Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 slim slide releases

P30 slim slide releases

As the title says just received the slim slide releases for my P30. I shortened the original part but felt reducing the thickness might help the occasional failure to lock the slide which I knew was self inflicted.

Name:  TODAY 006.jpg
Views: 1558
Size:  42.0 KBName:  TODAY 007.jpg
Views: 1145
Size:  39.1 KBName:  TODAY 010.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  42.5 KB

Is that from HKparts? The problem I have with the slide release isn't from my thumb hitting it, but rather the palm of my support hand. That looks like it would help a lot.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Is that from HKparts? The problem I have with the slide release isn't from my thumb hitting it, but rather the palm of my support hand. That looks like it would help a lot.
    No, got it directly from HK.

So are these "thinner" as far as how far they stick out from the frame and also shorter in that the lever doesn't go as far back to the grip area?

They look very similar to the size of the P2000 levers.

Quote Originally Posted by wrt81 View Post
    So are these "thinner" as far as how far they stick out from the frame and also shorter in that the lever doesn't go as far back to the grip area?

They look very similar to the size of the P2000 levers.

Well, yes they are thinner and shorter and yes they are P2000 levers.

Ahh the holy unicorn of Shangrala!

I tried for two hours on Monday to get a order in at HK CS. Unfortunately the phone line was busy and kept sending me to voice mail.

I've been wanting these slide releases for awhile, but would not mind the P30LS levers Which are shorter in length then stock P30 levers to compensate for the safety.

Part numbers for the slim slide releases are:

Right: R207757

Left: L207756
    AKA: SkyLine1

JohnN

So these are the ones that you have to completely remove to get the slide off the frame?

If so, I would rather have the P30LS Lever which makes take down easier, but that's just me.

Yes JohnR, although it is not much different from what I understand.

Like you I would rather have the P30LS levers, I all ready have a P30LS and have never experienced a failure to lock slide. But since the limited number of P30LS in country I doubt the levers are in supply. I'm going to try to contact Travis at HK CS on Monday (early this time) and will report back.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    JohnN

So these are the ones that you have to completely remove to get the slide off the frame?

If so, I would rather have the P30LS Lever which makes take down easier, but that's just me.
    I have the standard P2K lever on my P30 right now, and it really doesn't make the takedown any more difficult at all. The only difference is that the lever comes all the way out, just like the USP/P2000.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

I'm glad to see something is available (or becoming more readily available, at least), even though I've adjusted to the standard P30 levers and don't really feel there would be much advantage (to me) in changing them now. I know it's an issue that turns some shooters off of an otherwise viable choice for them (almost kept me away).
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List