Page 320 of 375 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3748

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter

Three Bristol CT Police Officers respond to a 911 call regarding two adult brothers fighting. Suspect dressed in camo and armed with an AR-15 type firearm apparently intended to ambush police. Suspect shoots his brother who allegedly tried to stop him then ambushes the three responders killing two and wounding the third. Suspect fired 80 rounds during the incident.

The video shows the surviving officer calling for help, maneuvering and putting the suspect down with a single shot to the neck fired from 36 yards using an RMR equipped Glock.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-behind.html[/QUOTE]

Attachment 95802

IME distance, movement and low light are where pistol optics shine.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Three Bristol CT Police Officers respond to a 911 call regarding two adult brothers fighting. Suspect dressed in camo and armed with an AR-15 type firearm apparently intended to ambush police. Suspect shoots his brother who allegedly tried to stop him then ambushes the three responders killing two and wounding the third. Suspect fired 80 rounds during the incident.

The video shows the surviving officer calling for help, maneuvering and putting the suspect down with a single shot to the neck fired from 36 yards using an RMR equipped Glock.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-behind.html
    Attachment 95802

IME distance, movement and low light are where pistol optics shine.[/QUOTE]

Obviously a sickening, tragic situation but one of the best pro-RDO cases I've ever seen. That's an incredibly difficult shot under the best of circumstances.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    First officer that got hit clears a malfunction while on the ground and gets back into the fight.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    First officer that got hit clears a malfunction while on the ground and gets back into the fight.

I admire the self control of the officer after being shot, and clearing a malfunction and returning fire. The tactics of everybody involved I'm not a fan of though. The insistence of officers on staying in contact distance of someone you've identified as an armed threat, and using their drawn pistols (held in that stupid one handed "cover the threat at close range" bullshit canted grip that some people teach) as 'cover', all crowding in way too close and in a crossfire.....I just don't get it. We've clearly unlearned the lessons of the past.

I'm glad the good guys were able to prevail, and I share the opinion of the Sheriff of Polk County Florida on the number of times that dude got shot (enough). But several of the Sgts first shots after being hit were kinda wild. Coulda gone a different direction. I wish cops didn't keep giving the bad guys a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I admire the self control of the officer after being shot, and clearing a malfunction and returning fire. The tactics of everybody involved I'm not a fan of though. The insistence of officers on staying in contact distance of someone you've identified as an armed threat, and using their drawn pistols (held in that stupid one handed "cover the threat at close range" bullshit canted grip that some people teach) as 'cover', all crowding in way too close and in a crossfire.....I just don't get it. We've clearly unlearned the lessons of the past.

I'm glad the good guys were able to prevail, and I share the opinion of the Sheriff of Polk County Florida on the number of times that dude got shot (enough). But several of the Sgts first shots after being hit were kinda wild. Coulda gone a different direction. I wish cops didn't keep giving the bad guys a fighting chance.
    Yup, move back to high risk stop mode imo. Worst case you've got a barricaded person, a pursuit, or at least distance when the ois takes place

His gunfight performance not withstanding, the sergeant's muzzle control was poor. Before the fight started he muzzled the other officer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    His gunfight performance not withstanding, the sergeant's muzzle control was poor. Before the fight started he muzzled the other officer.
    His muzzle control was poor. Getting knocked on your ass because you’ve just been shot 3x including once in the hands (inducing a malfunction) tends to impact one’s muzzle control, among other things.

You are shot, on your back and wondering if you’re going home ever again… that dude is getting all the bullets. It’s pure fight or flight.

The pre shooting tactics could have been better. We strive to minimize muzzling but it is never going to be completely eliminated in high stress situations.

This news video gives a better overview of what occurred.

Last edited by HCM; 10-26-2022 at 11:16 PM.

Site Supporter

St. Lucie County FL Deputy Shoots Man With Gun Instead Of Taser

Fort Pierce, Florida — On September 6, 2022, around 4:19 pm, a St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office Deputy responded to a report of a despondent man on the bridge. Deputy Courtney Hoyt’s body camera video shows Dylan De Reivera threatening to jump off the North Causeway Bridge. Hoyt spent several minutes talking to De Reivera before he jumped onto a lower platform and took off running. Deputy Hoyt said that’s when she spotted him taking something from his pocket. Investigators said it was a knife. Deputy Hoyt eventually caught up with De Reivera in her patrol car, and she had backup.

Deputy Jorge Mendez, arrived to find De Reivera walking along the sidewalk and ordered him to the ground, which he ignored. De Reivera continued to ignore the commands while walking toward the deputy. Deputy Mendez backed away from De Reivera and fired his Taser at De Reivera. The first shock sent De Reivera to the ground. For the next 30 seconds, De Reivera struggled with deputies as they tried to put him in handcuffs. He removed the probes from the Taser, and during the struggle, he picked up the Taser that belonged to Deputy Mendez. Deputy Hoyt told her fellow deputy to back up and charge his Taser. De Reivera got back on his feet and ran in the general direction of motorists.

Deputy Hoyt drew her firearm and shot De Reivera in the upper leg. The gunshot didn't stop De Reivera as he continued to run away from deputies but is quickly apprehended by other officers. He was arrested on charges including resisting officer with violence, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and battery on a law enforcement officer. The State Attorney’s investigation concluded that Hoyt thought she was firing her taser, not her gun. Therefore, they have recommended Hoyt not be charged with a crime. The sheriff's office said Hoyt joined as a trainee in 2019 and has never had disciplinary issues. The sheriff, however, determined that Hoyt violated department policies and suspended her. She is required to undergo remedial training. De Reivera is expected to make a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    His muzzle control was poor. Getting knocked on your ass because you’ve just been shot 3x including once in the hands (inducing a malfunction) tends to impact one’s muzzle control, among other things.

You are shot, on your back and wondering if you’re going home ever again… that dude is getting all the bullets. It’s pure fight or flight.

I'm sure you're 100% correct. But I wasn't talking about any of that.

As I stated in my post, he muzzled the other officer before the gunfight started. It's clearly visible at the 40 second mark on the PoliceActivity video.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'm sure you're 100% correct. But I wasn't talking about any of that.

As I stated in my post, he muzzled the other officer before the gunfight started. It's clearly visible at the 40 second mark on the PoliceActivity video.
    That’s what I referred to in the latter part of my post. Real life is not a zero defect activity.

He’s coming up on two of his guys who have a non-compliant subject at gunpoint who has a firearm in reach. A “tense, and uncertain” situation. While we train to minimize muzzling, he probably never saw that officer. It appears to me 100% of his mental bandwidth was on the suspect at that point. Target fixation is a thing, even before shots are fired.

User Tag List