Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Numerous LE trainees struck by car on morning run

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I think a better idea is to sell lottery tickets for a chance to be on the firing squad for the douche that drove the car. Maybe a GoFundMe, too.
    If the guy driving the car in fact fell asleep, my early comment was overdone. If he's a decent guy, this shit haunt him forever.

I'm going to be a Monday morning quarterback and point out that something like turning bad is an eventuality given a long enough time line.

LE doing training in an uncontrolled public setting has always been risky, doing it for dubious benefit like this is just dumb paramilitary BS.

Whether this was intentional or not, cops are being targeted for assassination and anti-cop sentiment is at a crescendo.

My understanding is that one cadet is dead, others lost limbs and one had their jaw ripped off. What a sad and pointless reason to be maimed or killed.

This article says he had marijuana in the vehicle:
    https://ktla.com/news/local-news/wro...ehicle-report/

Drivers name and/or photo still withheld.
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Cant find anything on the driver aside from his playing football in high school, but his 44 year-old father has the same name and has 80 court records according to Spokeo https://www.spokeo.com/Nicholas-Guti...er/p2725696201

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    They did have a cruiser blocking the rear, but the car hit them from the front.
    Then I retract my statement. I did not watch the video because I didn't want to see the carnage.

My apologies, especially to SoCalDeputy, and also to Lon for joining in w/o full knowledge.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    This article says he had marijuana in the vehicle:
    https://ktla.com/news/local-news/wro...ehicle-report/

Drivers name and/or photo still withheld.
    Article updated this afternoon. investigators are now saying it was deliberate:

"A Diamond Bar man deliberately drove an SUV into a group of law enforcement recruits in South Whittier Wednesday morning, Sheriff Alex Villanueva said. "They went through an exhaustive interview process with everyone involved with the video surveillance statements from the recruits, the physical evidence they had and what they got from the suspect himself. And they were able to form the opinion that this was a deliberate act,” Villanueva told NewsNation Thursday.

The driver, Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez, 22, is now charged with attempted murder of a peace officer and other charges are pending, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said in a news release Thursday."

Cant find anything on the driver aside from his playing football in high school, but his 44 year-old father has the same name and has 80 court records according to Spokeo https://www.spokeo.com/Nicholas-Guti...er/p2725696201
    Sounds like hoodrat offspring to me.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    My first instinct was Waukesha, not accident.

And just like the press had little appetite for covering that horrific story because it didn't serve their preferred narratives, I don't expect this one will have much in terms of legs either.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Sounds like hoodrat offspring to me.
    For those not familiar with how public search engines like Spokeo work, if you enter a common name, like “Nicholas Gutierez” you’re going to get multiple hits, especially for something like Los Angeles county court records. There 80 hits are for all the people named “Nicholas Gutierez” not all relate to the same / that specific Nicolas Gutierrez.

In a county with as large a Hispanic population, such as Los Angeles, you could have 80 court records, and none of them could relate to the subjects, father.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-17-2022 at 11:33 PM.

Driver was released from jail the night before his arraignment. The LASD says it still intends to pursue attempted murder, but does not have enough evidence at this time to charge him.

User Tag List