Page 321 of 375 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3741

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

St. Lucie County FL Deputy Shoots Man With Gun Instead Of Taser
    As the deputy said. "It was so instinctual". As I look back on some years as a Taser instructor for my former department, I wonder if issuing fewer Tasers, but providing more intense training might not have been the better option, That said, at some point for everyone, action can overwhelm their decision-making. I also wonder if a return to a design like the legacy Tasertron ECD might not reduce the risk of bad guys being Tasered with a Glock or vice versa.

I hope the deputy prevails in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    As the deputy said. "It was so instinctual". As I look back on some years as a Taser instructor for my former department, I wonder if issuing fewer Tasers, but providing more intense training might not have been the better option, That said, at some point for everyone, action can overwhelm their decision-making. I also wonder if a return to a design like the legacy Tasertron ECD might not reduce the risk of bad guys being Tasered with a Glock or vice versa.

She was suspended and given remedial training, no criminal charges

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That’s what I referred to in the latter part of my post. Real life is not a zero defect activity.

He’s coming up on two of his guys who have a non-compliant subject at gunpoint who has a firearm in reach. A “tense, and uncertain” situation. While we train to minimize muzzling, he probably never saw that officer. It appears to me 100% of his mental bandwidth was on the suspect at that point. Target fixation is a thing, even before shots are fired.
    That makes sense. Thanks for elaborating.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post

Yes, everyone has a finite amount of mental “bandwidth.” Some more than others but when it’s full, errors happen.

Video of Sparks, NV PD OIS outside the main police station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODWhrDMHNcY&t=3s

A summary from https://www.kolotv.com/2022/10/28/bo...lved-shooting/

"SPARKS, Nev. (KOLO) -The Sparks Police Department on Thursday released video that showed the police shooting of a man who fired two shots at the police department building on Oct. 18.

Police found Jason Thorpe, 36, of Sparks hiding in the shadows outside the police department on East Prater Way about 3 a.m. after he fired a shot. Security camera footage showed he fired toward the building.

Police negotiated with him for about 2 hours and 15 minutes before he fired another shot and charged police, who fired several shots at Thorpe. Body camera video seems to indicate he yelled “Help me” before he rushed at police.

Video made public by police showed Thorpe walk up to the building before hiding in the shadows towards the south side of the police department. During a span of 20 minutes, Thorpe pointed a gun at the building about 18 times, security footage showed. He aimed at staff working in the records division, the parking lots and employee entrances, police said, and they apparently did not see him.

Thorpe fired a shot. A sergeant approaching the building heard the shot and drove around but did not see anyone. Then a second sergeant walked out of the building and saw Thorpe.

The second sergeant ordered him to drop his gun and called in the situation to dispatch. Other police began to arrive. Police repeatedly told him to drop the gun and they could help him. The special weapons and tactics team and negotiators also arrived.

Police said they negotiated with Thorpe for about two hours and 15 minutes. He fired a second shot and then ran towards police and several officers fired at him.

First aid efforts were not successful."

Site Supporter
    Chicago PD foot chase with armed suspect. First time I’ve heard “drop the gun and I’ll let you go” as a command. Rare time I’ve seen an officer try to tase, twice, someone who was armed with a firearm.

Site Supporter
    Austin PD close with and then get into a close range gunfight with an armed dude holed up in the patio area of the restaurant. Scene includes oblivious bystander with the situational awareness of a fucking rock.

Last edited by Caballoflaco; 11-07-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Metro Nashville PD— gunman enters crime scene and opens fire on officers:

Busy day in Nashville.

Site Supporter
    Saratoga Springs, NY police shoot off duty Vermont Sheriff’s Deputy.

VT Deputy was involved in an off duty shooting after being assaulted. Responding uniformed officers ordered the deputy to drop the gun multiple times before they shot. supposedly 11 round were fired in total at the VT Deputy.

However, in watching the video, it appears this was almost a double friendly fire incident. A second uniformed Saratoga Springs officer appears to run directly through the first officers line of fire as she is firing.

User Tag List