Page 72 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Heh, yeah.
    The big guy is just a bit shy of 2 years and breaking 100 lbs. He's a summer guest, very well behaved.

The little guy is 15 weeks and over 30 lbs. He's shaping up to be a phenomenal dog.
    Cool. With a little luck Charlie will win my wife over and she'll choose another GSD in a year or two. (Having a puppy is so much easier with a well-behaved dog in the house...) If Charlie keeps playing with the boys like she does, I think there's a good chance...

Name:  charlie-n-the-boys.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  93.0 KB
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

A couple of pics of our Siberian, Katya:

Lucy the GSD passed away this winter. After a while it was apparent that Marvin the yipdog needed a wingman to deal with our three year old. Enter Katie:
    . Not easy to get a picture of a year old puppy rescue but there you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ignore Alien Orders

I wish I could say I have an exotic Rhodesian Ridgeback or a Chesapeake Bay Retriever but my wife brought this crazy Lab home 8 months ago. LOL

Our 10 year old Shih tzu hates her but I guess we couldn't ask for a better companion for our 3 year old. She just follows her around the yard and Oddly & Instinctively keeps her away from the rails of our boat.
    Last edited by Wolvee; 05-22-2014 at 10:27 AM.
    _________In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome._______________________

Awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee View Post
    I wish I could say I have an exotic Rhodesian Ridgeback or a Chesapeake Bay Retriever but my wife brought this crazy Lab home 8 months ago. LOL

Our 10 year old Shih tzu hates her but I guess we couldn't ask for a better companion for our 3 year old. She just follows her around the yard and Oddly & Instinctively keeps her away from the rails of our boat.
    MUST. KILL. BUBBLES.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

^That was our narration while it was happening. lol
    _________In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome._______________________

Attention dog trainers! I know some of you are out there. My dog has been doing well on a leash, but I think he has a long-distance gene in him and I'd like some advice. I'm considering shock collar training, but I'd like to get your feedback before I buy a collar or attend a class. I'm in NJ and would rather train him in my own state rather than travel too far. Hopefully all of the above is doable. He's a Coonhound/pointer/Aussie Shepherd mix....so we're told, but he looks like a red-headed step child of the English Setter gene pool. I'll post a picture in a minute once I edit this on my phone. Thanks in advance!

He's about 55 lbs now.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Attention dog trainers! I know some of you are out there. My dog has been doing well on a leash, but I think he has a long-distance gene in him and I'd like some advice. I'm considering shock collar training, but I'd like to get your feedback before I buy a collar or attend a class. I'm in NJ and would rather train him in my own state rather than travel too far. Hopefully all of the above is doable. He's a Coonhound/pointer/Aussie Shepherd mix....so we're told, but he looks like a red-headed step child of the English Setter gene pool. I'll post a picture in a minute once I edit this on my phone. Thanks in advance!

He's about 55 lbs now.

I would do both. The structure of a dog class is great for the dog and you. I rescued a dog that was full grown and had zero training, I got an einstein collar and took classes and am very glad I did, he is 100lbs and picked up some very bad habits such as jumping and running, I barely use the thing now but 2 months of that and classes and I have an extremely obedient dog

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal24k View Post
    I would do both. The structure of a dog class is great for the dog and you. I rescued a dog that was full grown and had zero training, I got an einstein collar and took classes and am very glad I did, he is 100lbs and picked up some very bad habits such as jumping and running, I barely use the thing now but 2 months of that and classes and I have an extremely obedient dog

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I failed to mention that he's been to obedience school when we first got him at 5 months. Now, I'd like to go for a "level 2 training".

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

User Tag List