Thread: My new Rossi RM66 is pretty awesome!

My new Rossi RM66 is pretty awesome!

I shopped for a while and almost bought a S&W 686 the night before, but I walked into our local gun store and saw they had 2 brand new Rossi RM66 357 revolvers. I had to walk away with one, and I'm glad I did! Here's my first time shooting this smooth pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by mrstangblb View Post
    I shopped for a while and almost bought a S&W 686 the night before, but I walked into our local gun store and saw they had 2 brand new Rossi RM66 357 revolvers. I had to walk away with one, and I'm glad I did! Here's my first time shooting this smooth pistol.
    I know this is an older thread but I’ve been looking hard at the Rossi for a workhorse style revolver, kind of a backup to my 686 but with some budget in mind. Have you found anything like night sights and holsters for the new Rossi?

Quote Originally Posted by MCGILLA G View Post
    I know this is an older thread but I’ve been looking hard at the Rossi for a workhorse style revolver, kind of a backup to my 686 but with some budget in mind. Have you found anything like night sights and holsters for the new Rossi?
    I haven't really looked for night sights, but I found a random nylon holster at Cabela's the other day. The trigger has really smoothed out well!

I'm looking hard at these 6" Rossis. I need a 6" or longer 357 to put a pistol scope on.
    Do these come drilled on top under the sights to take a regular S&W scope mount?

Quote Originally Posted by onehalfmvsquared View Post
    I'm looking hard at these 6" Rossis. I need a 6" or longer 357 to put a pistol scope on.
    Do these come drilled on top under the sights to take a regular S&W scope mount?
    I can't tell that is the way it comes, but I wish it was that way!

Quote Originally Posted by onehalfmvsquared View Post
    No, the rear sight isn't compatible with the S&W screw hole pattern.

Rats. if you ever make a scope mount for it, or drill it to accept S&W mounts, I'll buy one

So where does Rossi sit in the Taurus portfolio? Website only shows 2 models. Is this the start of a more-premium-Taurus line?

Comparing the Rossi 66 to the Taurus 66 shows a slightly higher MSRP, polished-vs-bead-blast finish, pinned front sight, and hammer nose. Exterior looks very similar.

The RP63 looks like a 3" S&W 65 with a user-replaceable front sight and the hammer-mounted firing pin that would theoretically give you some wiggle room with lighter springs. 27oz is pretty close.

Does it take K-frame speedloaders?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    So where does Rossi sit in the Taurus portfolio? Website only shows 2 models. Is this the start of a more-premium-Taurus line?

Comparing the Rossi 66 to the Taurus 66 shows a slightly higher MSRP, polished-vs-bead-blast finish, pinned front sight, and hammer nose. Exterior looks very similar.

The RP63 looks like a 3" S&W 65 with a user-replaceable front sight and the hammer-mounted firing pin that would theoretically give you some wiggle room with lighter springs. 27oz is pretty close.

Does it take K-frame speedloaders?
    Think of Rossi as sitting above the main-line Taurus revolvers but below the Executive Grade in terms of fit/finish. As far as loaders I'm not actually sure, because I don't have nearly as much hands on with the Rossi products as I do with the Taurus line, owing to me being the Taurus Brand Manager and Rossi being a separate brand.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If I hadn't burned through my gun budget, I might look seriously at a RP63.

(If I didn't have a 3" 65, a 2.75" 66 and a 2.5" 19, that is. Or maybe even with them.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List