Page 21 of 684 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    No. The current 18" barrel has a fixed cylinder choke.
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, that wasn't the answer for which I was hoping.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Is the rear sight assembly plastic or metal? Also is the rail a real picatinny rail or does it have one of those cutouts down the length of the rail?

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Is the rear sight assembly plastic or metal? Also is the rail a real picatinny rail or does it have one of those cutouts down the length of the rail?
    It sounds like there may be some variation depending upon serial number. My TX4 has a metal rail, and metal LPA rear sight. I believe DockGKR reported at least one, if not all his 1301 Tacticals have a metal rear sight and rail. The accessory rail I bought (Beretta part) from Brownell's is metal. Someone reported here or elsewhere that their 1301, or one they were familiar with, Tactical had a plastic rail and rear sight.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Brownells has a short rail listed as coming soon. I wonder if it is Aluminum?

TX4 has chokes -- the fixed choke may be something they did as part of lowering the price on the 1301 Tactical.

That or they figured that folks wanting chokes were more likely going with a more game/competition oriented 21" or 24" barrel.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That one has 12 cross slots, the pic on the 1301 Tac shotgun listing has 7. That was why I keyed in on the "short" in the Brownell's listing.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    That or they figured that folks wanting chokes were more likely going with a more game/competition oriented 21" or 24" barrel.
    The Federal Flight Control stuff works fine out of a cylinder bore barrel, but most of the other stuff won't hold tight enough beyond 7-10 yards without some sort of choke.

My 870P wasn't shooting tight enough for me to pass the Shotgun Instructor course at GPSTC. One of the instructors threaded the barrel and put in a modified choke, and with the Remington 8-pellet stuff, an outstretched hand will cover the pattern at 25 yards.

I'd like to be able to match the choke to the load.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Don't disagree.

However, most of the folks here who would use a 1301 Tac only shoot slugs or Flight Control...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List