Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Budget Wide Bodies. BUL vs Springfield Armory!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Pretty good overview of both Prodigy models from Hilton Yam of 10-8 Performance.

No range time yet but he says that's coming.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiNnhy3MBQy/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I'm all-in on the WC X9 guns but did watch the IG from Chambers Custom on this gun. He has some good things to say about it.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I...did watch the IG from Chambers Custom on this gun. He has some good things to say about it.
    Relatively speaking, yes.

He said the frame and slide are okay. I think the words he used for the extractor was, "hot garbage."

WAP?

Purchased the 4.25 model and 500 rounds of practice 9mm. Cleaned it and oiled it, then put 100 rounds thru it. Instantly impressed with the accuracy and how soft it shot. I was wearing bifocals and had to do the-old-blind-dude-tilt-the-head-back technique and still shot groups I was happy with. It’s also been about ten years that I put a few rounds through a 1911 so there’s some adjustment there. About five failures to go into battery solved with a tap on the base of the inserted mag.

Next day, Lead Lunch, with the same 115 grain and a mag of 124 grain HST’s. Surprised to get three failures to go into battery with the HSTs. Accuracy and trigger control improving. I was watching a YouTube video on the Prodigy and noticed how wet this user had lubed his slide. Cleaned it throughly and this time was really generous with the oil. In addition to 100 rounds of 115 FMJ, added a box of 124 FMJ and two boxes of hollow points, 115 Winchester and P+ HSTs and one box of the 65 grain polymer ARX rounds.

The Prodigy was flawless with everything, and to be honest the ARX was the most pleasant surprise. I was happy it fed reliably and recoil was next to nothing. Be back at it Monday if the weather allows. Pretty happy with this purchase so far.

https://themagshack.com/?s=Prodigy&p...ct&dgwt_wcas=1

If the Dura Mags stay at this price when they come in stock I'll have to buy half a dozen. Even if they need a little tweaking or some polishing they are still likely to be a good value at $30.

Second outing with DS today. I'm running a 5" and my son has the 4.25.

- Changes made to the 5" from the first outing 12# spring and STI magazine.

The 4.25" started with a few failures to feed followed by intermittent failures to fire. Then the 5" began to have failures to fire. At first I thought it was the reloaded ammunition, and switched over to Blazer Brass 147 and they continued. Other than the failures to fire the 5" ran without issue.

Came home and cleaned both firing pin channels. The FP spring is ridiculously heavy and the firing pin is titanium and ridiculously light. Both FP springs were changed over to Wolf extra power, and they are lighter than stock.

Firing pins are being replaced with EGW. The stock pin head measured less than .066. I ordered .066.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Something that popped up on my YouTube feed:

Round count - 500

After being generous with the lube and running 124 grain FMJ and two 25 round boxes of JHPs, (took me to three hundred rounds ), I hit 500 rounds yesterday with the tepid Magtech. . No issues whatsoever.

I’m not overly familiar with 1911’s, but I feel a stronger recoil spring might have eliminated my problems. 1500 rounds to go.

Quote Originally Posted by mongooseman View Post

I’m not overly familiar with 1911’s, but I feel a stronger recoil spring might have eliminated my problems. 1500 rounds to go.
    Here's a bit of info on 2011 springs. Granted he's talking mostly about the P series gun so it may or may not carry over.

Internet rumor is that the 4.25" guns are running a 12# spring and a 9# spring in the 5" guns. Either gun would probably be just fine with a spring that's two pounds heavier.

Last edited by Tokarev; 09-14-2022 at 03:38 PM.

I have the replacement trigger guard screw from Springfield installed with a dab of blue thread locker. Hopefully it will stay in place this time.

I have a few more mags ordered as well. Two more 17 and one 20 round.

My idea is to tweak four of the 17 round mags so feed lips are about .350" across the back and .360" across the front. Then I'll leave two of the four with stock mag springs and put ISMI springs in the other two. Mags 5 and 6 I will leave stock feed lips and springs and then try to track which mags end up working better.

No real plans for the 20-round. Just probably tweak the feed lips and use with the factory spring for the time being.

User Tag List