Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Archon Type-B: First Fifty

Site Supporter

I have 400+ rounds through my Archon, now

No issues.

I cleaned and lubed it after my 2/28 range trip. Put about 100 rounds through it. Didn't clean it or relube it, sat for 2 weeks... then 60+ rounds. Didn't clean or relube it, sat for another week... then 100+ rounds. Mix of 115 and 124 FMJ.

I realize PF is the land of the 2000-round challenge and that's not blowing anyone's mind. But I'd say it bodes well for the gun's reliability. I'll probably shoot one more time before I finish writing the review on my blog.

Overall, my shooting impressions haven't changed a whole lot in the past few hundred rounds. It offers a very direct, visceral shooting experience. Though, as @pangloss pointed out, the mag release does dig into your middle-finger tip on your strong hand. I'm finding I notice that a bit more, now. Certainly not a deal breaker, but it's mildly annoying. Hopefully they'll offer a more low profile button, at some point. So far, I have not had any of the "auto forward" slide release situations Pangloss encountered.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    No issues.

I cleaned and lubed it after my 2/28 range trip. Put about 100 rounds through it. Didn't clean it or relube it, sat for 2 weeks... then 60+ rounds. Didn't clean or relube it, sat for another week... then 100+ rounds. Mix of 115 and 124 FMJ.

I realize PF is the land of the 2000-round challenge and that's not blowing anyone's mind. But I'd say it bodes well for the gun's reliability. I'll probably shoot one more time before I finish writing the review on my blog.

Overall, my shooting impressions haven't changed a whole lot in the past few hundred rounds. It offers a very direct, visceral shooting experience. Though, as @pangloss pointed out, the mag release does dig into your middle-finger tip on your strong hand. I'm finding I notice that a bit more, now. Certainly not a deal breaker, but it's mildly annoying. Hopefully they'll offer a more low profile button, at some point. So far, I have not had any of the "auto forward" slide release situations Pangloss encountered.
    Thanks for the update! I'm at 850 rounds now, and I bought a AIWB holster from Tier 1. I've not cleaned of lubed the pistol since the first round fired. I've put 115, 124, and 147 grain ammo through mine, including a box of 147 HST and 124 +P Gold Dots. It'll be a little while before I get to 2000 rounds, but that's my plan at the moment. The mag release bothers me less than it did to begin with, but auto forwarding is still annoying. I still like the pistol but still can't shoot it as well as my Glocks. On days that I'm shooting well, I seem to shoot it very well. Tracking the sights seems easier than with my non-PX4 pistols. However, on days when I don't shoot well, shots will feel good when they break but not go where I meant them too. It's difficult for me to diagnose my problems on those days. Nevertheless, I have zero regrets about buying the pistol.

The Gen 2 is in stock here:

https://atlanticfirearms.com/archon-...2-9mm-threaded

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Aaron Cowan has a review up on Patreon. His gun is the Gen 2 with ACRO footprint.

He didn't have any zero issues with his drop tests. He says the gun shoots good. He likes the look of it and the Gen 2 grip size and length adapters.

He doesn't think the low bore axis makes that much difference in terms of actual shooting. At least not enough difference for him to get excited about.

Interestingly he used CZ mags with mag extensions. I thought CZ mags wouldn't work without modifications?

The only issue he had overall was the ambi / reversible mag catch. He said it bound up when he had it in lefty configuration. In righty configuration it worked fine.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

User Tag List