Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun EPS & EPS Carry - Enclosed 407K/507K

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My theory was that they started shipping the EPS Carry first, and worked the manufacturing bugs out by the time the EPS shipped.
    That is possible. I only have 2 with quite gap between them but so far no problems with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Bummer. Sounds like you got a bad one. Keep us posted.
    I had a shipping label same day, returned it the next day,(9/24) and just got a notice that my replacement is being shipped. I can't complain about their service.

My original EPS Carry came back to me today, no note of explanation from Holosun what was wrong with it. It came back with an Energizer and appeared to be working fine. I took out their battery and put in the Renata that I had put in it how ever many weeks ago, and it wouldn't turn on. That was the second of a batch I bought on Amazon and was only in the sight for a week or so before it crapped out. So I'm thinking that maybe my Renata batteries are counterfeit (do people knock those off?) or I just got a couple lemons and maybe the sight was fine all along. I'm surprised that they sent the old sight back and hoping they didn't just stick battery in it and say "yup, it works, send it back". I remounted it and I'll probably get to the range Thursday to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    My original EPS Carry came back to me today, no note of explanation from Holosun what was wrong with it. It came back with an Energizer and appeared to be working fine. I took out their battery and put in the Renata that I had put in it how ever many weeks ago, and it wouldn't turn on. That was the second of a batch I bought on Amazon and was only in the sight for a week or so before it crapped out. So I'm thinking that maybe my Renata batteries are counterfeit (do people knock those off?) or I just got a couple lemons and maybe the sight was fine all along. I'm surprised that they sent the old sight back and hoping they didn't just stick battery in it and say "yup, it works, send it back". I remounted it and I'll probably get to the range Thursday to see how it goes.
    A battery tester is a "must have" diagnostic tool for my red dot optics.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000F...b_b_asin_title
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Is there a recommended BUIS set for a milled Glock and an EPS? I prefer lower 1/4ish and value an unobstructed window. I do not want tritium.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Is there a recommended BUIS set for a milled Glock and an EPS? I prefer lower 1/4ish and value an unobstructed window. I do not want tritium.
    A .240 front works with the EPS on a MOS, and .215/.220 probably works even better. Milled you should be able to use OEM height, depending on your cut.

So I sent the EPS Carry GR6 back twice because I was seeing jagged reticle lines as I increased the brightness. I just got another one back. But, it was not a carry but an EPS GR6. At about 8 presses of the + button I am seeing jagged reticle lines again. I contacted Holosun saying they sent me the wrong model back. I was hoping they would see "our mistake, keep that one and we will send you a EPS Carry GR6", but they did not. They send return it and we will send you the right model back. That is fair, but hey, can't blame a guy for hoping.

Anyway, I checked the EPS GR6 I have had for awhile. I never noticed, but at about 7 presses of the + button I see one jagged reticle line. Never really noticed at it is not as pronounced as the I saw in the others. Maybe it is just my eyes, stigmatisms do weird things.

But when I checked my 509 there was no such reticle lines. Maybe smaller dot, different effects, who knows.

So I will send the EPS back and await the EPS carry. Hope that works as well, but I think I am done with this matter. I am going to write it off as it may be my eyes. At max brightness it seems my RMR also shows what looks like a reticle line.

If I get another dot I was looking at an ACRO P2, we will see how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    MOS: Ameriglo GL-453 "1L" height sights are just barely visible. I use them for the EPS and Steiner MPS on an MOS gun.

Milled: Essentially any "normal" sights as long as the pocket is cut deep enough. I am using Ameriglo GT-504 (I think) on my milled EPS gun. Just barely visible.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    MOS: Ameriglo GL-453 "1L" height sights are just barely visible. I use them for the EPS and Steiner MPS on an MOS gun.

Milled: Essentially any "normal" sights as long as the pocket is cut deep enough. I am using Ameriglo GT-504 (I think) on my milled EPS gun. Just barely visible.
    Some of this depends on the MOS plate. With the DPP plate on my G19 the GL-453s are completely visible as the bottom of the rear notch is almost dead even with the deck of the optic. I love that setup as the GL-453s behave like normal sights in use without holdoffs to compensate for height over bore. Holosun's plate is way thicker and probably would obscure them altogether, other plates are in between the 2 extremes. I think the Calculated Kinetics plate is pretty thick too.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post

I have been using these with a MOS and DPP plate:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B089N...b_b_asin_title

User Tag List