Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: VA Lawmakers .... doing a good job

The government having control over all private firearms transfers is a bit outside of my comfort zone. Gives me the creeps. Makes me want to go find my tinfoil hat.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    The government having control over all private firearms transfers is a bit outside of my comfort zone. Gives me the creeps. Makes me want to go find my tinfoil hat.
    Why? You already buy new guns I assume at least some of the time and then you submit to a simple fast background check through a dealer? Why would you be more worried with used guns?
    Pat

I guess it's not ME personally, but the idea of the AMERICAN PEOPLE giving power over ALL firearms transfers to the government from now until the end of time. That really creeps me out. All of this without being convinced it would make a difference, or not be used to weaken gun rights in the future.

I'm going to attempt a different tact. Alaskapopo, have you ever lived outside of Alaska?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Why? You already buy new guns I assume at least some of the time and then you submit to a simple fast background check through a dealer? Why would you be more worried with used guns?
    Pat

Because there are people in the world who think guns in totality should be banned.

And they vote, which IS a problem for the rest of us.Like the NFA, what starts out as "a simple and fast background check" turns into "submit three notarized copies of Reason To Purchase to your Local Circuit Court, at which point you pay $150.00 for a one time Permission to Complete Private Sale Background Check .If you have any undisposed traffic tickets or arrests, your purchase WILL be DENIED pending administrative review.."

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Or perhaps a universe where people use common sense reason vs emotions like fear.
    Pat
    If my eyes have not completely failed me, you are the one who argued that not modifying background checks to your preference = giving guns to felons.

...and didn't you quit this thread like 5 times now? Insert Al Pacino gif here.

If you want to continue this sort of approach in "debating" things on the forum, have at it...but don't get offended when people start pointedly calling you out on your rather incredible assertions.
    3/15/2016

Again with the boss thing. Are you just trying to get banned, Pat?

Dammit, this is like watching a 50-car pileup from my front porch. I want it to end, but every time I think we're done with the screeching and the banging, there's another vehicle crashing into the pile.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    We now return you to your normally scheduled discussion.
    3/15/2016

I don't need data I have real life experience.
    http://www.evilsugarradio.com/episod...-to-think/190/

Notes on Papua New Guinea and gun ownership in regards to the topic at hand. PNG has everything the most ardent gun banner wants, and more. Full registration, permits needed for each gun, and a permit needed to carry that gun. Ban on ammo except for range use. Ban on pistol carry permits unless the gun is 'grandfathered in'. No semiautomatic rifles allowed AT ALL.

And in what is a depressingly familiar refrain, you also have a ton of crime, murder, rape, and all the rest. Pretty much every expat or successful citizen has to hire security guards for their house 24/7, put bars on the windows, and a razorwire topped fence is a pretty solid idea.

Meanwhile, do the criminals have guns? Oh, yeah.

Don't work in PNG, and it ain't working in the US.

User Tag List