Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Out and About Gun Storage

Out and About Gun Storage

CCW holders, what do you do with your pistol when you need to make a short stop to a business/location that doesn't allow carry? If it's a safe of some sort, please describe. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    I have one of these lock boxes:
    http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/688...FcUmhgod5PMBSA

It comes with a wire rope choker that can be looped around the seat support. The gun won't fit in the box in a holster, so that makes for a lot of administrative handling of loaded guns while sitting in your vehicle. I don't like that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtown44 View Post
    CCW holders, what do you do with your pistol when you need to make a short stop to a business/location that doesn't allow carry? If it's a safe of some sort, please describe. Thanks.
    I have no experience in this area so take it for what it's worth.

Is it ok to say, "Find another business."?

If they don't want you, why would you give them money?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I have no experience in this area so take it for what it's worth.

Is it ok to say, "Find another business."?

If they don't want you, why would you give them money?

It's simply not a realistic attitude to take.

Ex: Some things have to be mailed USPS. Can't bring a gun in the postal store.

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    I have one of these lock boxes:
    http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/688...FcUmhgod5PMBSA

It comes with a wire rope choker that can be looped around the seat support. The gun won't fit in the box in a holster, so that makes for a lot of administrative handling of loaded guns while sitting in your vehicle. I don't like that part.
    I have one of these myself. Used it frequently up until a couple years ago. Just make sure to check the locking mechanism from time to time....they're cheap, and have a habit of loosening up with use.
    Last edited by TGS; 04-26-2016 at 11:31 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I use this:
    http://www.bjs.com/stack-on-portable...ZlsaAqw58P8HAQ

The cable lets you secure it to the seat frame. I also use it in hotel rooms. It's just big enough for a Sig P245 and an LCR together or one larger framed gun alone.

Out and About Gun Storage

The only place where I can't carry is university campuses. However, the law in Ohio allows me to drive on to campus with it on and then store it un-loaded in my trunk. I'm not sure if this wording has been updated, but my understanding is still that I can only place it in my trunk, which is unfortunate, because it is not as discreet. However, I always do it when no one is around, and a very simple work around that I have found is to just park slightly off campus and then leave it secured in the front of the vehicle.

I do not go to businesses that have signs up that forbid CCW. Many places in my town, like our favorite movie theatre and grocery store took the signs down after a polite conversation explaining the loss of business to the manager.

I don't go to the post office, with the singular exception of renewing passports or something. I use fed ex or ups instead. I avoid breaking the law so that I can avoid going into a courthouse. I go to the sheriff's office about every other month and park on the street and leave it in my vehicle...but wherever I have choice in my life, I will always choose to drive an extra 15 minutes to go shopping or similar, somewhere that allows CCW.
    Last edited by Josh Runkle; 04-26-2016 at 11:48 AM.

I have one of these in my truck.

http://www.gunvault.com/gun-safes/nano-vault.html/

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I use the same thing. I loop the cable around the driver's seat support and the tuck the whole thing underneath the seat so it's out of view should someone peak into the windows once I'm gone. The only place I ever really go that prohibits CCW is the post office and I try to go there as infrequently as I can.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 04-26-2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Loop, not look ;)

I'm in CA so the list of "no go" locations is extensive. I know, I know, just leave..............the plan is in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's simply not a realistic attitude to take.

Ex: Some things have to be mailed USPS. Can't bring a gun in the postal store.

I have one of these myself. Used it frequently up until a couple years ago. Just make sure to check the locking mechanism from time to time....they're cheap, and have a habit of loosening up with use.
    What has to be mailed usps?

User Tag List