Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    In terms of weight and its effect on recoil, the weight increase of the G47 vs the G17/G45 is about the weight increase of a RMR.

Has anyone noticed any change in recoil characteristics for RMR/RDS VS Irons?
    To the extent it is weight, the extra weight of the 47 is all forward, as can be seen by this picture of a 47 and 17 slide.

Name:  IMG_3761.jpg
Views: 1589
Size:  53.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I just picked up lightly used G47 MOS slide to try on G45 and G19.5 frames. I'm looking at the CHPWS MOS sights. Do they need to be fitted like Dawson sights or can they just be pushed in like Trijicon sights?

Also, if setting it up for a Carry Optic pistol which optic would you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I just picked up lightly used G47 MOS slide to try on G45 and G19.5 frames. I'm looking at the CHPWS MOS sights. Do they need to be fitted like Dawson sights or can they just be pushed in like Trijicon sights?

Also, if setting it up for a Carry Optic pistol which optic would you use?
    They push on like a Trijicon rear.

SRO is the most popular CO optic for a Glock. I hope the soon to release Holosun 507 Comp optic will be better and less expensive. I have a 509T on one 47, a 407 CO on another and soon will be trying a Romeo 2.

I’ve been messing around shooting CO for the past couple months using a G47 with a SRO on it…IMO it’s about as good as it gets for a Glock based setup. Irons are the same Ameriglo sights I use with the P2 on an Glock and give about the same lower 1/4 sight picture. Name:  99CD9239-9258-41EA-BCC8-7CB79B5FF1A7.jpg
Views: 3205
Size:  87.8 KB

@TCB Which specific model of AmeriGlo sight are you using with the SRO?

Ameriglo GL-429 set for both ACRO (on a B&T plate) & Trijicon SRO (on a FCD plate) (.315 F / .394 R). Just enough peeks over the bottom of the window on both optics to make a shot.

I’m thinking about picking up a 47, but I have this nagging thought in my head saying…why not try a Shadow System instead.

Not a work gun, retired so that doesn’t apply. Anyone have any thoughts on this, own both, pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I’m thinking about picking up a 47, but I have this nagging thought in my head saying…why not try a Shadow System instead.

Not a work gun, retired so that doesn’t apply. Anyone have any thoughts on this, own both, pros and cons.
    The 47 is possibly the penultimate Glock in terms of performance, reliability and design. The Shadow guns of late have not been the best Shadow System pistols made. The availability of the Glock performance trigger is just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The 47 is possibly the penultimate Glock in terms of performance, reliability and design. The Shadow guns of late have not been the best Shadow System pistols made. The availability of the Glock performance trigger is just icing on the cake.
    What do you mean by “penultimate?” Which Glock is the “ultimate”—the 19?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    What do you mean by “penultimate?” Which Glock is the “ultimate”—the 19?
    The ultimate Glock is the 26. I'll have to try one of these penultimate 47s sometime.

User Tag List