Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caracal - Recall

Site Supporter

Caracal - Recall

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...l-model-pistol

Caracal is now issuing this recall of all Model C pistols in all markets, following the completion of a full investigation. Caracal is initiating this voluntary recall of Model C pistols because the safety of its customers is paramount.

This recall affects all Model C pistols, including but not limited to those with serial numbers which start with the following letters: HM, AA, AD, AG, CA, CB, CC, CD, CE, CF, CG, CH, CI, CJ, CK, CL, CM, CN, CP, CR and CS.

If you own or have access to a Caracal Model C pistol, PLEASE DO NOT LOAD OR FIRE YOUR PISTOL. Please contact Caracal customer care immediately to arrange to have your Model C pistol returned. Caracal will provide you with a full refund of the purchase price of your Caracal Model C pistol or vouchers for other Caracal products. Unfortunately, the potential safety issues cannot be addressed through a repair of the Model C pistol and all Model C pistol’s must be returned for refund.

Step 1 –Please contact customer care in accordance with the below details and provide your name, address, telephone number and details of your purchase.

For USA Customers

Contact us at +205-655-7050 or info@caracal-usa.com

For International Customers

Additional numbers will be published shortly; however please contact us on recall@caracal.ae in the interim.

If you have sold or transferred your Caracal Model C pistol to any other person, we ask you to please contact us in any event and provide us with the name and contact information for the person to whom you sold any Model C Pistol so that we may also notify that person of this recall.

Step 2 – Customer care will contact you to arrange for a refund in accordance with the above. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Thank you. Caracal International LLC

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I'm having flashbacks.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Perils of the early adopter.

Most firearm design may be more art than science, but the risk of a catastrophic failure across an entire product line that can't be fixed...how much engineering went into this thing?

Does this represents the entire line of pistols the company produces? Or just one model?
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Is this the second or third recall?

I never liked the looks of a plastic pistols .

But for some reason the caracal appeals to me ?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Does this represents the entire line of pistols the company produces? Or just one model?
    Near as I can tell, it's all of them.
    3/15/2016

Hard to tell what is affected from the company website. All pistol models start with "C" and have numerals after them.

Per Wikipedia there are three models, the "F" or fullsize, "C" or compact, and "SC" which is different than the other two models somehow. So this may affect only the compacts.

I will say this, if one product is affected this badly, and if they miss obvious typographical errors (mostly spacing) in their recall notice, how good do you feel about their attention to detail in their other offerings?

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    It seems that most recall notices I've seen in the past (whether for firearms, cars, or anything else), at least make some attempt to describe the problem being addressed.

This notice just makes vague mention of "potential safety issues."

Am I wrong to find that curious and/or concerning? I would - at the very least - expect the notice to warn of the actual nature of the safety issue. Does it fire when dropped? Does it go full-auto? Does it go kaboom?

TheFirearmBlog links back to a previous article they ran, where a Caracal blew up. The actual incident happened in Nov 2012. Am I to understand that this is a related issue, or is it just being brought up as an example of previous Caracal trouble?

If this is linked to the November kaboom in any way, it seems very troubling that it would take 10 months to complete an investigation and make a press release. If it's not related to that kaboom... then what is it?
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

I was told by a Caracal owner that is just affects the "C" models but who knows for sure.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I was told by a Caracal owner that is just affects the "C" models but who knows for sure.
    I don't grok how that would be, as the lockwork is the same?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List