Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sports fans- do you own your favorite players jerseys?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I have a couple for baseball and hockey, the only two sports I care about.

It's no different than guys buying all the Nine Line or ZeroFoxtrot shirts or whatever. At least when I buy a sports jersey I'm not LARP'ing as a pro ball player.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Nope. Never have. Never thought about doing so, either.
    Me neither. I'm down for some weird shit, but that's too creepy for me.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have a green alternate sweater with JR Roenick’s name and number on it. It’s autographed too. I never felt a stigma about wearing it. I do need to put it in a shadow box though.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I have a green alternate sweater with JR Roenick’s name and number on it. It’s autographed too. I never felt a stigma about wearing it. I do need to put it in a shadow box though.
    He was a classmate of one of the fellas I mentored on the job. (As if he needed one. His dad was the SAC at one of the other agencies. He was a good kid though.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Do y'all not have Trump shirts? DTOM? Team Glock? Ford/Chevy? Other brands?

It's just showing support of something you both enjoy and are a fan of.

Gun forums seem, IMO, to care little about sports. To the point of being somewhat disparaging. I believe it's because they, and PF specifically, usually attract the kind of people who realize that sportsball doesn't pay your bills. I realize that also, I just like it as entertainment and acknowledge that's all it is.

Conversely, there's a lot of people who like watches way too much.

I've got several Yankees jerseys with no numbers on the back (Yankees don't put players' names on their jerseys). The only jersey I have with a number on it is a Derek Jeter Hall of Fame jersey.

I wouldn't wear one with another dude's name on it, but that's just me.

My wife and I are big baseball fans. By that I mean, we have the MLB.TV package, have season tickets to one team's spring training, have been to MLB games this season in two different parks, have season tickets to a Low A team in the Florida State League (FSL), and attend MILB games at two other parks. Our summer social life revolves around baseball and our friends who are into baseball. IOW, we spend a lot of time and money on baseball. We have quite a few jerseys as well as more than a few game-used balls. I usually wear a jersey to a game. Two of mine have player names on them. One is an old jersey from when Greg Maddux played for Atlanta, and the other is a game-used jersey from spring training from a guy who never made it to the Show. The rest have numbers on the rear. The ones I wear have numbers on the rear, not names.

Shirts with universities on them that either my kids go to or that I’m a fan of their sports programs

NO pro shit or names

Name:  IMG_4819.jpeg
Views: 83
Size:  37.9 KB

Although this high school in my state has my favorite mascot

If you're a kid, I think that's fine. My nephews, in their early teens, wanted a certified PSG Zlatan Ibrahimovic shirt for Christmas so we got them one each; they weren't cheap and hard to get.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I don't.

I have thought of getting a jersey of my favorite team and putting my own last name on it, but I recall an ESPN "Mike & Mike in the Morning" episode, where Mike Golic (former Notre Dame and Philadelphia Eagles player) commented about such stuff and mentioned his personal objection to that stuff since the fan didn't actually play for said team. I know it's kind of dumb, but it did affect my thought process and I decided against it.

I do have some logo-gear from the college my kids went to, but not game jersey's. I have thought of getting them a game football jersey with their graduation year as the number, that they can wear to games or watch parties, but then I'd have to figure out if whoever wore that number is now in prison or has some kind of bad behavior that they'd not like to be associated with, so no jersey's for them, yet.

The only jersey we have is a Red Sox Dwight Evans (also like the Yankees, no names, just numbers) that I bought for my wife years ago since she was a Dwight Evans fan.
    Last edited by JTQ; 05-08-2024 at 07:39 PM.

User Tag List