Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock "Dot" Connector

We are diminished

Glock "Dot" Connector

Apparently, there is a new (fifth) connector in the Glock world, the "dot" connector. I haven't seen one yet but hopefully will have one in the next few weeks. I've been told it is designed to fall somewhere between the competition "minus" connector and the standard one.

So now there are, from lightest to heaviest:
    1. super secret minus-minus connector; I've tried one on another shooter's gun but don't have one myself (insert crying noises here)
    2. minus connector; the connector formerly known as the 3.5 and now technically the 4.5
    3. new "dot" connector
    4. standard
    5. "plus" connector; also known as the connector absolutely no one uses
    Once I get my "dot" I'll do some comparative trigger pull weight measurements. My guess -- and this is pure speculation on my part -- is that the "dot" may be in response to the increase in trigger pull weight brought about by the trigger bar used in the 4th gen guns.

Interesting. Minus minus - too light for a carry gun IMO but cool for a game gun. (Even if some warriors fight with it)
    Minus plus standard trigger spring is pretty close to the Gen 3 standard set up. So I guess the dot is to be a factory option for Gen 4s to get the poridge just right.
    Last edited by JHC; 06-20-2011 at 05:55 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

One of the members here has one. Maybe he will chime in with some input.

How "new" are these.

Is there any info available as to whether or not they will be available via retail channels or if this is something that Glock is keeping under wraps? (why they would...i dunno)

I may have to get my grubby little hands on one to play with.

A side note on all I've gleaned on the minus-minus, secret agent man, whatever you want to call them connectors.
    The super secret squirrel connectors actually have two generations. Original ones are unmarked, so unless you knew what you had you'd never know what it was. The newer ones I've seen are marked minus dot. Either way, these make for the nicest Glock triggers I've played with. The take up is very clean with a nice break. Due to our lawyer happy society, we'll probably never seen them in public hands. Just know they're doing God's work for some good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by NGCSUGrad09 View Post
    I may have to get my grubby little hands on one to play with.

A side note on all I've gleaned on the minus-minus, secret agent man, whatever you want to call them connectors.
    The super secret squirrel connectors actually have two generations. Original ones are unmarked, so unless you knew what you had you'd never know what it was. The newer ones I've seen are marked minus dot. Either way, these make for the nicest Glock triggers I've played with. The take up is very clean with a nice break. Due to our lawyer happy society, we'll probably never seen them in public hands. Just know they're doing God's work for some good guys.
    I've handled aftermarket tricked out Glocks with lighter and more SA like triggers but the neat thing about minus minus is that it still communicates to the shooter via a take up that is very familiar vis a vis the minus or standard 5.5 connector. Just stacking to a lighter break.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have one. They are calling it the ATF connector. Breaking through the gen4 trigger "wall" is a lot smoother. Glock says the trigger pull is about 5.5 lbs, but it feels a little less. I can shoot some photos of it later.

Todd- Do you want to get together this week and use it?

I also posted in another thread that there's a new locking bar spring for the Gen4.
    Last edited by GearScout; 06-20-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: whoops

Thanks for sharing as I had not heard about this.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

where do we get one

We are diminished
    GS -- I appreciate the offer but I'll be in Oklahoma City teaching this weekend. I'm supposed to have one coming so I'll just use this as an excuse to exercise my poorly underdeveloped patience muscle.

User Tag List