Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Naomi Biden's SS detail opens fire on would-be car thieves

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Facts matter. 18USC3056(a)(7) says the USSS only has authority/duty to protect "major" P/VP candidates within 120 days of the general election.
    The “120 days” part is for spouses, not candidates. Obama came under USSS protection in May 2007.

The DHS Secretary and a bi-partisan committee decide who a “major candidate” is. Based on his current polling numbers, RFK Jr. probably doesn’t qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The “120 days” part is for spouses, not candidates. Obama came under USSS protection in May 2007.

The DHS Secretary and a bi-partisan committee decide who a “major candidate” is. Based on his current polling numbers, RFK Jr. probably doesn’t qualify.
    Micky Mouse probably has better polling numbers at this point, and a better claim to USSS protection.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Probably not. DSS had a similar policy for years but no actual training or policy on how to use warning shots, which defacto made them unauthorized outside of specific scenarios ala early-to-mid OEF and OIF where the mission firearms policy would allow warning shots at vehicles simply for failing to yield to the motorcade prior to shooting the vehicle/occupants.

In 2023, the administration's EO that mandated more uniform UOF policies across federal LE (duty to intervene in excessive force, bar on chokeholds and neck restraints, etc etc) resulted in the loss of warning shots. I imagine it is the same for the Service.
    It’s still in the DHS UOF policy along with the Coast Guard’s authority for sane in certain maritime contexts.

I’ll have to ask if it’s still in USSS’s agency policy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I have ridden in many USSS vehicles. They love to mount MP5s on mount brackets that sit in the front passenger seat area next to the center console. Muzzle is down by the floor board, top of the collapsed stock is about even with the cup holders in the center console.

If you see a busted window and legs dangling out of the car, one has to assume they may exit that car holding your MP5.

I think they can probably clearly articulate the threat level. Just my guess….

Something like this…. Just a guess.
    The Stray cats on WCBS - the NYC oldies channel? … now I feel old :-(

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Facts matter. 18USC3056(a)(7) says the USSS only has authority/duty to protect "major" P/VP candidates within 120 days of the general election.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

Many of those “major” candidates (or their staffs) delay USSS protection as long as they can because USSS insists they adhere to their schedules.

My old TF wound up with a case involving a subject who (prior to USSS protection as a candidate ) contacted the a Biden campaign and threatened to shoot Shotgun Joe if he appeared in our fair city.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-13-2023 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    They love to mount MP5s on mount brackets that sit in the front passenger seat area next to the center console.
    Yeah but to be fair, who wouldn't love that?

yeah, I know, I know; I don't even like using a console vault for a pistol if I'm parking on the street. Still, though.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Stray cats on WCBS - the NYC oldies channel? … now I feel old :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Really. "Stray Cat Strut" came out 42 years ago. Hell, I hadn't even turned 30 then.

(Queen, Stray Cats...it's all the same. LOL.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Look at the radio station on the screen in the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Look at the radio station on the screen in the vehicle.
    I think he is...

User Tag List