Page 3554 of 3568 FirstFirst ... 25543054345435043544355235533554355535563564 ... LastLast
Results 35,531 to 35,540 of 35678

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Name:  IMG_6126.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  40.9 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Name:  IMG_2221.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  35.8 KB

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Name:  IMG_20240513_093046.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  45.4 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Analysis: true.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Back in the way back when such things were hardcopies we had an expense report form with all of the travel rules printed on the back side of the form. And every time a certain collogue would get home from a trip one of the admins would come around with new forms with new rules and ask us for any copies we might have of the old form and the old rules and take them and shred them. Not saying that I never ever fudged something to cover the cost of what I actually spent or where I actually spent it (if anyone ever visited Windsor, ON in the eighties, they know what I am inferring...) but this dude took it to a new (eventually criminal) level. I don't know the exact circumstance of his separation from the company (I think he quit) but after him backing into the deal of a lifetime after only a short time on the job (and our boss persistently taunting the rest of it over the new guy's success) he eventually fell from grace as he became a one hit wonder that never followed up with anything else significant.

But when he quit or got fired (he probably milked the one big project until it ran out) he had just come home from a trip, and simply never turned in the rental car until right before the next credit card billing cycle when it would be apparent he had been driving the thing personally for almost a month, and even dropped it off trashed enough that the rental company charged extra for cleaning it. And our boss was embarrassed enough that his favorite son (not actually his son, but they were a couple fuck-ups also) screwed him he just paid the bill and brushed it under the carpet.

And to this day I remember this every time I file an expense report...

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Name:  IMG_2221.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  35.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Back in the way back when such things were hardcopies we had an expense report form with all of the travel rules printed on the back side of the form. And every time a certain collogue would get home from a trip one of the admins would come around with new forms with new rules and ask us for any copies we might have of the old form and the old rules and take them and shred them. Not saying that I never ever fudged something to cover the cost of what I actually spent or where I actually spent it (if anyone ever visited Windsor, ON in the eighties, they know what I am inferring...) but this dude took it to a new (eventually criminal) level. I don't know the exact circumstance of his separation from the company (I think he quit) but after him backing into the deal of a lifetime after only a short time on the job (and our boss persistently taunting the rest of it over the new guy's success) he eventually fell from grace as he became a one hit wonder that never followed up with anything else significant.

But when he quit or got fired (he probably milked the one big project until it ran out) he had just come home from a trip, and simply never turned in the rental car until right before the next credit card billing cycle when it would be apparent he had been driving the thing personally for almost a month, and even dropped it off trashed enough that the rental company charged extra for cleaning it. And our boss was embarrassed enough that his favorite son (not actually his son, but they were a couple fuck-ups also) screwed him he just paid the bill and brushed it under the carpet.

And to this day I remember this every time I file an expense report...
    Shitbirds gonna shitbird, amiright?😎

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I work with a guy who went to law school, but never passed the bar. He refers to himself as “Doctor,” which is not something that real lawyers do, and is made even worse by the fact that we work closely with the medical industry, including, of course, real doctors.

I printed this out, taped it to his office nameplate, and snapped a pic to send to my co-workers. I was very tempted to leave it up, but the wisdom and discretion of experience got the better of me.

Site Supporter
    This will hurt all us PhD 'doctors'. When I got my degree - my MIL - said: Too bad you are not a real doctor and make money.

She had a point. When I was a kid, it was the culture that the MD's kid went to med school. The rest of us just got a job out of college - maybe a HS teacher. I was unusual to go one. My parents (no offense to them) were clueless on the graduate school path but were proud of it, when it happened.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

My father had a PhD degree and I know he was proud of the accomplishment it represented.

However, many times when someone would ask him what kind of “Doctor” he was, he’d say “the kind that doesn’t do anybody any good.”

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I work with a guy who went to law school, but never passed the bar. He refers to himself as “Doctor,” which is not something that real lawyers do, and is made even worse by the fact that we work closely with the medical industry, including, of course, real doctors.
    A few years after graduation, one of my classmates went to Germany to visit her Oma. When she was there, people addressed her formally as "Frau Doktor..."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List