Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LEOSA Reform Act

Site Supporter

LEOSA Reform Act

This bill passed in the House (221-185) and “broadens the authority for certain law enforcement officers to carry concealed firearms across state lines.

Specifically, the bill allows qualified active and retired law enforcement officers to carry concealed firearms and ammunition (including magazines) in school zones; in national parks; on state, local, or private property that is open to the public; and in certain federal facilities that are open to the public.

Further, the bill permits states to reduce the frequency with which retired law enforcement officers must meet certain qualification standards.”

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-...-bill/354/text

I believe it also removes the state authority to limit magazine capacity for handguns carried under LEOSA.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Outstanding!
    FLEOA, as you probably already know, is asking everyone to urge their senators to pass the legislation once received from the House.

Hope this passes. I’ll contact the offices of both of my senators.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

If this passes the Senate, will President Biden sign this into law?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    If this passes the Senate, will President Biden sign this into law?
    I can't see him seeing it as a threat to his administration. Besides, he should want his Secret Service agents to be happy.

Site Supporter
    There are currently 217 Republicans in the House, and this passed with 221 votes. My guess is that this vote was largely along party lines, and it will not pass the Senate. Cops bad, mmmkay?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    There are currently 217 Republicans in the House, and this passed with 221 votes. My guess is that this vote was largely along party lines, and it will not pass the Senate. Cops bad, mmmkay?
    "Encouraging the carry of firearms by retired officers will only increase the systemic problem of police violence that plagues many communities in our country!"
    -Senator Derpa-Derpa.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    "Encouraging the carry of firearms by retired officers will only increase the systemic problem of police violence that plagues many communities in our country!"
    -Senator Derpa-Derpa.
    There are people on one side who will say “guns are bad, police are bad, police with guns are very bad.” There are also some people on the other side who will say “expanding concealed carry for police without doing it for everyone else is liberticidal! Who cares if it makes people safer!”

User Tag List