of how I feel as well.

A qualitative difference like "under these conditions I can still aim and shoot with a MRDS but with irons I can't" may not produce a number but is easy for me to accept.

An ill-defined quantitative difference like "I shoot it better than irons" is where I think some of us hunger for numbers, because accuracy and time are easily measured.

I basically hope to get a few things out of the test drive:

Subjective comparison to shooting the irons I am very used to.

Objective comparison on a few drills that incorporate easy and difficult targets, short and long distance, draws, multiple shots, and moving target and moving shooter.

Subjective comparison to irons in chaotic lighting conditions - I'm thinking police and strobe lights on, regular lights turned down, maybe a target that's hard to see, and add some movement. Maybe I will find that there are things I can do with the MRDS that I can't do with irons? Interested to find out.
    I tested a G17 with an RMR for a while a few years ago. It definitely made the edge-case shots (SOTM, low-light, pouring rain, etc.) easier. It was slower for the up-close stuff, and while I didn't do the work it would have taken to master that stuff, I felt that it would have been possible to run very nearly as fast as with irons had I been willing to put forth the effort.

Right now, I'm waiting for the technology to improve and for prices to drop.

Okie John

I've broken way more lasers on pistols than RDS.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I firmly believe RDS's are the future of handgun sights, at least in LEO and Mil. work, just as the red dot optic is now standard kit on rifles. Don't have one of those on your long gun as a cop or service member? You're WAY behind the curve. I've worked enough with RDS mounted handguns to know that, overall, I don't need one yet. In another five to ten years I can see it as a must as my eyesight continues to degrade, but not now. I don't think the technology is perfected yet, but it will be. Working the midnight shift I can see an RDS on my handgun as a real game changer, just as the Aimpoint was on my rifle. So while I don't see it as a necessity now, I definitely see its potential and think anyone who dismisses it is a fool.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    If only I had a disco ball, I would use it for this, trust me. As it is, we'll just have to be happy with the police lights and strobe. Maybe I will bring a wireless speaker and play some House music out of my phone though...
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Byron, Kevin, Doc and others, thanks for all the great info. Byron, especially thanks for the effort to make the new illustration!

If schedule permits, I hope to shoot my G17 RMR tonight against a Sig 226 with their excellent dual visible/IR laser grips. Would like to do this unaided in twilight, pitch dark and then with my -14. As I reported, I am experiencing blooming with my RMR in low and dark conditions. Not sure what it will look like through the -14.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I am way late to the party but if I can answer any ATOM questions let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Unity Nate View Post
    I am way late to the party but if I can answer any ATOM questions let me know.
    When will the Gen 4 G22 Atom slide be available? Is it made out of unicorn hide? How flat shooting is it? How does it do with 9mm conversion barrels? Can I put it on a 1911 frame?

Hiding... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    When will the Gen 4 G22 Atom slide be available? Is it made out of unicorn hide? How flat shooting is it? How does it do with 9mm conversion barrels? Can I put it on a 1911 frame?

Hiding... :-)

We are 60 Days out on Gen4 22s. We can no longer source Fair Trade Unicorn Hide. As a result we have switched to Panda Skin, Red Panda not that Chinese Crap. So flat, super soft. Depends on the broacher. If you have one of the early Bul Frames it can be made to fit. Not the more recent Kimber imports but the older more rare Springfield Imports.

Quote Originally Posted by Unity Nate View Post
    We are 60 Days out on Gen4 22s. We can no longer source Fair Trade Unicorn Hide. As a result we have switched to Panda Skin, Red Panda not that Chinese Crap. So flat, super soft. Depends on the broacher. If you have one of the early Bul Frames it can be made to fit. Not the more recent Kimber imports but the older more rare Springfield Imports.
    :-)

You need to use an adjustable intensity RMR with NVG's--hence another reason for the recommendation for RMR06's.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List