Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: To G or not to G...help me build a Pizza gun

I'd wager any grit in the TB is from the DLC finish. It has a tendency to curl on sharp edges when applied (you'd need serious magnification to see that). It should break in at round 200 rounds iirc as that laps in.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    I'd wager any grit in the TB is from the DLC finish. It has a tendency to curl on sharp edges when applied (you'd need serious magnification to see that). It should break in at round 200 rounds iirc as that laps in.
    After messing with it a bunch tonight I think it's the rear of the trigger bar (sharp pointy part) interface with the flat of the hammer. I think it's basically scraping as you apply take-up in SA.

I'm going to go shoot it a bunch (once it dries out here long enough to go the range) and see if it goes away.

Now if my Dawson front sight and LOK grips would just show up...

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    After messing with it a bunch tonight I think it's the rear of the trigger bar (sharp pointy part) interface with the flat of the hammer. I think it's basically scraping as you apply take-up in SA.

I'm going to go shoot it a bunch (once it dries out here long enough to go the range) and see if it goes away.

Now if my Dawson front sight and LOK grips would just show up...
    Well there is an old school quick and dirty trick that might break that in real quick. Note: do NOT do this more than twice (once should do it). If you put the hammer in SA, and push forward on the hammer with your thumb with a good deal of force, and then pull the trigger though that resistance, it'll lap those surfaces. Again, do NOT do this a bunch; once or twice, no more, and only on components that have not already been modified.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

User Tag List