Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    You've gotta follow a bunch of accounts on Instagram to see posts they make to their "stories" which disappear in 24 hours.

But he's reported to be courting support of the board and contacting MDs and SCs to get them to stay loyal.
    The only thing I saw was a video YML put out on Youtube right after the 1st of the year outlining his vision for 2024 -which was IMO a good thing since the Board has been radio silent for a while.

I say give him a chance, and also give USPSA a chance to right the ship. For him (or any leader) to be successful he needs to bring enough of a majority together to have momentum for any meaningful change. Your list of things that you want him to do would tantamount be pulling a pin on a grenade and rolling it into the board room. Nothing good would come of that until the numbers shift. Right now, w/ A1 and A3 vacant, I would put it at best as a 3 vs 4 vote on anything of substantive change from what the old guard pushed thru (Prez, A6 and A8 on one side, A2, A4, A5, and A7 on the other). But if YML can work with some of the OG Gang of 4 and persuade even one of them to vote in a different direction, then the balance shifts to 4 vs 3 or maybe even flip it to 5 vs 2 which is where Scott found himself when he was trying to make reforms (bad timing on his part IMO).

When A1 and A3 interim ADs are in place there is an additional opportunity. And even more opportunity when A2 and A5 elections take place and new ADs are voted in.

Leadership has been described as the ability to influence others. An effective leader moves followers into action not with coercion but by eliciting their desire and conviction in the vision and goals articulated by the leader. Misused influence can bring about catastrophic results.

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    The only thing I saw was a video YML put out on Youtube right after the 1st of the year outlining his vision for 2024 -which was IMO a good thing since the Board has been radio silent for a while.
    You mean the video where he stated he wants member concerns to be heard and addressed? The one where comments from members with concerns that need to be heard and addressed were deleted by YML?

THAT video?

I say again: this is the worst movie I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    If that's from PSI I have no doubt it's his ongoing CNN spin on it.

I could see YML trying to keep the health of the organization intact like getting MDs and SCs to stick with it so they can make change with new BOD members in the future.

But PSI would spin it as YML being a traitor to the cause. The problem is PSI wants destruction of the org at any cost, really.

Those are just my impressions.
    I would agree with @JCN.

The USPSA Board has traditionally been reluctant or slow to put out public statements. What results is a vacuum that gets filled by other people, and guys like PSI and Stoeger control the narrative -saying whatever is on their agenda.

USPSA is a popular gun game with a lot of people who feel passionately about it. I’m one of them, and I for one want to see USPSA survive (albeit quit doing dumb shit) but IMO it has the best ruleset and established match format of any other shooting sport out there. But for it to survive and be viable into the future it needs members and clubs as their customer base. We want it to be solvent, and in order for that to occur there needs to be some change. But IMO the way to bring that about is not to burn it down then try to revive it from the ashes. I think there needs to be some house cleaning in the leadership, some better practices and controls put into place on spending, and more communication. But at the end of the day I just want to go shoot with my friends 2-3 times a month and go to a few majors every year.

You mean the video where he stated he wants member concerns to be heard and addressed? The one where comments from members with concerns that need to be heard and addressed were deleted by YML?

THAT video?

I say again: this is the worst movie I've ever seen.
    You’re passionate, I’ll give you that.

But if things suck so bad from your perspective, why are you wasting your time with USPSA politics. Quit, and go do something else that brings you enjoyment and less aggro. I’m at the point in my life where I want less stress and clutter. If something like this vexed me so bad I’d go do something else.

The USPSA Board has traditionally been reluctant or slow to put out public statements.
    They have to get their lies straight.

You’re passionate, I’ll give you that.

But if things suck so bad from your perspective, why are you wasting your time with USPSA politics. Quit, and go do something else that brings you enjoyment and less aggro. I’m at the point in my life where I want less stress and clutter. If something like this vexed me so bad I’d go do something else.
    Because I've got a lot of sweat equity in this sport. Not talking about competing, talking about making matches happen.

Because my mentor has a member number in the triple digits and has been shooting IPSC longer than I've been alive, and I don't want to see him go to his grave after the sport he's spent his life practicing, enjoying, and promoting is destroyed?

If you're of the "shut up and shoot" class, maybe do that and let the rest of us sort out how to keep this organization from being NRA'd.

Because I've got a lot of sweat equity in this sport. Not talking about competing, talking about making matches happen.

Because my mentor has a member number in the triple digits and has been shooting IPSC longer than I've been alive, and I don't want to see him go to his grave after the sport he's spent his life practicing, enjoying, and promoting is destroyed?

If you're of the "shut up and shoot" class, maybe do that and let the rest of us sort out how to keep this organization from being NRA'd.
    I get it, you’re pissed off, but don’t direct your anger at me. You know nothing about me or my involvement in this sport (and it exceeds yours).

I’ve stated several times what I think needs done, and it’s not the “shut up and shoot”.

Interesting how people’s anger at an org can devolve into being so pissed off they want to fight everybody.

Good luck with that.

I get it, you’re pissed off, but don’t direct your anger at me. You know nothing about me or my involvement in this sport (and it exceeds yours).

I’ve stated several times what I think needs done, and it’s not the “shut up and shoot”.

Interesting how people’s anger at an org can devolve into being so pissed off they want to fight everybody.

Good luck with that.
    You're suggesting we sit back and vote our way out of this mess and that hasn't been working for the past five years.

Starving them is the only thing that will effect change one way or the other. They can starve to death or they can enact radical reform and win back support.

I hope it's the latter. I won't be renewing my membership, will let my CRO cert go, will not staff for any matches any longer and will not attend any matches that send the org fees.

I'm done until it's fixed.

You're suggesting we sit back and vote our way out of this mess and that hasn't been working for the past five years.

Starving them is the only thing that will effect change one way or the other. They can starve to death or they can enact radical reform and win back support.

I hope it's the latter. I won't be renewing my membership, will let my CRO cert go, will not staff for any matches any longer and will not attend any matches that send the org fees.

I'm done until it's fixed.
    What is different about 2024 vs before is the numbers. I’ll explain it again.

In the past we’ve only been able to vote in onesies and twosomes. Never before did we have an opportunity to vote in FOUR new members in one year. Now we do with A1, A2, A3, and A5.

Think about it. 4 new Board members, plus the Prez and A6 & A8. That’s a super majority, and I’ll bet A4 and A7 won’t continue to be the hold outs.

But you won’t be part of any of that since you’re letting your membership lapse or GAF since you’re stepping away, which is what I suggested you do since all this has you so worked up.

Good dog, you get a biscuit.

Guys, both of you care about USPSA but have different approaches. That’s ok.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List