Page 18 of 122 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2 July 2020 SIG P320 Lawsuit and P320 Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I am probably still going to buy a P365. I posted a 25 yard ten shot group somewhere in the 25y revisited thread that was pretty solid for such a small gun. The 365 XL that I shot did even better.

They seem to have the kinks worked out in them. Everyone I know that has one is very pleased with it.

Regards.

I think the 365 at this point is GTG. The officers we have that carry them are pleased, and we have had no issues with any of them.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I am probably still going to buy a P365. I posted a 25 yard ten shot group somewhere in the 25y revisited thread that was pretty solid for such a small gun. The 365 XL that I shot did even better.

They seem to have the kinks worked out in them. Everyone I know that has one is very pleased with it.

Regards.
    I'm really digging the 365 XL. I bought a 365 first for pocket/ankle/bug duty and thought the XL was the worst of all worlds. Too big to work as a bug and too small to be a primary. If I'm going to put it on a belt, it might as well be a real gun. Then I shot one. The XL surprisingly shooter-friendly. I takes a bit more work to be consistent on the grip out of the holster, but my performance with the XL is extremely close to a full size P320 as long as I am consistently working with it in dry fire. I've had zero reservations about going to it full time while I wait for the latest drop-safe BS to work out.

I do have a complaint about the thumb safety: It's too small. My dry fire work is primarily focused on getting a consistent grip and swiping the safety off. It's bad enough that I've considered with taking it off, and having the thumb safety was one of the reasons I tried the XL in the first place. It's probably less of an issue for someone with smaller hands, and non-issue if someone is using a non-safety version. If someone would make a longer/wider thumb safety, I'd buy a handful of them immediately.

Site Supporter

Regards.
    I bought a P365 a little over a year ago after the Indiana State Police selected it as an issued backup gun, and our own Pat Kelley tested one on video. It has become my every day carry gun. In business casual summer attire, it is pocket carried in in Aholster pochet holster, using 10 round flat basepad magazines. Otherwise, it is carried IWB in a JM Custom Kydex #3 using 12 round magazines. I have been very impressed with the concealability and accuracy.

I was able to obtain our pistol that was related to our ND/AD and I took it down to the individual parts......which I had never done and this pistol was factory fresh with a build date of 10/2017. I entered the s/n into Sig's website "upgrade" checker and it came up good to go per Sig.

However.......

Attachment 58004

Dual sear springs were crossed and not putting correct pressure up on the foot of the striker

Attachment 58005

For lack of a better term, apparently this is an older style sear that lacks the nipples or posts that the springs slip over to keep them aligned.

Attachment 58006

It has dimples instead....and apparently, whoever assembled this thing in 10/17 did so in a hurry.

Attachment 58007

This is the spring that Sig no longer installs in recent builds. I feel certain that I now know why.

This little spring, which is the spring that retracts the lever that lifts the striker block, was a little hosed up. My thoughts are that the striker block lever was "stuck" in the upward position, with a striker foot not held by proper dual spring tension, and when our guy holstered, when his pistol clicked down and seated, the striker slipped from the sear and fell forward....discharging the HST round.

I have taken several apart from that same general time of year this one was build. They all have the newer style sear with spring posts instead of the dimples.

I'm 90 percent sure this discharge wasn't his fault. We assumed garment on the trigger but now I'm leaning towards the gun. I plan on sending Sig a certified letter this week as I need a replacement sear for this gun as well as any others I come across that have the similar, older style sear.

We have pulled them from duty and most have qualified on other pistols. We will see where it goes. I'd like confirmation from Sig that the fix is to simply remove that striker block lever spring from each copy and to ensure they have the most updated sear. If that's the fix to make them safe, I can do that for nothing for most of the guns we have.

I also appreciate this thread and they way everyone conducted themselves.
    @lwt16 and @JonInWA

if found this youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjWsJlFQ8Ao&t=1027s

this video was uploaded in july 28 of 2019..... how old this P320 could be???... lets calculate that it´s a couple of months old or maybe a year..

my point is that if you pay attention to the video,
    1.-you will see that the sear in this FCU is the updated sear with the two posts instead of two depressions as the old style, could be a replacement or aftermarket sear from gray guns or may be it´s the factory oem.
    2.- when the FCU is taken apart you will see the lack of the safety lever spring.
    so... maybe the reply I got from sig CS is true, at least guns built in 2019 and onward is true that they come from factory with the sear with two post for each spring instead of the depressions and the safety lever spring is no longer there.
    for a moment I thought about the sear spring coming together or getting linked due to the shooting vibrations or some other reason, but I just realized that each of the two sear spring goes in to two cavities in the sear cage.
    so this may support what @JonInWA and lwt16 have been investigating.

Do you still have that armorer's update and if so, can I see it?

I'm still certified and can provide my certificate if needed.

I asked Sig corporate if I could remove that spring and was offered a different solution.
    Found the page for you, Note Spring, Safety Lever. This is the page with the new parts for the VUP. I received an armorer update package in 2019.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 08-22-2020 at 03:09 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Found the page for you. This is the page with the new parts for the VUP. I received an armorer update package in 2019.

TXPO
    You da man!

Much appreciated.

You da man!

Much appreciated.
    Sorry I had to find the addendum, as it was a set of loose papers and I had to track them down.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Gravity acts on the gun in a different direction when it is being fired, being carried or when someone with a holstered gun is wrestling a suspect. So in which of these cases does the P320 have a functioning striker safety?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Gravity acts on the gun in a different direction when it is being fired, being carried or when someone with a holstered gun is wrestling a suspect. So in which of these cases does the P320 have a functioning striker safety?
    In all cases. The striker safety is spring loaded so it is in the locked position until the trigger is pulled lifting the safety lever up depressing the striker safety lock moving it out of the way of the striker. Whichever way the pistol is oriented has no effect on the striker locks effectiveness.

The spring that was deleted was for the safety lever and had a very small amount of weight much less than what was required to depress the striker lock. Sig removed the spring allowing the Safety lever to just sit freely in the fire control module.

I am not sure what is causing these alleged holstered NDs but with the sheer amount of reported issues there is still likely something going on.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    The striker safety is spring loaded so it is in the locked position until the trigger is pulled lifting the safety lever up depressing the striker safety lock moving it out of the way of the striker. Whichever way the pistol is oriented has no effect on the striker locks effectiveness.

The spring that was deleted had a very small amount of weight much less than what was required to depress the striker lock. Sig removed the spring allowing the Safety lever to just sit freely in the fire control module.

IÂ’m not sure what is causing these alleged holstered NDs but with the sheer amount of reported issues there is still likely something going on.

TXPO
    So the striker safety spring is still there and this is just a spring on the level that pushes up on the safety spring? That makes way more sense.

User Tag List