Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Bore 32 H&R Wadcutters

Buffalo Bore 32 H&R Wadcutters

Quote Originally Posted by RBO View Post
    $38 for a box of 20?!?
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

Looks like nice option for a hotter wadcutter load if needed.
    I'm thinking some hand loads with Power Pistol or Longshot powder could duplicate that fairly easily.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    $38 for a box of 20?!?
    Pretty standard pricing for BB. It's not a practice load, fire a couple cylinders to verify POA/POI and practice with whatever is cheapest.

Other than most of their “standard pressure “ loads are un-shootable in an 11 oz. Gun (the 32 is likely easy to shoot) the meplat looks better than LR from a cutting perspective.

I would love to see testing of this load to see what the penetration of the bullet @ 900 fps is. The comments in the product description are less than confidence inspiring, IMO. Some actual performance data would be nice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    I would love to see testing of this load to see what the penetration of the bullet @ 900 fps is. The comments in the product description are less than confidence inspiring, IMO. Some actual performance data would be nice.
    Their 32 Long 100gr wadcutters do like 22" in bare gel out of a 2" barrel. Not sure about 4 layer.

Perfect timing, this looks fantastic for a carry option.

Don't hate too hard...

But if 4 legged animal defense is a concern I'd want 38 or up..

So if .32MAG why would someone want a Wadcutter over Federal's JHP that does expand perfect 2 layer denim, and pretty darn good bigger deformation like becoming a larger wadcutter in 4LD? It certainly looks to go deep enough for Biped defense...and dog defense too if that's the concern so typical tshirt and a hoodie I wouldn't worry.

Mind you I don't own anything in .32 or .312 or .327 or 30 super....but even .32 acp is getting hydrashok deep now so there are jhps that expand well in any of them.....though I could see the rare case of maybe alternating LONGER FMJs and HS in a 32 acp for both penetration and rimlock if tested. I started looking into all of the .312s once the Jcarry came out and everyone on here was talking about .32 mag.

I'm not fully getting the extreme love of Wadcutters on this board, unless you're becoming older and lower recoil is really needed....

OK I just read his nice write up.

But still, he also used to make a 85 gr JHp that did great, but recently some online were actually 60 gr that may be too light and I don't see him selling that anymore.

Now he has a 100+P load as well https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=257

Looking at the velocities, even if that is an XTP I would expect that to expand perfect from 3" though not sure about 2" or less

So maybe I would buy both that and the wadcutter and the fed jhp and time and test POI and split times...

I was considering getting into a .327 either Ruger or Taurus so I was researching all of this when the jcarry came out and pricing .32 long etc.

User Tag List