Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1378

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Is this a good thing?
    My NRA membership is up for renewal this month, and I’m contemplating whether my dues would do more good with GOA, or my state 2A organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Is this a good thing?
    My NRA membership is up for renewal this month, and I’m contemplating whether my dues would do more good with GOA, or my state 2A organization.
    A reformer got elected to replace Wayne.
    Several other reformers got elected to high offices.
    Only major office that didn't get taken by a reform candidate was President...

Very good news for the moment.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Is this a good thing?
    I am renewing one year at a time.

I would encourage membership in other organizations, particularly because GOA, SAF, and FPC have all been successful at getting injunctions which apply to their members while challenging various gun laws.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    A reformer got elected to replace Wayne.
    Several other reformers got elected to high offices.
    Only major office that didn't get taken by a reform candidate was President...

Very good news for the moment.
    I like Bob Barr well enough. Stand up Congressman back in the 1980s.

Apparently, it was a Trifecta with the removal of Wayne's 2 henchmen. The NRA needs an internal audit and house cleaning.

I have to imagine the fundraising for lobbying and fighting against anti gun legislation will rise.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 05-21-2024 at 09:13 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Maybe, with reformers taking over, it's time to go back?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    That does sound hopeful.
    Okay, I’ve renewed my NRA membership, along with FPC and my local state organization.
    Any other suggestions for where to direct funds - organizations that are effective in the 2A realm?

Site Supporter
    That does sound hopeful.
    Okay, I’ve renewed my NRA membership, along with FPC and my local state organization.
    Any other suggestions for where to direct funds - organizations that are effective in the 2A realm?
    Second Amendment Foundation. At this point supporting the NRA, FPC, and SAF are all helpful. GOA has also had some recent successes, although their ability to strategize does not strike me as being at the same level as the other organizations.

Site Supporter
    The NRA just won a unanimous Supreme Court ruling on first amendment grounds. The opinion, written by Sandra Sotomayor, overturned a 2nd Circuit opinion, and permits the NRA to proceed with its suit against the NY Department of Financial Services. NY DFE is not allowed to use its regulatory power to coerce banks and insurance companies to refuse to deal with the NRA.

This is an important victory against back door gun control. Although private entities are generally free to deal with or not real with who they choose, it will now be harder for government entities to coerce them into making these decisions.

The suit is not over. The NRA still needs to prove at trial that this actually happened and caused harm to the NRA. However, the legal framework in which the case will be heard has now been strongly clarified in their favor.

It is noteworthy that a liberal justice appointed by B. Hussein Obama authored the opinion. Although political views certainly color any judge’s perception of the Constitution, these decisions are not purely political decisions.

Supreme Court rules in favor of NRA in key First Amendment case

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...amendment-case

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The NRA just won a unanimous Supreme Court ruling on first amendment grounds. The opinion, written by Sandra Sotomayor, overturned a 2nd Circuit opinion, and permits the NRA to proceed with its suit against the NY Department of Financial Services. NY DFE is not allowed to use its regulatory power to coerce banks and insurance companies to refuse to deal with the NRA.

This is an important victory against back door gun control. Although private entities are generally free to deal with or not real with who they choose, it will now be harder for government entities to coerce them into making these decisions.

The suit is not over. The NRA still needs to prove at trial that this actually happened and caused harm to the NRA. However, the legal framework in which the case will be heard has now been strongly clarified in their favor.

It is noteworthy that a liberal justice appointed by B. Hussein Obama authored the opinion. Although political views certainly color any judge’s perception of the Constitution, these decisions are not purely political decisions.

Supreme Court rules in favor of NRA in key First Amendment case

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...amendment-case

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
    That was a big deal win today...... Surprising only to the 2nd Circuit, I suppose... 2nd covers CT, VT and NY... The 2nd-Circuit M-Fers that decided against the NRA on this 1A claim need to be disbarred, it was so transparently obvious. (Non-lawyer, 2A me... WTF do I actually know?..but that was obvious to anyone.. even Sotomayor and Kagan)
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List