Because Crimson Trace sent me one each green and grey Lasergrips, I've dubbed the guns "Green" and "Grey" to make things easy. Green shot a little better for me so I've decided to make it the test gun while Grey gets relegated to back-up duty.
Green turned in an average of 2.46" groups (benched, five 5-shot groups at 25yd).
650 total rounds
- 50rd Speer 124gr +p Gold Dot through Metalform 10rd magazines
- 100rd CCI 3510 (115gr TMJ Blazer), half through Wilson 10rd magazines and half through the Springfield 9rd mags... two of the Wilson mags (#3 & #5) would not load more than three rounds of this ammo at a time; the other four Wilson mags loaded to ten rounds without trouble
- 100rd Federal AE9AP (124gr FMJ American Eagle), half through Metalform 10rd mags and half through Tripp 10rd mags
- 150rd CCI 3460 (124gr TMJ Cleanfire Blazer), 50 through Tripp mags and 100 through Metalform
- 250rd Federal P9HST3 (124gr +p HST), 25 through Springfield 9rd mags, 50 through Tripp 10rd mags, 75 through Wilson 10rd mags, and 100 through Metalform 10rd mags
Grey averaged 2.88" groups
550 total rounds
- 50rd Speer 124gr +p Gold Dot, Wilson 10rd magazines
- 100rd CCI 3510, half through Springfield 9rd magazines and half through Metalform 10rd
- 100rd Federal AE9AP, half through Wilson 10rd and half through Tripp 10rd
- 100rd CCI 3460, 20 through Wilson 10rd, 40 through Metalform 10rd, 40 through Tripp 10rd ... four of the Wilson mags (#1, #3, #4, #5) would not load more than three rounds of this ammo at a time
- 200rd P9HST3, 25 through Springfield 9rd and 175 through Wilson 10rd
In addition to the issues loading the two Blazer variants into the Wilson magazines, the Wilsons in general had a propensity for getting hung up when trying to load a fourth round of various different loads. Taking all of the rounds out of the mag and reinserting them fixed it for everything but the Blazer, though. Unfortunately, I have more of the Wilson mags than any other brand and the next 50,000 rounds of practice ammo arriving is all Blazer.
I specifically checked each magazine multiple times with multiple types of ammo to see if it would drop when fully loaded, partially loaded, and empty. No issues arose.
As I mentioned to SLG on the phone, the strangest part of this so far is that unlike any other gun I've ever used, each magazine I get through without a stoppage feels like winning the lottery. So many people told me the guns wouldn't run that I'm elated each time ten rounds go off in a row.
edited to add: Green's trigger measured in at 4 3/4 pounds; I have not checked Grey yet